Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Veronica Mars Memorial Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"My Mother, the Fiend" is an awesome episode.

Comment

Originally posted by lauraforever
      TOTALLY loved that show! In the Netherlands you can buy Region 2 DVD's. But they are Part 1 and Part 2 of a season, not one full DVD box. Maybe they've changed that in the time I last checked. Then again, I have all seasons on Region 1 and I can view them with my DVD Player! I'm super-psyched for the movie.
      Me too, Jan! I hope they actually go through with it because that would be awesome!!

Originally posted by Mars Investigations
      "My Mother, the Fiend" is an awesome episode.
      Yes, that episode is great!

Allison Hannigan does such a great job as Trina. It's weird to see her in a role that is quite the opposite of the sweet girl roles she usually does.

And that's the episode where she shares a scene with Charisma Carpenter, right? That scene was just all kinds of win!

Comment

Originally posted by dreamsofnever
        Yes, that episode is great!

Allison Hannigan does such a great job as Trina. It's weird to see her in a role that is quite the opposite of the sweet girl roles she usually does.

And that's the episode where she shares a scene with Charisma Carpenter, right? That scene was just all kinds of win!
        Yeah! This scene:

Kendall: So, is this your much older sister I've heard nothing about?
        Logan: Oh yes, where are my manners? Kendall Casablancas, Trina Echolls. Rode hard, meet put away wet.
        Trina: I'm guessing she's the wet one. Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got places to be.
        Kendall: Where? Is there a club where you, Dedee Pfeiffer, Joey Travolta, and Melissa Rivers all meet for drinks?
        Trina: There is. I don't think you'd like it, it's twenty-one and over. We're hitting an after party at Chuck E. Cheese, though, if you're free. (about Logan) 'Kay, well, I need him in bed by 10 p.m. sharp. He's got school tomorrow. 'Night, all.
        Logan: Well, the joke's on her. She came over to borrow my video camera. The girl does love a good exit line.

The dialogue in this show is so sharp and witty!

Comment

Yeah! This scene:

Kendall: So, is this your much older sister I've heard nothing about?
          Logan: Oh yes, where are my manners? Kendall Casablancas, Trina Echolls. Rode hard, meet put away wet.
          Trina: I'm guessing she's the wet one. Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got places to be.
          Kendall: Where? Is there a club where you, Dedee Pfeiffer, Joey Travolta, and Melissa Rivers all meet for drinks?
          Trina: There is. I don't think you'd like it, it's twenty-one and over. We're hitting an after party at Chuck E. Cheese, though, if you're free. (about Logan) 'Kay, well, I need him in bed by 10 p.m. sharp. He's got school tomorrow. 'Night, all.
          Logan: Well, the joke's on her. She came over to borrow my video camera. The girl does love a good exit line.

The dialogue in this show is so sharp and witty!

Yes, that scene was pure comic gold!

And like you said, the dialogue in that show was awesome! As a writer, I'm lucky to come up with maybe one scene with witty dialogue like that in a story. But to have it throughout every episode? Now that's impressive!

Ahh, Veronica Mars, how I love thee!

Comment

One of my favourite lines is Jackie's when Madison accuses her of lurking: "Lurking? You mean standing while black?"

Not to mention:

Ms. Hauser: What wonderful mountains, Madison!
            Madison: Thank you, Mrs. Hauser!
            Veronica: Oh, Madison, you have a little... [Rubs her own nose]
            Madison: What? Brown? Because I'm a brown-noser? [Sarcastically]
            Veronica: No. Glitter. Because you're a fairy princess!
            Last edited by Mars Investigations; 02-15-2009, 08:57 AM.

Comment

HAHAHA! OMG! That's so funny!

Comment

I love the fact that Logan inadvertantly kills Thumper by pushing the plunger, accidentally getting revenge.

Comment

"Not Pictured" is AWESOME.

Comment

"Not Pictured" is AWESOME.
                    Wow, you got through season two fast!

I love that episode! I never guessed who caused the bus crash, so it was a great reveal. And I always tear up when Veronica shouts "he killed my father!" and then Beaver jumps. That whole episode just had the suspense and drama and heart-wrenching moments spot on!

Comment

Wow, you got through season two fast!

I love that episode! I never guessed who caused the bus crash, so it was a great reveal. And I always tear up when Veronica shouts "he killed my father!" and then Beaver jumps. That whole episode just had the suspense and drama and heart-wrenching moments spot on!
                      I couldn't stop myself, I genuinely think I'm addicted. I wasn't feeling well today, so I dropped down on the sofa, put on the DVD, and didn't get back up for a while!

I never even considered Beaver to be the culprit before seeing the episode. I always feel really sorry for Mac - the way she sits there and cries after being humiliated. All the actors/actresses did a fantastic job on this episode.

Comment

I couldn't stop myself, I genuinely think I'm addicted. I wasn't feeling well today, so I dropped down on the sofa, put on the DVD, and didn't get back up for a while!

I never even considered Beaver to be the culprit before seeing the episode. I always feel really sorry for Mac - the way she sits there and cries after being humiliated. All the actors/actresses did a fantastic job on this episode.
                        I know the feeling! Every time I start to watch VM, I end up finishing at least 4 episodes before I tear myself away. Glad I'm not the only one!

And yes, Mac's scene was really heartbreaking too. That whole episode was just a perfect example of what good TV should be!

Comment

I know the feeling! Every time I start to watch VM, I end up finishing at least 4 episodes before I tear myself away. Glad I'm not the only one!

And yes, Mac's scene was really heartbreaking too. That whole episode was just a perfect example of what good TV should be!
                          Haha! As am I!

Exactly. Proof that Veronica Mars should never have been cancelled!

I ended up watching "Welcome Wagon" last night too. Enjoyed it, particularly the Logan/Veronica side of things. I like the way Dick was developed here too.

Comment

There's honestly no part of this show that I don't love Even a slighty subpar episode here is better than some decent episodes on other shows.

Another of my favourite quotes:

Jeff: "You're too busy hanging out with Captain Moneybags here."
                            Logan: "That's Admiral Moneybags."

Comment

There's honestly no part of this show that I don't love Even a slighty subpar episode here is better than some decent episodes on other shows.

Another of my favourite quotes:

Jeff: "You're too busy hanging out with Captain Moneybags here."
                              Logan: "That's Admiral Moneybags."
                              So true about the subpar eps being better than decent eps on other shows!

And LOL. That is such a great line! Logan had the best snark!

Comment

He did indeed!

I just watched "Lord of the Pi's". Excellent episode, and the way the LoVe relationship slowly breaks apart is well done. "Spit & Eggs" is up next - for me, one of the best episodes of the entire series. In fact, I think the scene where she fights off the rapist and escapes to Fatboy Slim's Right Here Right Now would make it one of my favourites regardless of the rest

How would you rank the arc mysteries, Kelly? For me it would be:

*The bus crash from Season 2
                                *Lilly's murder from Season 1
                                *The Hearst rapist from Season 3
                                *Veronica's rape in Season 1
                                *Dean O'Dell's murder from Season 3

It's a very close race, though.
                                Last edited by Mars Investigations; 02-23-2009, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎