TV Ratings For Abyss

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.38? It did drop alot from last week. Hopefully it stays above 4 million though.

I knew it wouldn't do that well in ratings because my brother just started watching Smallville this season and he wasn't looking forward to a Chloe based epsiode. He already called it a filler when he watched the preview last week. He was wrong and really liked the epsiode but the initial thought was that it was an epsiode to be missed.

Next week should see a boost in the ratings though. I know me and my bro were pumped to see the preview

Comment

4.38 that's not including ny area is it?

Comment

No the ratings did drop. But for a legit reason. To say its fading without pointing out that fact is what's aggravating. It just leaves it up to the forum to make assumptions.." Oh SV fading...well that show sucked anyways...HAHAHA".

Comment

I was under the impression 4.38 is without NY since they already knew.

Comment

Originally posted by slimdogg23
            4.38 that's not including ny area is it?
            Actually I think it is including NY. That's why there's an expected drop when the final ratings come in. May be wrong though.

Comment

4.38 mil. is the Overnights. With a huge market showing football, the Final will have a significant drop. Hope it stays above 4 mil. We should get the Finals in a few hours.

"Fading Smallville"? Come on now! Mark Berman has no love for Smallville, but Craig/KryptonSite does post there to defend SV. Yay, Craig!
              Last edited by SparkleforSmallville; 11-14-2008, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LexFactor
                Actually I think it is including NY. That's why there's an expected drop when the final ratings come in. May be wrong though.
                I hope so it was a great eppy.

Comment

i think he is comparing it with the numbers of last year, thats why he is saying it.
                  i dont see it as a personal attack against smallville

Comment

You know, tbh, all i'm concerned about now is Bride.
                    I want that to do SO well.

Comment

Originally posted by john100
                      i think he is comparing it with the numbers of last year, thats why he is saying it.
                      I understand your reasoning, however, most Networks have lower ratings this year, but MB doesn't use negative adjectives for them. He just reports the facts. To me it seems he consistently derides SV.

We'll see what he says, when the ratings from last year start being below this year.

I just have to defend Smallville

Comment

I just want to mention that Smallville was not pre-empted in Boston, the football game was on ABC in that area. Thus the drop won't be as big as one would have expected if the show was pre-empted in both areas.

Comment

I knew it wouldn't do that well in ratings because my brother just started watching Smallville this season and he wasn't looking forward to a Chloe based epsiode. He already called it a filler when he watched the preview last week. He was wrong and really liked the epsiode but the initial thought was that it was an epsiode to be missed.
                          Yeah, that happens sometimes with single character centric episodes. Lex-centric eps used to drop like a stone in the ratings and the Ollie-centric ep was lower rated than the rest this year. But they did miss an interesting ep and some awesome special FX.

I was under the impression 4.38 is without NY since they already knew.
                          I'll look on the bright side and say that's possible since NY is the biggest market and maybe it was left out ahead of time, but usually that's not the case. I'm surprised if the game is factored in it did so poorly. It was an intense game And Supernatural had higher than normal ratings and so it does sound like the game was a factor there.

That's no doubt true, but last year around this time (Nov 15) was Blue, which got 4.51 million. I was kind of hoping Abyss would match or surpass that, but if it couldn't do that even with the false football number boost, who knows. I'm hoping Bride will show a big bounce back, but they really better promote the hell out of it.

Comment

Next week should see a boost in the ratings though. I know me and my bro were pumped to see the preview
                            I saw Chloe and Jimmy dancing in the preview and I thought it would be bad. The CW made a bad trailer which made it look like filler . Clark in the FOS and all the Doomsday/Brainiac plot development in the episode was important. They didn't include Chlark or Chloom together in the trailer and they were a big part of the episode.

Comment

The likelihood is the 4.38 drops significantly.

A big note: the New York Jets vs. New England Patriots game is inflating the CW’s numbers. The game aired on the CW affiliate in New York (in Boston, I think it aired on ABC and those shows are less prone to be severely impacted, but it could be that Life on Mars received a boost due to this — all of that will be adjusted in the final numbers we post on a weekly basis).
                              Source: TV by the Numbers

Note to TPTB? Clark needs to be front and center in your trailers.

Comment

Just so I understand this all: The overnights are the ratings for whoever was watching the CW and then they will filter out the markets that were watching football on the CW instead of Smallville on the CW? And then do they add back in the numbers for the Saturday night 6pm airing of Smallville in those markets?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Why would Smallville drop so much? I am assuming people wanted to see the return of Kara, or perhaps Clois/Lois is a big draw this season?
                                Last edited by stenochick; 11-14-2008, 12:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎