This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's cool..where does one get this? lol

Comment

Is it sad that this is one of the threads I look forward to the most? No? Okay, then

Average screentime per ep:

Season 8:

Clark- 20m, 20s (9)
      Chloe- 13m, 55s (9)
      Lois- 12m, 40s (7)
      Jimmy- 9m, 37s (6)
      Tess- 7m, 48s (7)
      Davis- 8m, 45s (5)
      Oliver- 10m, 48s (5)

Season 7:

Clark- 15m, 55s (9)
      Lex- 6m, 55s (9)
      Lana- 7m, 22s (9)
      Chloe- 9m, 6s (9)
      Lois- 8m, 39s (6)
      Kara- 12m, 31s (6)
      Jimmy- 7m, 39s (4)
      Lionel- 3m, 40s (5)

Season 6:

Clark- 15m, 54s (9)
      Lex- 11m, 7s (9)
      Lana- 9m, 18s (9)
      Chloe- 8m, 26s (9)
      Lois- 8m, 32s (6)
      Oliver- 13m, 7s (5)

Comment

I don't mind different Character Centric episodes every now and then. This show IS about Clark but it can't be about him every minute of every episode. His screentime still averages higher than the others, so that's pretty solid.

So far we have had:

Oliver/Toxic
        Kara/Bloodline
        Jimmy/Identity
        Prey/Davis
        JLA/Odyssey
        Chloe/Abyss
        Lois/Committed

Both Plastique and Instinct had Clark as a major focal point. And Clark was involved in the A Story of:

Odyssey
        Instinct
        Committed
        Prey
        Identity
        Bloodline

and Abyss to a certain extent.

That really isn't bad. Clark gets a far stronger focus than anyone else. This is where season six really suffered. I prefer Ollie to Lexana, but still...

All things considered, Clark still remains the only character in every episode and Tom has lines in every episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
          hate to say I told you so but remember the moaning about Ollie's episode 'Toxic' I said Abyss would be Chloe's. I wonder where Lois' will be? Infamous? Perhaps she goes head to head with Linda Lake?
          Committed and Bloodline. I know one of those episodes had Lois having more time than Clark.

Comment

Committed and Bloodline. I know one of those episodes had Lois having more time than Clark.
            Committed did, by about 2m. Its hard to say Bloodline was Lois-centric, even though there was a lot of ED, because she was mindwhammied for almost 9m of it.

All things considered, Clark still remains the only character in every episode
            I believe Chloe will also be in every episode, which has been the case for the last few seasons as well. The last time Chloe missed an episode was S4.

Is it sad that this is one of the threads I look forward to the most? No?
            Well, I don't think so And good work, as always.

that's cool..where does one get this?
            Rewatching the episode on my computer, and taking down the numbers.

My you're on top of things, BT!
            I do try Even though I was very tempted to just blow this one off for storyline related reasons.

Comment

^Well, I'm glad you didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                Actually, not really. Going by last years numbers, the episodes have gotten a bit more consistent in length, and bit longer overall. Last season had several eps that didn't even clock in at 40m (6, in fact).. S6 also had a few at less then 40m. So far, this season, all the eps have basically been in the just under 42m range.
                Why do they have to have episodes that are too short? Actually, looking at the "Deleted Scenes" in the Season Seven DVD, there were some deleted scenes that really would have made a difference if they had aired.

I'm speaking specifically of the one where Clark gets frozen in the Fortress of Solitude, and Jor-El explains that he's going to keep Clark frozen until all his friends and family die of old age, because Clark is too invested in them to fulfill his destiny. Of course, Bizarro comes in the next episode, so Jor-El has to thaw Clark out....

Certainly they could have jammed this one in the episode somehow, or taken out some other crap that was less important.

One of the reasons I liked Season Seven the least of any season....

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen One
                  29 minutes.. wow.

When Oliver got 24 minutes in Toxic I thought the producers learned their lesson. But Abyss was even worst.

I'm kind of glad that the rating bit them in the butt this time.
                  I agree.

Comment

BadToad you're the bestest = ) .
                    .. chloe got a lot of screentime .
                    it wasn't too good for me ,
                    but hey ! , i'm glad she got a interesting storyline . ( y )
                    - and her screentime was worth it . ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Iolanthe
                      Why do they have to have episodes that are too short? Actually, looking at the "Deleted Scenes" in the Season Seven DVD, there were some deleted scenes that really would have made a difference if they had aired.
                      Many of those deleted scenes explained what was happening more clearly than what was shown on screen, but a lot of them were very dull.

Thanks for the minutes. I'm glad Chloe got quality drama out of her time in the spotlight.

Comment

thanks for this

Comment

thanks BadToad!!

Comment

Great work again, BadToad. Thanks a lot for these.

Congrats to Chloe for the 29 minutes. I hope, like Oliver, this is the only episode where she dominates screen time. More Clark next time, k.

Comment

I think it is important to give some screen time to other characters...if they don't give us a reason to care about the others in Clark's life it really weaken's his stories and makes his growth less interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎