Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe: Best Character Analysis to date on Smallville?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chloe: Best Character Analysis to date on Smallville?

This episode, and AM's decision to approach the effect of losing 4 yrs of experiences surrounding Clark's secret has proven to me that all actions prior to this episode this season were absolutely 100% Chloe.

The producers purposefully threw out the question: Who is in control of Chloe's actions? to get the audience involved in the character analysis they themselves set out to dissect. All of Chloe's past experiences came to a clear growth spurt at season 8 premiere and remained so throughout ep 8. They purposefully chose Chloe displaying questionable moral actions earlier this season to clearly demonstrate exactly who Chloe was, what her set of beliefs were, and how they had changed from past seasons as she matured into a self possessed, confident woman with a sense of purpose and inherent moral obligation toward sacrificing anyone--who display's vengence or threat against the World's Hero.

As all of her experiences that caused that growth were clearly demonstrated to be linked with the knowledge of Clark's secret and the power that had in her maturity and life experience. With those experiences erased, the character no longer reflected the fully-grown, mature, confident Chloe we'd seen this season. Instead, she was suddenly care-free, happy, and innocent. The actress chose to play Chloe as a purely good person without the vindication and self-confidence that comes with self-knowledge that she's obtained as an indirect result of knowing Clark's secret.

Now compare this to Lana's behavior after learning Clark's secret and you can clearly see the difference in the moral quality between the two characters.

I don't know, I'm in a franetic analysis mode. All I can say is, I really enjoy what the writers did this season. IT'S BRAIN CANDY!!!

Thanks PS3.

Clearly the writers, producers, and actress knew the answer and delivered based upon their interpretation.

I for one have enjoyed the hell out of it and the attention paid to Chloe and her character this season.

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

(NOTE: I posted my thoughts on another thread, and realized I articulated my point much better there, so I copy and pasted that post over my intial one here. Sorry for those early responders, but it's essentially the same through line with more clear grammer.)
    Ambitious, thought provoking, and incredibly well acted.
    0%
    I enjoy Chloe's story very much this season, but the character analysis angle is a stretch.
    0%
    Brainiacs influence is to vague to vote a hands down great character analysis
    0%
    Terrible: They've destroyed the character as opposed to successfully disecting it.
    0%

I think AM did a great job.

Comment

Oh yeah, I guess I should clarify. Not asking to rate my character analysis, but your opinion of the effort and success of the writers to clearly demonstrate a compactful CHLOE analysis and present it to viewers in a way that gets them involved in analyzing the character themselves.

Comment

No, the actions prior to this episode were very much increasingly affected by Brainiac.

Comment

The prove is that the forums are more active than ever and fans are going crazy about what is happening. I don't remember such deep and thorough analysis from the fans before. Just another proof of how brilliant this season is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
            The prove is that the forums are more active than ever and fans are going crazy about what is happening. I don't remember such deep and thorough analysis from the fans before. Just another proof of how brilliant this season is.
            Hopefully the frenzy doesn't get to PS3 and TBTB's head, because if it does then we all know there's a screw up processing.

Comment

In this episode they did a fantastic job but over the season we have had a spanner thrown into the works of the Chloe character.

The fact that anyone has to make their own minds up whether Chloe has been in control of her thoughts and actions (instead of people just taking it for granted that she's 100% Chloe) means that we as the audience have not been shown, clear cut, how great or otherwise Chloe is.

And i dont think there is enough time now to rectify this because Brainiac may always be a part of her life, we just don't know if she has a stain on her character or not.

Comment

I thought Allison Mack did a good job as this episode really got into the Chloe character.

Comment

What I don't understand about the DC writer and where to shove Chloe....making her the cousin of someone who was in Smallville. Just doesn't feel right. How about they keep the whole Chloe ran the torch and was personally responsible for Lois' love of journalism? Which is how it went down anyway.

Just my opinion on DC Comics and Chloe. You did a great job

Comment

I didn't mind Chloe being Lois' cousin. I did have a problem with Tess being a Luthor though.

As for Chloe in S8. Personnally I found her and her arc really good although I can understand her fans can see it as character killing stuff. To me this was a first season in a long time that Chloe felt like a real character and not just someone giving exposition.
                    Last edited by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow; 07-15-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                      I did have a problem with Tess being a Luthor though.
                      Why? I thought she fit quite well into the family. Better than Lucas and even better than Grant. Idealistic but with a dark streak regarding methods and means. A survivor but willing to take personal risks for the sake of the world. It also explained why Lex chose her as CEO of Luthorcorp.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎