Collapse
No announcement yet.

He has his powers! But Nathan! Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

why are people saying peter should be having the same scar?

The future has changed, and so has his scar.. get over it! he cant be cable his whole life!
    hehehe

Comment

The scar thing isn't a plot hole. It either won't scar (probably will) or the future changed and he got it in another way originally. Ando zapping Hiro, we don't know how his power might evolve? How is that a plot hole? We just found out about his power and you're already claiming that it's a plot hole in itself because we don't know how it works.

Comment

actually, i'm not convinced Hiro's Future won't come to pass. Ando's red booster lightning is similar enough to the red lightning he threw at Hiro in that future. It might have been a different timeline than the Peter Future. Hiro doesn't have his powers back, and might try to get the formula to get his powers; Ando might try to stop him, because he's worried about who Hiro might be giving the formula to (Mohinder?)

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
          Two scars according to you and in your opinion. To be honest, the Heroes seasons have changed the future numerous times and twice Peter has had a giant scar across his face. Who's to say that it won't come later on? Who's to say that the cut on his cheek will scar? I simply, in my opinion, will have to agree to disagree with you.
          MOD EDIT The future has changed, but not all of it. Everything here and elsewhere unless it comes from the writers themselves is speculation or theories. Besides, the only way Peter can get a facial scar is if he can't heal.
          Last edited by Atomic girl; 12-15-2008, 10:08 PM. Reason: violating rule #10

Comment

Exactly, Newb. It's up to the writers to decide what happens. If they want to say the future changed and that's his new scar, then that's what's going to happen. Doesn't make it a plot hole.

Your opinion is your opinion, but you say it's up to the writers, and yet always accuse them of bad writing, and anyone who defends them with a simple explanation is trying too hard to defend the show.

Comment

Originally posted by JW_102792
              Exactly, Newb. It's up to the writers to decide what happens. If they want to say the future changed and that's his new scar, then that's what's going to happen. Doesn't make it a plot hole.

Your opinion is your opinion, but you say it's up to the writers, and yet always accuse them of bad writing, and anyone who defends them with a simple explanation is trying too hard to defend the show.
              That's right...I do accuse the writers of bad writing especially if they write something that affects the continuity or logic of the show. That's a plot hole. I also understand that there are too many die hard fans or loyalists here and elsewhere that won't fess up to the bad writing or plot holes if it hit them in the face. Forums are very subjective and it's fairly easy to lose perspective and objectivity. Fortunately, most posters (so far) are mature and respectful enough not to attack others for having a different opinion from the status quo.

Comment

But, there is a difference between not "fessing up" and not caring.

To me, I don't care, just like how Pete & Nathan can fly, without a flame shooting out their butts.
                How do the other people emit flame without natural gas and a spark? How many beans do they have to eat to keep up the power?

It is Sci-Fi, that is enough explanation for me.

Comment

i'll admit, i was upset a few times this year with the plot issues.
                  1) Lindervision first appeared to Nathan before Maury broke out during the Level 5 attack.
                  2) Sylar had Peter's empathy power, while he had no blood relation and didn't take it.
                  3) Lots of things were left unexplained, like what powers Sylar did and didn't have.

But these are things that you notice when you over-analyze like me. To the regular viewer, it was a decent plot that continued moving. Folks like my dad lost interest because the uniqueness from Season 1 was gone. We'll have to see what people think, and that's only determined by viewer ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by STFanatic
                    But, there is a difference between not "fessing up" and not caring.

To me, I don't care, just like how Pete & Nathan can fly, without a flame shooting out their butts.
                    How do the other people emit flame without natural gas and a spark? How many beans do they have to eat to keep up the power?

It is Sci-Fi, that is enough explanation for me.
                    Excellent point. People have to realize that, but some will rationalize, justify, or dismiss every little nuance or criticism that's mentioned. It's easy to get caught up in that discussion.

Comment

Ya know, it would have been funny to see Pete & Nathan fly like that

Comment

Originally posted by Newb
                        That's right...I do accuse the writers of bad writing especially if they write something that affects the continuity or logic of the show. That's a plot hole. I also understand that there are too many die hard fans or loyalists here and elsewhere that won't fess up to the bad writing or plot holes if it hit them in the face. Forums are very subjective and it's fairly easy to lose perspective and objectivity. Fortunately, most posters (so far) are mature and respectful enough not to attack others for having a different opinion from the status quo.
                        I've already said to you in a few previous threads, I'm fine with admitting the show has plot holes. It has a lot of them, but the past two weeks I've given you an explanation to your "plot holes" and you still can't accept it. I'm not attacking you, I respect your opinion, you can think what you want to think, I just don't get why despite my explanations, you still call things plot holes, and think I'm out to defend the show attack people who say mean things about it.

I don't want this to turn into a flame war of "I'm right, you're wrong", I just want to try and help you realize that just because it isn't explained doesn't make it a plot hole. The show has plot holes, yes, I've admitted it a lot. Season 3 was very blah, had it's mistakes, tons of plot holes, but most of the ones you've said aren't plot holes at all, they just require some thinking. Again, I'm really not trying to attack you, it just bugs me that even with explanations you still call things plot holes, and think I'm blindly defending the show, which I'm not. I'm not a die-hard fan, I'm not a fan boy, I just think it's a pretty good show, and like to think about what might happen / how powers work, etc, and provide explanations to people when I can.
                        Last edited by JW_102792; 12-15-2008, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JW_102792
                          but that doesn't change the fact that almost everything you've called a plot hole, isn't.
                          Ok. If they're not plot holes, what are they then? You don't need to provide me specifics. I am just curious on what you think they are then.

Comment

Will Hiro get the chance to tell Nathan what he saw when he was 5 years in the future when all the people with powers were arrested??

Comment

Originally posted by Karafan1
                              Will Hiro get the chance to tell Nathan what he saw when he was 5 years in the future when all the people with powers were arrested??
                              Keep watching the show. You'll have the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Newb
                                Ok. If they're not plot holes, what are they then? You don't need to provide me specifics. I am just curious on what you think they are then.
                                Well to me, they're just unexplained things. In your thread this week about plot holes, for example. I've already replied there, but I'll say it here too. You say Peter's scar being on the wrong side is a plot hole. For all we know, it heals. For all we know, they decided to change where it is and use the "the future changed" excuse.

Yes, that's somewhat of a specific, but I'm trying to get my point across :-/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎