Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Arthur know how to cure Gabriel's hunger?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Arthur know how to cure Gabriel's hunger?

It seems like he knows EVERYTHING, what the heck?!?! It doesn't look like he has any other power other than telepathy prior to his temporary death? Even if he just got the powers from Peter, he can't possibly know the powers THAT well!

The good side to Gabriel is that he doesn't have to kill to get power but he's still turned out to be a bad guy in the future =)

Well, Peter/Sylar's abilities seem to be very similar now, maybe Arthur's is too, and he's been through the hunger before.

Maybe Arthur's power-theft ability is just Peter's evolved, and he can choose to steal the power instead of just absorbing it, but he has to have physical contact. And when was he a bad guy in the future? He was fighting the hunger, (which now makes no sense that he's pretty much cured himself of it by finding out he can just be empathetic) the explosion wasn't his fault, he lost control of his power.

Comment

maybe they all have the exact same power...

Comment

so if they all have the exact same power, how come peter didn't have crazy hunger before he took sylar's power in the future? and before, sylars power was intuitive aptitude, and they just added empath to the list out of nowhere? eh, i guess we just have to play along.

Comment

Maybe arthur has been watching Sylar all this time. he knew that he was his son and I doubt Arthur would let any opportunities pass by.

Comment

Originally posted by JBW157
            so if they all have the exact same power, how come peter didn't have crazy hunger before he took sylar's power in the future? and before, sylars power was intuitive aptitude, and they just added empath to the list out of nowhere? eh, i guess we just have to play along.
            The simplist answer is the easiest

Arthur is the epitome of awesome

Sylar knows how every thing works but never touched his emotions

Peter works only through emotion and is an idiot so doesn't have a clue how ANYTHING works.

Once Peter gets back in touch with emotions he can even out the hunger, once Sylar learns to touch his emotions he can even out the hunger. I doubt it will ever go away and I don't think he has cured it by any means, but there is a balance.

Arthur has found it. When he feels the hunger he takes someones powers, otherwise he doesn't need to. Also if they all have the same power? Arthur only needs to touch to steal permanantly.

Comment

Have a read on what was said on a thread i made

Originally posted by JW_102792
              Yeah, it makes sense. Maybe not necessarily the environment part, but the same power completely makes sense, based on their attitude maybe.

Peter wanted to be special, wanted to help people, so he ended up with a power that gives him a ton of powers.

Sylar wanted to be special so bad it became an obsession, and it gave him a hunger to be special so much that he ended up taking powers by force. Now he's learning to do it the same way Peter does.

And Arthur, he wants powers because he's greedy (Thats how it seems anyways) so he completely removes the power from the person so he's better than them.

EDIT: Actually, the environment part might make a lot of sense. Maybe Sylar got his power the way it was because his mom supposedly tried to drown him, so one of the first things he knew was violence, so his power works by violence. Then maybe they can all do it the other ways if they want, they just have to learn. (Explaining his violence-empathy change)

Comment

i like your explanation, but there is still so much that doesnt make sense too me

for one, if Sylar can now take the power without violence, which still satisfies his hunger... then why was he worried about giving his power to Peter? why when we saw him in the future did it seem like every day was still a struggle not too let it control him?

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                  i like your explanation, but there is still so much that doesnt make sense too me

for one, if Sylar can now take the power without violence, which still satisfies his hunger... then why was he worried about giving his power to Peter? why when we saw him in the future did it seem like every day was still a struggle not too let it control him?
                  In the alternate future, Arthur was never probably never revealed to be alive. The 'villain's who were with Arthur, before Peter rambo'd in would probably be the only ones to know his existence.

If it wasn't for Peter mindlessly getting captured, Sylar probably would've never met Arthur.

I'm assuming all this of course.

Comment

What sil3nt said. If Peter never had Sylar's hunger, he never would've done most of the things he did, including going to see Arthur. So, Sylar would've never gone to rescue him, and would've never met Arthur to learn the new part of his power, and would still be fighting the hunger in the future.

Comment

I doubt Sylar's hunger is under control. That isn't something they can turn off over night. I bet the future sylar knew it would take years for Peter to get it under control which is why he never taught peter the inuitive thing in the future.

Comment

Maybe he is trying to control the hunger because absolute power corrupts absolutly.

Comment

I think future Sylar didnt know about his emphaty so he still have hunger like good old Evil Sylar

Maybe Arthur know about curing Sylar because when he absorbed Peters powers he understand how thinks work and how to stop the hunger

Comment

Sylar should not lose the hunger. It keeps his character more interesting, to know that there is a constant battle going on within. If he was 100% good, then it would be boring. But knowing that he still has the hunger means he can lose it just like that.

Comment

who knows maybe hunger is not realy gone

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎