No announcement yet.

How could Hiro ....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could Hiro ....

remember how much he missed his mother if he only had memories from 10yrs on? i mean she would have just passed away and he acted like he hadn't seen her in YEARS which he hadn't.

But in that moment he get back all of his memories dont you noticed that ?? He became again to his normal being which is lame because when he thought that he have 10 years he was more powerfull and more funny

Comment

no as soon as he saw her he was all in awe of his long lost mother......they had many words about everything before he told her he only was 10 in his head. He had to be about 10 in that time line right? Nice try tho brother! He only got his memories back after the kiss on the forehead don't you noticed that??

Comment

i took it that before the heal he was simply a kid who missed his mommy... he hadnt seen her in days, and he was confused and being told he was an adult now and had to grow up... of course he would miss his mommy

and then when she healed him, he remembered how much he misses her now...

Comment

Come on now thats really streching for an answer fellows. He traveled back as a 10 yr old and his 10 yr old memories would have still been fresh since she was still alive when he was 10.....so that theory fails! His memories of her death would have come after those events....small plothole but still....he would have had no meomories of "LOSS" his feelings weren't hey mom i missed you it was more like hey mom i thought i'd never see you again since you are DEAD!

Comment

Well, Hiro is 28 currently, they went back 16 years, so the young Hiro there was 12 years old. Hiro thinks he's 10, so technically he shouldn't have even known she died. Maybe Ando filled him in his mom died, and he missed her a lot based on that. I doubt it, definitely a plothole, I'll agree.

Comment

you dont get what im saying

when your 10 years old, you miss your mom loads when you spend a night away from her (or maybe it was just me )

he thinks he's a kid right? he has just found out that he isnt a kid and that his parents are dead and his best friend is old and he is old. and that he has powers and has to save the world. he has been following matt around to help daphne and ends up breaking down in the comic book store...

OF COURSE HE'D BE HAPPY TO SEE HIS MOMMY... poor thing, he must have been so confused and lonely and missing her and needing a cuddle

i'm not talking about the 10 year old missing her cause she was dead, im just talking about the 10 year old missing her cause he hasnt seen her in a few days and he has been through a lot

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

p.s. technically all he says before the mind heal is 'it's so good to see you mommy' (just like a kid whos been away from his mom for a couple of nights

then after the mind heal he says 'i remember how much i miss you' (implying he didnt remember how much he misses her before the mind heal)
              Last edited by Hopefulsuicide; 12-10-2008, 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

at 10 you would be completely heart broken the moment you found out your mother had died.

And it would actually get less as you get older.

He would be at the most fragile state within a month after her passing. makes perfect sense both as a child and an adult.

Comment

Never really thought of it like that, there's an explanation then. Yay, not a plothole!

Comment

i think hiro new she had died he was readin those 9th wonder comics so maybe he read it in one of those

Comment

Keep stretching he shouldn't have acted as if he had know she died and he hadn't seen her for UMPTeen years. The comics? I mean thats not the answer to everything around here. He learned that his father was killed and that he kills Sylar and he hated it but nothing about mommy!

Comment

Originally posted by LOONEY
                        remember how much he missed his mother if he only had memories from 10yrs on? i mean she would have just passed away and he acted like he hadn't seen her in YEARS which he hadn't.
                        i think it was very well done.
                        i lost my mom at 7 and if i all of a sudden remembered she died and i was alone...dude i would have crumbled worse that hiro.

Comment

Yeah, that's a good enough explanation. If you were 28 years old, thinking you were 10, and you found out your mom has been dead for 16 years, you'd be pretty destroyed. Especially when you get to go back in time and see her.

The only thing I don't get, is episode 8 Hiro was so against going back in time, that he didn't care if it would save the world. Now I can understand 10 year old Hiro, since he doesn't remember going back and messing with Adam and creating a big villain. But once he got his memory back and realized he was back in time with his mom, why would he ask for the Catalyst? You'd think he would have realized that it might screw up time.

Comment

Originally posted by LOONEY
                            Keep stretching he shouldn't have acted as if he had know she died and he hadn't seen her for UMPTeen years. The comics? I mean thats not the answer to everything around here. He learned that his father was killed and that he kills Sylar and he hated it but nothing about mommy!
                            i really think you need to watch the episode again if your going to reply like this to every post

he didnt act like he knew she'd died... he didnt say anything about missing her until after he was healed... the only reason i felt he seemed sad was from listening to his mother and father's conversations about his health, and because he was afraid she wouldnt recognise him all grown up

that is why he hugged her with such relief

i dont know about whether anyone had told him about his mom. i hope not, it seems unneccesary and would have just hurt him, so if ando or anyone had told him seems like it would have just been mean

but i definately don't think Hiro's actions were weird

seriously, watch the scene again

Comment

Even at 28, Hiro is a child at heart. It's what makes him such a popular character. His childish ways and heroism make him a fan favorite amongst the show's audience. That said, pre-mindheal Hiro would most definitely act this way towards his mother after not seeing her for the past 3 weeks, especially since he's been on this journey around the world. Again, a ten year old Hiro would miss his mother a lot after three weeks of being without her.

I honestly never liked Hiro. These past 4 episodes, with their rare abundance in character screen time for him, were supposed to show us a different side of him and possibly even recreate the success of the character from season 1 where we saw a childish, unlikely hero against great odds. Yet, in hindsight there wasn't really much of a difference in the ordinary 28 year old Hiro and the ten year old Hiro of the past 4 episodes. They are essentially the same person in their minds.

Even faced with adult decisions and adult responsibilities, Hiro chooses to maintain his childish, albeit bold, attitude. Before the mindheal, during the mindheal, and I think it's fair to assume after the mindheal, Hiro will still perceive his powers, the world, and his responsibilities the same way he always has. And Ando makes such a poor conscience of reason for him.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't have gone this far to prove the point. But yeah, point being, Hiro is a child and most children would miss their mothers a lot after so long being away from them.
                              Last edited by unfocused; 12-12-2008, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎