Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screentime Minutes for Bloodline

Wow, these surprised me a bit. I decided I'd bold the name and screentime of the character with the most time.

Running Time, 41m, 45s ("previously on SV" was 44s)

Clark 20m, 26s
    Chloe 9m, 33s
    Lois 19m, 16s (she was possesed by Faora for 8m, 51s of that)
    Tess 6m, 29s
    Davis 5m, 52s
    Oliver 5m, 26s

Kara 10m, 40s

Year to Date (# of eps)

Clark 162m, 3s (8)
    Chloe 95m, 26s (8)
    Lois 88m, 42s (7)
    Jimmy 45m, 35s (5)
    Tess 54m, 36s (7)
    Davis 35m, 39s (4)
    Oliver 53m, 57s (5)

Until next week

Thanks for the screentime results! I'm loving that Clark has nearly double the minutes of everyone else this year. I think PS3 is getting things right in that respect.

Comment

As always thanks, BT!

I'm all for Lois getting a decent about of screen time but this should have been Kara's episode, Clark and Kara's I mean.

The new PTB seem to love themselves some Lois. According to my calculations (based on your totals, of course ) eight minutes in her next episode -- only half way through the season -- would put her at her season seven screen time total.
      Last edited by jwm; 11-07-2008, 09:17 PM.

Comment

as always,,, thanks for this...

Comment

lois time is looking better and better each epi she is in.

Comment

The new PTB seem to love themselves some Lois. According to my calculations (based on your totals, of course ) eight minutes in her next episode -- only half way through the season -- would put her at her season seven screen time total.
            Hey, thats what the data is there for.

I think there might be a little bit of "playing catch-up" when it comes to Lois, in that they feel like she hasn't been used very well for the last 2 seasons (I'd agree), and so they're trying to move her story forward. No way to do that without her on screen. Then the other problem is her not being around fulltime. Actually, from Odyssey to Instinct, Lois had less screentime then Tess and Oliver. This episode and Committed were very big eps for her.
            Last edited by BadToad; 11-07-2008, 11:47 PM.

Comment

You do such a great job of this, thanks! It's interesting to me that episodes are closer to 40 minutes, almost a third goes to commercials....

Comment

Yay, new numbers to play with . Many thanks!

Average screentime per ep:

Season 8:

Clark- 20m, 15s (8)
                Chloe- 11m, 55s (8)
                Lois- 12m, 40s (7)
                Jimmy- 9m, 7s (5)
                Tess- 7m, 48s (7)
                Davis- 8m, 55s (4)
                Oliver- 10m, 48s (5)

Season 7:

Clark- 17m, 54s (8)
                Lex- 6m, 45s (8)
                Lana- 7m, 15s (8)
                Chloe- 8m, 33s (8)
                Lois- 6m, 46s (5)
                Kara- 12m, 31s (6)
                Jimmy- 7m, 28s (3)
                Lionel- 3m, 40s (5)

Season 6:

Clark- 15m, 8s (8)
                Lex- 11m, 42s (8)
                Lana- 9m, 48s (8)
                Chloe- 8m, 24s (8)
                Lois- 8m, 32s (6)
                Oliver- 13m, 7s (5)

Looks like Lois has taken over the lead for 2nd place, with almost double screentime from last season. I have a feeling that Chloe will pass her next week, though.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentChaos
                  Looks like Lois has taken over the lead for 2nd place, with almost double screentime from last season. I have a feeling that Chloe will pass her next week, though.
                  Ya Lois is really close to taking over 2nd place! Closer then she's ever been, but Chloe will definately surpass her next week! Plus Lois won't be in 3 of the next 4 episodes and Chloe is in all of them with a huge part in most so Chloe will most likely stay solidly in the lead for the rest of the season.

Sucks for the Lois fans, sorry guys.
                  I'm happy though since Chloe is my fave!

Comment

I'm so dissapointed that Lois isn't in the next few episode except for Bride but i am glad that is getting so much screentime this season, she deserves it.

Comment

Thanks, BT!

I'm glad that TW and ED had so much screen time.

I've noticed that they've been doing a lot more recaps this season. I guess it has to do with the better continuity.

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for tallying that up!

Lewis

Comment

That is so cool AC. I'm great with the totals, but I totally suck at averaging. We make a good tag-team

Comment

Not bad.

Comment

This may just be my opinion, but i don't think we could take an "average" per episode and call it even. Usually, if a character is not in all episode (like Lois) then the episode that they are in, the writers use that character as much as they can. They usually use the characters more efficiently when they aren't in every episode, just like Lois. The episodes that she is in, she usually has a part that has to do with the story, that way the episodes where she wouldn't have a story, they don't just use her as a filler. This isn't always the case, but thats why i think an "average" would really be right in terms of who's in second or last or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎