No announcement yet.

#2-11 "Chuck vs The Santa Claus"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superhippie2000
    a felt bad for both morgan and chuck they both saw something that really bothered them but didnt see the big picture of what was actually going on. i hope in the new episodes of chuck both of them learn the truth about what they saw and they can move on.
    I thought that Chuck did hear the conversation between Sarah and the Fulcrum agent. The fulcrum agent made a very good case for why he should be killed. I think the writers wanted us as viewers to think agree that Sarah did the right thing.

If Chuck didn't hear anything that was said and just saw Sarah execute someone in cold blood, I can see why that would freak him out.

But Chuck was right there watching the whole thing, what makes you think he didn't hear the conversation?

Comment

I don't think he did . . . when he came up, he was looking around, and then spotted them just as he said he was ready to be taken in and then put his hands up. I don't think Chuck heard what was said.

It would be cool to see character development from this . . . so hopefully they don't write it off that she shot him, but he didn't actually die, and was in fact taken to prison

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana
        I thought that Chuck did hear the conversation between Sarah and the Fulcrum agent. The fulcrum agent made a very good case for why he should be killed. I think the writers wanted us as viewers to think agree that Sarah did the right thing.

If Chuck didn't hear anything that was said and just saw Sarah execute someone in cold blood, I can see why that would freak him out.

But Chuck was right there watching the whole thing, what makes you think he didn't hear the conversation?
        i dont think he heard the whole thing cause it seemed like chuck peeked around the tree and started watching when the guy is like ok you can take me in and put his hands behind his head and sarah shot him. i dont think he heard the part about the guy going with sarah and saying it desnt matter cause the other fulkrum members will find him and he will tell them about chuck.

Comment

Spoilers, [SPOILER]Fulcrum eventually finds out about Chuck's ability to absorb the intersect and survive. They give him their own intersect "The Dark Intersect"[/SPOILER]

But man, Sarah killed that guy to protect Chuck, that proves she loves him willing to kill someone to keep him safe.
          Last edited by superhippie2000; 12-16-2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

This episode was just incredible! Especially the ending. Sarah kills the agent but Chuck doesn't know why (he didn't hear what we did) and then she lies to him about it! I love how Morgan's relationship paralleled Chuck's but in a different way. On that note, I was severly disappointed when Anna didn't see Morgan's feat of heroism. IMO this was the best episode of the season. I'm guessing it was the last for awhile...I will miss it while it is on hiatus.

Comment

he didnt hear it because he was too far away, all he could do is see. And when the agent put his hands up to be cuffed and taken away, then all of suden sarah shoots him, thats what freaked chuck out. you really think if chuck knew that his life and a lot others, including sarah and casey was at risk, he would be freaked out? Chuck knows that sometimes, the enemy need to be eliminated. This is one of those times, that freaked him out, because it looked like to him, sarah did it for no good reason. Even though she did do the right thing.

Sarah lied to him, because she loves him. And now that she knows for sure, he still loves her, she didnt want him to know what had to be done, because she was afraid he would have been freaked and a little disturbed at her hurting their relationship.

The ironic thing is that he saw the shooting, so lieing to him hurt that relationship. If he never saw it, things would have been just great. Because he saw it, it would have been better for sarah to tell the truth, and if she knew he saw, she would have.

She would have just explained the danger of keeping him alive, and why he had to be eliminated.

Comment

Okay, I re-watched the episode and I agree that Chuck didn't hear the conversation. He wasn't far away during the whole fight scene so I'm not sure what took him so long to turn around and see what was happening. So in a way that helps the Chara relationship. It is just a matter of Chuck understanding why she did it and all will be forgiven (eventually). And where the heck was Casey? One minute he is hobbling behind Sarah, the next minute he is gone.

Watching a 2nd time a few new things stood out.

1) Casey was very funny in this episode. I loved the taped fingers - his injuries from the gift wrapping station.

2) One of the funniest scenes was Ellie watching Lester and Jeff talk about why Chuck released Emmit first. The look on Ellie's face was priceless.

So I think it basically stinks that we have 6 weeks to wait for the next episode. In many ways I hope they don't sweep this whole Chuck/Sarah thing under the rug the first episode. I'd like to see Chuck take his time to resolve it for himself once and for all. He needs to accept Sarah for what she is or not at all.

Comment

So I think it basically stinks that we have 6 weeks to wait for the next episode. In many ways I hope they don't sweep this whole Chuck/Sarah thing under the rug the first episode. I'd like to see Chuck take his time to resolve it for himself once and for all. He needs to accept Sarah for what she is or not at all.
                  Yeah, I want to see this resolved on air as well. I think Chuck will accept her when she explains what was going on and what the agent said, but I don't want to see it swept under the rug . . . might be nice to see some more scenes where Sarah has to actually confront her feelings about Chuck as well
                  Last edited by DarkClone; 12-18-2008, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkClone
                    Yeah, I want to see this resolved on air as well. I think Chuck will accept her when she explains what was going on and what the agent said, but I don't want to see it swept under the rug . . . might be nice to see some more scenes where Sarah has to actually confront her feelings about Chuck as well
                    Sarah confront her feelings? More realistically we'll have Sarah run from her feelings. I think we might see Sarah justifying her actions to Chuck, but it would be ground breaking territory indeed if she talked about how she feels about her job and the things (shooting people) she has to do. I doubt we will see her talk about it. I would guess that Sarah hasn't admitted these feelings to herself. But what is great about the show is that they give us glimpses of Sarah's face and that tells us all we need to know.

Comment

Sarah confront her feelings? More realistically we'll have Sarah run from her feelings. I think we might see Sarah justifying her actions to Chuck, but it would be ground breaking territory indeed if she talked about how she feels about her job and the things (shooting people) she has to do. I doubt we will see her talk about it. I would guess that Sarah hasn't admitted these feelings to herself. But what is great about the show is that they give us glimpses of Sarah's face and that tells us all we need to know.

I agree, I don't think either one of them will ever openly admit how they feel, all though it obvious. Instead we will just continue to see the facial expressions, the gifts, the conversations, the dates where they kiss, and they know that the kiss was more than cover, etc.

I think that until, they get together, (if they do, which I think they will) thats all t will ever be. If they do get together, it will prolly be secret just as a cover to CIA and NSA, along with all bad guys they come into contact. Obviously they dont need to keep it a secret around everyone else, since they think its real already, they would just make sure that cover isnt blown when casey is around. Series finale will end with Sarah and Chuck giving up everything and running off together my guess, but they will definately get together before even the last season.

Comment

Originally posted by jkashuba07
                        Series finale will end with Sarah and Chuck giving up everything and running off together my guess, but they will definately get together before even the last season.
                        Do you think? Perhaps we are getting off topic here and should move our conversation to the "speculation" area.

Comment

Do you think? Perhaps we are getting off topic here and should move our conversation to the "speculation" area.
                          haha sry, just finishing my idea on how this whole lie thing would come together, wont happen again!

Comment

No apologies. I just thought this was a good topic of conversation that all us Chuck board regulars would like to discuss during the long break. I posted a thread in the speculation area.

Comment

ok awesome, I'll check it out!

Comment

So, I finally got to see it. I am in love with Chuck and Sarah. Awww...

That episode was so great. This show just keeps getting better and better. Seriously. The depth of character development this show brings is amazing. This is definetly the breakout hit of the year, creatively.

I was a bit shocked on what Sarah did, but it just shows how much she really cares for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎