Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not buying Sylar's character "development" now ..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrettySiren
    I agree.

Also, I don't really think Elle is dead. That was just my gut reaction upon watching the episode. Something didn't seem...right. As it's already been pointed out, she didn't scream.

Aside of that, this is a show that kids are watching, and I'm sure the writers are conscious of that. And to have Sylar sleep with her, kiss her, and then kill her, all in one fell swoop? That's a bit much, really. A bit too graphic. I mean, murder is always sick, but to do that to someone you just had that connection with? And also, he lacked the motivation to really kill her. Yes, he doesn't trust anyone...but really? What was the point? Most people who kill their lovers do it out of jealousy -- fact. He wasn't jealous. Granted, Sylar isn't "most people", but all the same...it really doesn't make sense for him to kill her, no matter how sick in the head or confused he is.

Sylar and Elle are among my favorite characters, so if she is dead, I'm gonna be upset. And I really do think it's a step back for him, aside of being nonsensical. If Sylar was going to decide he's really a monster, it should've taken more time and also, there should've been something more meaningful to trigger it. I'm not saying that HRG was lying to Sylar, but it is something he would do to prey upon him. After all, Elle and his own wife pointed out HRG's a liar in this episode. Sylar is confused and vulnerable, but he's not stupid. And if it turns out that he REALLY believed HRG, then the writers are obviously telling us he's stupid, because he apparently believes EVERYTHING anyone ever says to him. Which I think we can all agree is beyond moronic and very poor writing.

Sylar killing elle makes perfect sense. You have to split Gabrielle Gray's personalities. Sylar is a hungry persona that can not be controlled when let loose. Sylar needs a system shock to bring Gabrielle back to the surface and allow his conscience to manifest again.

Elle was withholding information, even after he asked for it. Had she not lied to him from the get go he would have had no desire to kill her. He already had her power, he didn't 'need' anything else from her. Otherwise he would have just offed her as soon as he felt the hunger again.

Sylar is back, she has information and he knows how to get it. The same way that Peter was going to get the information from Nathan in the future. Same way Peter was going to get the truth from his mom when he came back FROM the future.

Stealing abilities isn't their only reason for cutting open heads.

As for BELIEVING HRG?

He doesn't have to believe something to desire to know the truth. He believes that Elle knows more than she is owning up to. That is all it takes for a well oilled killing machine like Sylar to let loose. Sylar is back. Fantastic.

Comment

And if it turns out that he REALLY believed HRG, then the writers are obviously telling us he's stupid, because he apparently believes EVERYTHING anyone ever says to him. Which I think we can all agree is beyond moronic and very poor writing.
      Agree. This is what bothers me about Sylar. His change of moods are always because something they say to him. His insecurities always taking the best out of him. Like when he killed his "mom" after she said that he was nothing.
      I don't know, someone here was comparing him with Magneto, but I can't help but think in Golum instead lol

Comment

Yeah if he trust man who creates the monster in him than he is more stupid than golum but golum wasnt as dangerous as sylar and I dont understand him either because Angela get him girl who had power to prove he is a Petrelli so why he is so naive to HRG company could wrote to files everything because Petrellis have allways big influence in company and they wanted to hide the fact that he is Petrelli

Comment

The way I see Sylar has the same problem has Nikki/Jessica had...his evil persona takes over his good side and he can't control himself anymore.His bad side doesn't reflex in a mirror,it's inside his mind,he doesn't when it's going to strike next.I think Angela with her mind control's ability helps him to control his hunger for a while and when he joint Arthur's camp,he was able to control by himself.Of course,when he had his powers back after the eclyps,his evil persona took over and he couldn't control himself anymore.

Comment

Well I didn't buy them turning Sylar "good" I see this as the writers righting a wrong or just revealing Sylar's true character is evil as should be. And also didn't buy Sylar's sudden change of paternity either. So I believe Noah is telling the truth and it seems Elle knew as well.

Comment

I just realized something as well. Look at the reaction Elle had when Arther gave Sylar his mission and Sylar referred to him as father for the first time in front of her. She defintely had the reaction of someone who knew something on that subject. So I think this is correct, Noah is right and Elle knew it all along.

Comment

Originally posted by Novak Fan
                Agree. This is what bothers me about Sylar. His change of moods are always because something they say to him. His insecurities always taking the best out of him. Like when he killed his "mom" after she said that he was nothing.
                I don't know, someone here was comparing him with Magneto, but I can't help but think in Golum instead lol
                To an extent, I think it's fine that he's insecure. I get that. Everyone is to a point. And someone like Sylar definitely would be, and it's fitting with his character. But the point I was trying to make is, they're having him literally believe everything someone tells him. Claire could tell him that, even though she is his niece, that she is destined to be the mother of his child. Wham, bam, thank you, ma'am, and Claire is preggers by Sylar. He seems to take whatever anyone says as gospel, as though he lacks the cognitive abilities to decide for himself what is true and what isn't. It's a bit strange and I get some people are gulible, but someone as intelligent as Sylar shouldn't be THAT gulible.

Comment

He seems to take whatever anyone says as gospel, as though he lacks the cognitive abilities to decide for himself what is true and what isn't. It's a bit strange and I get some people are gulible, but someone as intelligent as Sylar shouldn't be THAT gulible.

Yeah, mostly when his real ability, the one is just his, is to understand how things works and fix them! I mean, his behaviour is like a contradiction to that. The only reason i can think right now is that he's faking the whole I want to be a good guy

Comment

Sylar being gullible is poor writing. If it turns out that he knew who was telling the truth all along, and he was faking being gullible, then that's fine. But then still why would he kill Elle if he knew the truth. I think my first thought was the correct one... poor writing.

Comment

sylar said himself hes gonna be like hrg family man but hell do whatever it takes to get the job done. i think he killed elle because he knew she was dangerous he wanted normality and she insists on taking what she wants. i also reckon hes not gonna be one of the fugitives but a hunter for pinehurst next volume working for nathan doing same sort of job as noah did for pinehurst maybe even being part of the group of soldiers arthur told tracy to sort out. also angela said he didnt realise how special he was implicating something about his powers i get the feeling hell still be able to use them around the haitian

Comment

psychopaths aren't supposed to make sense, hence the term psychopath. Or more accurately Sycopath. Who says he won't lop off her scalp then using his healing ability bring her back, but then he already has her powers, so why would he.... the freakin writers are psychopaths damnit.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎