This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Ratings For Abyss

Ratings

i could see it breaking the 5 million mark overnight but final numbers near 4.50 million viewers

Comment

Some stupid football game will be airing tonight(NYC area) rather than Smallville. How much will that affect ratings?

Comment

I'm guessing the game will also be on in the Boston area so that might knock the ratings down a little also..

Comment

I really hope the rating don't take a wrong turn down hill because of the football game or because of NO Lois.

Comment

Both the New York area (a huge portion of the ratings come from there) and parts of New England (including the Boston area) will be pre-empted tonight. With both New York and Boston out as far as viewership, I think the ratings will take a tumble. NY and Boston are huge media markets. The ratings will hurt due to the preemptions in two major media markets.

Comment

I'm really not that optimistic regarding tonight's ratings. Not only will "Abyss" be preempted in major markets, but the trailer showed little Clark and the online clip showed NO Clark, and that's not good.

Two good things are that it's following a good and well-received episode, and it seems like "Abyss" will advance some of S8's big plots.

I'm hoping for at least 4.25 million viewers, but I'm expecting more like 4.10 million.

Regardless, the FNs are going to be very high due to football.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Here's how "Bloodline" ranked in total viewership on CW for the week of 11/3-11/9.

1. Smallville 4.46 million viewers
              2. America's Next Top Model 3.82
              3. Supernatural 3.24
              4. Gossip Girl 3.16
              5. One Tree Hill 3.02
              6. 90210 2.95
              7. Priviliged 1.85
              8. Stylista 1.82
              9. Everybody Hates Chris 1.75
              10. The Game 1.67
              11. ANTM (R) 1.53
              12. In Harm's Way (R) 0.69
              13. Valentine (R) 0.63
              14. Easy Money (R) 0.49

----- Added 17 Minutes later -----

Here are the season averages in total viewership for shows on the CW:

1. Smallville (8 episodes) 4.23
              2. America's Next Top Model (10) 3.99
              3. Supernatural (8) 3.36
              4. One Tree Hill (9) 3.32
              t. 90210 (9) 3.32
              6. Gossip Girl (9) 3.30
              7. Priviliged (8) 2.03
              8. Stylista (3) 1.98
              9. Everybody Hates Chris (6) 1.74
              10. The Game (6) 1.71

You know, it's pretty bad for a net when its most watched show is also its oldest.
              Last edited by ClarkyBoy14; 11-13-2008, 04:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I don't know whether to guess high and maybe be disappointed, or to guess low and be happy I'm so indecisive:/
                How about 4.15 mil.
                Let's just stay above 4 mil. and I'll be happy!

Comment

hmmm I'm going to say it drops a little because of the football game, I'll go with 4.4

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Orange NY
                    hmmm I'm going to say it drops a little because of the football game, I'll go with 4.4
                    What football game?

Comment

Ratings will probably drop, because of that Football game...

Comment

New York one of the biggest markets without Smallville? The rating drops tremendously.

Comment

I am no expert when it comes to ratings in the US.In Greece we have a different system.So all i have to say is that i hope Abyss stays over 4mil.It wasn't as good as Bloodline and it didn't have Lois,so 4mil will be a success.However after that Bride trailer i am expecting a huge ratings spike for that one.

Comment

Damn football, damn it all to hell.

Comment

thats what you get with No lois and a football game

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎