Collapse
No announcement yet.

How could Hiro ....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched it twice already i think thats enuff you won't change my opinion on this one. He shouldn't have acted like he hadnt' seen his mom in 18 yrs. He acted like he hadn't seen her for a lifetime when in reality at the memory age of 10 would still have her alive so he WOULDN"T miss her THAT much.

Comment

Originally posted by LOONEY
      I watched it twice already i think thats enuff you won't change my opinion on this one. He shouldn't have acted like he hadnt' seen his mom in 18 yrs. He acted like he hadn't seen her for a lifetime when in reality at the memory age of 10 would still have her alive so he WOULDN"T miss her THAT much.
      This probably has been said (my bad then) but why wouldn't a 10 year old kid - who had just learned he is actually 28, found out his dad had died, learned that he had amazing super power abilties, + many more, not miss his mother? I mean, he's 10, the recent events would've been extremely overwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by unfocused
        Even at 28, Hiro is a child at heart. It's what makes him such a popular character. His childish ways and heroism make him a fan favorite amongst the show's audience. That said, pre-mindheal Hiro would most definitely act this way towards his mother after not seeing her for the past 3 weeks, especially since he's been on this journey around the world. Again, a ten year old Hiro would miss his mother a lot after three weeks of being without her.

I honestly never liked Hiro. These past 4 episodes, with their rare abundance in character screen time for him, were supposed to show us a different side of him and possibly even recreate the success of the character from season 1 where we saw a childish, unlikely hero against great odds. Yet, in hindsight there wasn't really much of a difference in the ordinary 28 year old Hiro and the ten year old Hiro of the past 4 episodes. They are essentially the same person in their minds. A hint of this in Our Father; we see a shot of 28 year old Hiro with ten year old Hiro standing behind him. Neither are looking at eachother, yet they both make a gesture of disappointment at the same exact time (nodding their heads to one side), for comic relief.

Even faced with adult decisions and adult responsibilities, Hiro chooses to maintain his childish, albeit bold, attitude. Before the mindheal, during the mindheal, and I think it's fair to assume after the mindheal, Hiro will still perceive his powers, the world, and his responsibilities the same way he always has. And Ando makes such a poor conscience of reason for him.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't have gone this far to prove the point. But yeah, point being, Hiro is a child and most children would miss their mothers a lot after so long being away from them.

sorry but in your example of them both being 10?... they both WERE 10. His mind wasn't healed yet.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by LOONEY
        I don't think you have children or are 10 yourself.

If either of these were the case you would have a different perspective. My kids miss me after 12 hours of being away at work.

Not trying to change your already set mind. Just saying you don't have the perspective to see what parents and people who know 10 year olds are seeing.
        Last edited by Yoshua; 12-12-2008, 08:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshua
          sorry but in your example of them both being 10?... they both WERE 10. His mind wasn't healed yet.
          Yeah you're right, I should edit that part.

Originally posted by Yoshua
          Not trying to change your already set mind. Just saying you don't have the perspective to see what parents and people who know 10 year olds are seeing.
          A good point. Often times it does take experience to fully understand certain things.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎