• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prey - UK Tonight!

Looking forward to this episode!

is it on at 10 or 11? i forget

Comment

It was on at 10.

Just finished watching it. Brilliant episode, went really really fast though, there was so much going on.
      Can't wait for next week. Clark is soo going to become Superman SOON!

Comment

Also on at 11. Loved the Clark/Davis interaction in this eppy- a bit of bad acting from the isis kids though.

Comment

It was a brilliant episode as have all the episodes so far in the eighth series. It's a big change to see Clark actually independently take matters into his own hands and protect the city.

Comment

Best Episode of the series yet behind Odyssey! Next week's looks good as well!

Liked the MM and Clark scene at the end about Clark's identity, exciting or what and the END when we see the curcifix in Davis' Ambulance! Exciting stuff woohoooo!

Comment

Recruiting Meteorite Infected

Has anyone noticed the side-story of Tess recruiting people with Kryptonite powers?

I find this very interesting as this episode was the second person to sign up, the first we seen was Bette from ep 2: "Plastique" who had those handy exploding powers, and now we have the shadow guy who was the copycat killer from this ep.

What is the reason for all this, and could this actually be part of the bigger story to come in season eight?
              To me it seems a strong possibility and it hints to the formation of a group of super powered villains [possible spoiler] know as The Injustice League or at least a Smallville version who are Anti-"Heroes"[possible spoiler]. The most intriguing part of this is just who (or what) could be a leader for this rag-tag group of losers?

Exactly what there priorities will be, is anyone's guess - but you can bet it'll involve creating chaos and kicking major ass on the "Heroes" part - lets hope this will mean the official formation of The Justice League (all the super powered heroes seen in Smallville) and that it'll be the WHOLE gang thus far.

Comment

yes i can see that happening as well towards the end of the season which would make a great episode of both tess's anti-heroes and the justice league or perhaps they might leave it to season 9 to explore if we get that season!!
                Also i don't know whether this has been said but there is a break on the 30th of December after we have just seen episode 8 on the 23rd so i wonder if this is going to continue after that week are we are going to have a bigger break were the US get shown episodes continuing the season then we get to watch the remaining episodes all together.

Comment

Originally posted by psycosis
                  Has anyone noticed the side-story of Tess recruiting people with Kryptonite powers?

I find this very interesting as this episode was the second person to sign up, the first we seen was Bette from ep 2: "Plastique" who had those handy exploding powers, and now we have the shadow guy who was the copycat killer from this ep.

What is the reason for all this, and could this actually be part of the bigger story to come in season eight?
                  To me it seems a strong possibility and it hints to the formation of a group of super powered villains [possible spoiler] know as The Injustice League or at least a Smallville version who are Anti-"Heroes"[possible spoiler]. The most intriguing part of this is just who (or what) could be a leader for this rag-tag group of losers?

Exactly what there priorities will be, is anyone's guess - but you can bet it'll involve creating chaos and kicking major ass on the "Heroes" part - lets hope this will mean the official formation of The Justice League (all the super powered heroes seen in Smallville) and that it'll be the WHOLE gang thus far.
                  I noticed this too. I'm guessing it'll be tess who brings all these villains together and leads them. Though I wonder what her overlall motives are, and if this was part of lex's plans or if it was all her idea?

I'd love to see the whole proto-justice league appear at some stage. So far we have never seen the whole team (clark, green arrow, impulse, cyborg, aquaman, black canary, kara, martian manhunter, maybe chloe) working together, or even all appearing in the same episode. If there is a battle between all these heroes and villains, it'll be epic. You'd need to tell that story in a two-parter.

As for this episode, it was above average. I loved seeing clark listening to police reports and going out and trying to stop as many crimes as he can. And it looks like clark is starting to realise how much he needs a secret identity.
                  Last edited by Pesk; 12-10-2008, 03:52 PM. Reason: It turns out quoting a spoiler makes it visible so I changed the colour.

Comment

I know this sounds really stupid but watching the episode back on a screen bigger than 3 inches, the size I watched it on the first time, some of the characters look different.

(My TV isn't actually much bigger with 14" cause the big one blew up)

Anyway the character who looks most different is Clark. He has flatter hair on TV and his face looks rounder. Its funny when you get a slightly differnet picture of somebody in your head, then when you see them on TV, which is correct, they look odd.

And no its not because I have the picture squashed to a different ratio.

Comment

Allisin didn't look so hot when i saw her on the tv, compared to in a smaller video.

The music sounded a bit cheesy and some of the acting was very... unsubtle.

Comment

Originally posted by TheANIMAL (marcus)
                        Allisin didn't look so hot when i saw her on the tv, compared to in a smaller video.

The music sounded a bit cheesy and some of the acting was very... unsubtle.
                        I agree, Allison looked hotter in a 3x3, not that she didn't look well on TV. I think the small screen hides a lot of things and makes it look better. When big on TV you notice wee things that you didn't see before.

It feels more exciting to me watching it on the internet, while sciving off work, which I know is just stupid.
                        Last edited by BadaBingBadaBoomsday; 12-11-2008, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pesk
                          I'd love to see the whole proto-justice league appear at some stage. So far we have never seen the whole team (clark, green arrow, impulse, cyborg, aquaman, black canary, kara, martian manhunter, maybe chloe) working together, or even all appearing in the same episode. If there is a battle between all these heroes and villains, it'll be epic. You'd need to tell that story in a two-parter.
                          Hell Yeah! I'm glad I’m not the only one who can see the potential in this side story - an epic story such as this could very well end up being the final climax of the show. Though I don't really see Kara as part of Justice League in Smallville, but as you say it'll be cool to see everyone in one scene together - also Chloe's involvement in it would most likely be as the "watchtower" (Intel) as we seen her in "Justice".

Although we see Tess asking Betty to join her group and her assistant gets the shadow guy from this episode - I’m not totally convinced it's all her idea, or that she will actually take an active part in the group as there leader once fully formed.

Comment

Another strong episode for the S8 canon! Didn't top Committed for me, but still full of the good stuff that is making the season a success - even without Lois. It's a credit to ED and what she's done with the role that the episode feels like it's missing something when she's not around. I know the primary relationship focus in Prey was Clark and Chloe, but I missed the banter (plus the follow-up to the events of Committed). There was more of the Supermanly Clark Kent, although there is an obvious element of lightswitching going on, now that the Martian Manhunter has to tell him to rein in his Messiah complex! I know this is what a lot of viewers want to see from the character, but in some ways it doesn't feel like Smallville's Clark Kent. Is that a bad thing? I don't know.

I really liked the development of Davis' character (is it spoiling anybody to talk about his alter ego?) That scene in the hospital when Clark tried to challenge him really showed the character's menace. Sam Witter is very good at changing his expression from kind and good-natured to angered and threatening within a piece of dialogue, which suggested the unease and instability below the surface. I'm very much looking forward to how that all plays out (especially with Bride not far away).

psycosis and Pesk, I'm sure the "collecting" of meteor freaks will figure at some point by the end of the season. It has a slightly more comics feel to it than the 33.1 arc - Tess comes across as more devious and dastardly than Lex did when he was compiling an army to combat the threat of alien invasion. So there must be a reason for this change in tone.......is Lex behind it, or is the more sneaky Tess using Lex's intel to wreak some havoc? With Lex we always knew, however nefarious his plans, that he had the best interests of the human race at heart. What Tess seems to want to do (Injustice League or not) seems more "fun"! Whatever the reasons, both this and the Davis storyline point towards some very exciting episodes this season. It's good to be counting down the days between episodes again!

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Dance
                              There was more of the Supermanly Clark Kent, although there is an obvious element of lightswitching going on, now that the Martian Manhunter has to tell him to rein in his Messiah complex! I know this is what a lot of viewers want to see from the character, but in some ways it doesn't feel like Smallville's Clark Kent. Is that a bad thing? I don't know.

I really liked the development of Davis' character (is it spoiling anybody to talk about his alter ego?) That scene in the hospital when Clark tried to challenge him really showed the character's menace.

psycosis and Pesk, I'm sure the "collecting" of meteor freaks will figure at some point by the end of the season. It has a slightly more comics feel to it than the 33.1 arc - Tess comes across as more devious and dastardly than Lex did when he was compiling an army to combat the threat of alien invasion.
                              There would always be a difficult transaction from farmboy to superman - and with BDA syndrome still more than apparent (though Clark has matured and does seem more adult) I never really saw how he would naturally take to his mantel without some heavy pointing in the right direction, it's almost like he's been pressured into being this person everyone else wants him to be rather than what he knows to be the proper thing to do - but it's direction Smallville and Clark need to be going at this stage.

I also love Davis' character and he's quickly becoming my new favorite and filling that Lex shaped void - I think it's spoiling it to even say he has an alter-ego - but I will say "Bride" has to be one of a fave episodes EVER! (the episodes from now only get better and better) And I can’t wait to see how his character arc will conclude.

To me the “collecting” arc seems to be connected to the 33.1 arc - as a continuation of the efforts Lex was trying to achieve, you really think Tess is MORE devious? If so it’s only because the master plan for this arc was devised by Lex himself. In the mind of Tess she’s simply found out some of Lex’s plans and is continuing his “good work”, but I feel these are seeds left in purpose by Lex himself, I doubt we’ll ever see him (though for the sake of the show I hope I’m wrong) as he’s working behind the side-lines, but in some ways this makes him more dangerous than ever, as we have no idea of his true motives.
                              Last edited by psycosis; 12-14-2008, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎