No announcement yet.

Does Sylar have Hiro's power now?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Sylar have Hiro's power now?

It has always been a safety valve in my opinion that Sylar could not take Hiro's power without chopping the top of his head off, and he could blink away before that could happen. Now that Sylar has learned how to absorb powers just by being close, like Peter, does that mean that he can now teleport?

As a side note, it may be interesting that Arthur (who can teleport) has not travelled in time. This may be because he doesn't know he can, and I like the idea that Hiro himself (thanks to Kitty Pride in X-Men number whatever) is the only one who has realised that in terms of physics, moving in space and moving in time is the same thing. Peter only did it because he knew it was possible. Or it could be that Arthur knows he can but has chosen not to because he is wise enough to realise the inherent dangers of doing so.

Anyway, can Sylar now do what Hiro can do?

Pete takes them not knowing and I think Sylar needs to be aware and TAKE the power by touch like Daddy.

Comment

plus he wasn't in a very empathetic state when hiro showed up. I don't think he has it- I hope he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BaGz
        plus he wasn't in a very empathetic state when hiro showed up. I don't think he has it- I hope he doesn't.
        Yeah he must understand that power by understand his feeling to absorb that power with the emphacy but it was just a second when he was with Hiro and I think he dont have same emphacy as Peter

Comment

From what was set up, Sylar can only absorb powers by connecting to that person on an emotional level... a process that isn't very fast. Basically he'd need to sit down with someone and psycho-analyze them for an hour or so. The only way to get the power quickly is to cut the person's head open. Least that's how I took it... the way this show is though, that'll change soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by rocana
            From what was set up, Sylar can only absorb powers by connecting to that person on an emotional level... a process that isn't very fast. Basically he'd need to sit down with someone and psycho-analyze them for an hour or so. The only way to get the power quickly is to cut the person's head open. Least that's how I took it... the way this show is though, that'll change soon enough.
            That is a good point, and I think I will adopt it, change it slightly and then pretend it was mine to start with: namely that Peter shows empathy with EVERYONE because that is the kind of person he is, and how he can absorb powers without even realising it. Sylar acting the same way is apparently a rare occurrence, and so his brief contact with Hiro was not enough because he was not being a nice guy at the time. Make sense? if not then blame Rocana. If it does I take full credit. (sounds fair to me!)

Comment

I don't think Sylar would have much empathy for Hiro, since Hiro did run him through with a samurai sword. So no, I don't think Sylar has Hiro's power.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎