Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liked it? Hated it? What did you think of this episode?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was good but not great. More time paradox is never a good thing.

I thought they should have called it "Consequences". Why did Ellison give Cromartie to Weaver? Because Sarah didnt bring him into the group. He is desperate to do something to stop judgment day now and to make all his sacrifices mean something. He sees himself as Job from the Bible story referenced in a previous episode. If Sarah had brought him into the group and given him a purpose (and I get why she didnt) he wouldnt be seeking his own path.

The other big thing is where Jessie's loyalty lies and whether Derek really did change something. A cynic would say that Jessie killed the older Fischer to protect the younger, keeping the older ones timeline and treachery in tact. Perhaps that was part of the reason Jessie was sent back. Personally I think the younger Fischer should have been skinned alive (couldnt resist). Derek could have lost his memory of Fischer as part of what was done to him in the basement. Dereks whole relationship with Jessie could have been planted in his mind so he would trust her. I dont believe Fischer was in the basement, but maybe Jessie was.

Dont know why everyone is down on John. I like season 2 John much more than wimpy John of season 1. He is only 16 after all.

The time thing still really bugs me. So Fischer went to jail for planting the backdoor which put him in prison at the time of the attack which made it possible for the machines to make him help them which allowed them to send him back in time to plant the backdoor which caused him to go to prison ... blah blah blah! Now theres a big bunch of consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by kernel_thai
      The other big thing is where Jessie's loyalty lies and whether Derek really did change something. A cynic would say that Jessie killed the older Fischer to protect the younger, keeping the older ones timeline and treachery in tact. Perhaps that was part of the reason Jessie was sent back. Personally I think the younger Fischer should have been skinned alive (couldnt resist). Derek could have lost his memory of Fischer as part of what was done to him in the basement. Dereks whole relationship with Jessie could have been planted in his mind so he would trust her. I dont believe Fischer was in the basement, but maybe Jessie was.
      Very interesting! I think you may be really on to something here (you might very well have nailed everything in this one post). I don't think Derek changed anything. I never considered the possibility of his relationship with Jessie being an implanted memory at all though, awesome idea. I hope that Derek's experience with Andy Goode in the future was also a mind-job, otherwise it wouldn't add up with the classic Terminator story--in that, how can Andy be alive in the future if Derek kills him in the past. Terminator is supposed to be about time travel only fulfilling the past, not changing it---the past and future are inextricably tied together as one.
      Last edited by Xanderman; 11-18-2008, 12:43 PM.

Comment

...Why did Ellison give Cromartie to Weaver? Because Sarah didnt bring him into the group. He is desperate to do something to stop judgment day now and to make all his sacrifices mean something. He sees himself as Job from the Bible story referenced in a previous episode. If Sarah had brought him into the group and given him a purpose (and I get why she didnt) he wouldnt be seeking his own path.
        I don't get why she didn't.

Comment

Maybe she thought he would be safer away from them.

Comment

I wasn't too happy with this episode. It was good but this dreams of Sarah was just time wasting. What purpose does it fill?

Yeah, they should have shot the young one, even though his older version has already screwed with the computer systems. At least his actions would not have been repeated.

On the other hand, I feel that in the Terminator universe JD is inevitable, it can only be delayed or certain aspects of it changed, but it will happen, doesn't matter what the Connors does.

Come to think of it, the code that the older Fischer uploaded on the government/military network guarantees JD. The reason I say that is because it is a code that they cannot remove, and by the sound of it, it could replicate it over all networks and as such the seed of Skynet is planted. Now, once the Turk has evolved more and it eventually gets in contact with any external networks by whatever means and thus eventually unites with that code Fisher uploaded, we can pretty much kiss our arses goodbye. Hell, maybe at some point Weaver markets the Turk as some sort of super malware removal program, the government gcannot get rid of Fischer's code, take the contract and then it's also hasta la vista human race...

Comment

This is starting to get bad. It seems no matter what the humans do they can't stop Skynet. Sarah, John, Cameron, and Derek singal handedly screwed humanity. As good as the episode was there were some problems. How did Ellison move Cromarties body, in history we learned they are really heavy. What is the purpose of the 3 dotes besides the obvious nod to Brainiac. The preview indicats more of the same.

Comment

9/10
                The episode, while kinda slower than usual, was fascinating.

Comment

I gave it a 4, nothing really happened for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob
                    ...On the other hand, I feel that in the Terminator universe JD is inevitable, it can only be delayed or certain aspects of it changed, but it will happen, doesn't matter what the Connors does.

Come to think of it, the code that the older Fischer uploaded on the government/military network guarantees JD. The reason I say that is because it is a code that they cannot remove, and by the sound of it, it could replicate it over all networks and as such the seed of Skynet is planted. Now, once the Turk has evolved more and it eventually gets in contact with any external networks by whatever means and thus eventually unites with that code Fisher uploaded, we can pretty much kiss our arses goodbye. Hell, maybe at some point Weaver markets the Turk as some sort of super malware removal program, the government cannot get rid of Fischer's code, take the contract and then it's also hasta la vista human race...
                    If the government cannot get rid of Fischer's code, then presumably do the main-frame equivalent of Format C to wipe all programs and reload the original uncontaminated programs. Over a nice long QUIET weekend.

Going by the timelines in the movies, JD can certainly be delayed. In T1 and T2, JD was in 1997, and in T3 2001. I think the timeline in TSCC is 2008 and no JD as of yet. The thing to do is to keep delaying JD until the sun goes nova.

Comment

Originally posted by baldy46
                      If the government cannot get rid of Fischer's code, then presumably do the main-frame equivalent of Format C to wipe all programs and reload the original uncontaminated programs. Over a nice long QUIET weekend.

Going by the timelines in the movies, JD can certainly be delayed. In T1 and T2, JD was in 1997, and in T3 2001. I think the timeline in TSCC is 2008 and no JD as of yet. The thing to do is to keep delaying JD until the sun goes nova.
                      If it spread throughout the whole military Network it would be impossible to purge it. If u tried to get rid of one Main frame at at time ud have to segregate sections of the net as u went to stop it roving back in from contaminated systems. They have to completely shut down the entire military network to irradicate it which might be just as dangerous as leaving it in there.

The obvious question is how did he hack into this network. Even if the machines taught him what to do hed prolly still have to be a genius to do it. Its not like he could have brought the software back from the future with him. He had to remember the code that he uploaded. Unless u believe the military gave joe blow from SRF any sortta of clearence beyond what he needed to do his maintenance. Young Fischer didnt strike me as much of a genius.

Comment

Derek could have lost his memory of Fischer as part of what was done to him in the basement. Dereks whole relationship with Jessie could have been planted in his mind so he would trust her. I dont believe Fischer was in the basement, but maybe Jessie was.
                        While I do like and agree with this line of thinking, I do have a problem--why would they go through all this trouble? Why not just directly program Derek to kill John if they're capable of this level of brainwashing? Unless this isn't about getting rid of John at all? Was that house/basement Derek was held in that ep last year under Skynet's control/command? Or something/someone else with a whole different agenda?

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                          While I do like and agree with this line of thinking, I do have a problem--why would they go through all this trouble? Why not just directly program Derek to kill John if they're capable of this level of brainwashing? Unless this isn't about getting rid of John at all? Was that house/basement Derek was held in that ep last year under Skynet's control/command? Or something/someone else with a whole different agenda?
                          When I originally saw the show I thought it was under John's control. It was because the Skynet flier kept flying over the house and checking it out. I also wondered why Skynet didnt have a facility for this type of thing instead some old house out among the ruins. Then, right after he was let go John immediately send him back in time on his mission. U think he would have been a little wary of someone who had just been held for days by Skynet then released.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎