No announcement yet.

"No one's gonna mess with Lois and Clark"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DontCha
    Nope..she was inhabited by a dead cheerleader...I cant see how its possibly alike apart from possesion which has happened COUNTLESS times on the show with other characters like Lex etc etc..
    Ah, thanks for clarifying. I wondered, but I get it now!
    Last edited by Jade4813; 11-08-2008, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade4813
      I don't remember that.

Did Clark say "Nobody's going to mess with Chloe and Clark" in Spell? All I remember about that episode is Clark stepping over everyone to get to Lana, truth be told. (Hey, it was pretty funny, when you think about it.)

he also punched chloe in the face full throttle and I have to say I'm shocked that she remained conscious...and didnt break anything..

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Kalista
      IA Clark trying to appeal to Chloe's cousin through Faora. Faora telling Clark that he has feelings for the body she inhabits.

Yes, copy cat to the extreme indeed.
      chloe is a "rip off" of brainiac by the logic of "stealing scenes"..but you missed my point and sarcasm.

so you think only Lois Lane's shadow sorry chloe deserves to be appealed to by clark? too bad the cheerlear didnt say "you have feelings for this body i inhabit" because he didnt.

just friends of course. cheerleader knew what was what when it comes to Clark and Chloe.
      Last edited by DontCha; 11-08-2008, 06:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

he also punched chloe in the face full throttle and I have to say I'm shocked that she remained conscious...and didnt break anything..
        Really!?! I didn't remember that!

Oh...wait...was that when he gave that line that had me in stitches about the crown? Because that was a great line!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Wait...cheerleader...wasn't that "Spirit"? "Spell" was Lois, Chloe, and Lana being possessed by witches so Lana could get the stones of power and...speak in latin. Right?
        Last edited by Jade4813; 11-08-2008, 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

yep, he punched her in the face and she flew right across the room and he didnt show any particular care for doing so after he'd come back. Lana was all that was on his mind that day.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

yeah wait what one are we talking about here? ah yes spell

well that was NOTHING like Bloodline because a witch is not a phantom, everything is entierly different

and again witchy didnt say "you have feelings for this body I inhabit" in that scene where he appeals to her because he didnt, witchy knew what was what when it comes to clark and chloe..he has no feelings for her he sees her as just a friend.

I also took that scene in Spell as him trying to save his own skin by appealing to chloe, it was not because he was worried about her or cared about her, he just wanted chloe to snap out of it so she could help him, which is what she's always been, his sidekick. nothing more

with Lois, she was no direct threat to HIM in the moment he appealed to her, he said it was his fault and that he was sorry, it tore him apart to see it happening to her which then prompts what faora says about hsi feeligs for her

nothing like what he said to chloe..it wasnt even said in the same context
          Last edited by DontCha; 11-08-2008, 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Wait, I thought the Dawn girl possessing Lois's cousin possessed Clark and then using Clark's body she sent Lois's cousin flying.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
              IA Clark trying to appeal to Chloe's cousin through Faora. Faora telling Clark that he has feelings for the body she inhabits.

Yes, copy cat to the extreme indeed.
              I don't really see what is wrong with some slight parallels between previous scenes and those in Bloodline.

The way I see it, when Lana/Isobel told Clark that she knew that he had "desires for the body she inhabits," it was a true statement--Clark loved and desired Lana.

Fast forward to Bloodline and when Lois/Faora states something similar, what she says is equally true.

This leaves us with knowing two facts: Lois has romantic feelings for Clark (Committed) and Clark has romantic feelings for Lois.

So thank you for pointing out the parallels, because by looking at them it becomes clear that Lois and Clark care for each other very much. It is mutual, unlike another desired pairing on the show where one girl pined, but never had her feelings reciprocated.

By the way, her name is LOIS. Chloe's cousin could also refer to Lucy Lane, so I'm a bit confused why you keep talking about Lucy.

Anyway, back on topic. The line "No one messes with Lois and Clark" was a bit in your face, but this show has never been subtle. If it had just been a throwaway line I would think it was too much and out of place, but considering Lois and Clark were facing their deaths and Lois was freaking out, I thought it was a nice touch. Perhaps it was even TPTB's covert way of reassuring Cloisers that [SPOILER]even though Lana is returning, and Lois will be absent[/SPOILER] that no obstacle will be too much for this legendary couple to overcome.

Comment

yeah, it wasnt clark, but it was his strength. What i found most notable was how she didnt get knocked out and how she got up perfectly fine lol

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
                  I don't really see what is wrong with some slight parallels between previous scenes and those in Bloodline.

The way I see it, when Lana/Isobel told Clark that she knew that he had "desires for the body she inhabits," it was a true statement--Clark loved and desired Lana.

Fast forward to Bloodline and when Lois/Faora states something similar, what she says is equally true.

This leaves us with knowing two facts: Lois has romantic feelings for Clark (Committed) and Clark has romantic feelings for Lois.

So thank you for pointing out the parallels, because by looking at them it becomes clear that Lois and Clark care for each other very much. It is mutual, unlike another desired pairing on the show where one girl pined, but never had her feelings reciprocated.

By the way, her name is LOIS. Chloe's cousin could also refer to Lucy Lane, so I'm a bit confused why you keep talking about Lucy.

Anyway, back on topic. The line "No one messes with Lois and Clark" was a bit in your face, but this show has never been subtle. If it had just been a throwaway line I would think it was too much and out of place, but considering Lois and Clark were facing their deaths and Lois was freaking out, I thought it was a nice touch. Perhaps it was even TPTB's covert way of reassuring Cloisers that [SPOILER]even though Lana is returning, and Lois will be absent[/SPOILER] that no obstacle will be too much for this legendary couple to overcome.
                  Nice post! ITA.

And thank you for pointing out that "Chloe's Cousin" could also refer to Lucy.

Comment

ginervakent. i dont even see it as the same.

The two scenes were different and the contexts were different It was Spell which was mentioned but for some reason my mind went to spirit lol.

Chloe in Spell and the other two have clark pinned down and are trying to kill him when he appeals to chloe to save his own skin. He's not begging her to snap out of it because he's being torn up by her being possessed, he's trying to make her snap out of it so she can help him. And the witch doesnt say "you have feelings for chloe" she just laughs in his face. And by the end of it, he steps over chloe (and Lois) to save lana lol.

With Lois In bloodline she is no direct threat to him at THAT particular moment and he's not appealing to her for help...he's apologizing because its tearing him up to see her like that. he cant stand to see her that way because he has feelings for her. He thinks he's lost her. Which promps faora to mention the feelings he has for Lois.

the scene where she's got him pined on the car however, is similar to spell and his appeal to chloe. but when faora says he has feelings for Lois it is in a totaly different situation and totally different context.

EDIt - ah Lana, yes he says it to her, which again indicates (like you said) that the love interest this season is Lois lane much like lana Lang was back in S4

so thanks for pointing it out Kalista..makes me all fuzzy inside.
                    Last edited by DontCha; 11-08-2008, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
                      If it had just been a throwaway line I would think it was too much and out of place, but considering Lois and Clark were facing their deaths and Lois was freaking out, I thought it was a nice touch. Perhaps it was even TPTB's covert way of reassuring Cloisers that [SPOILER]even though Lana is returning, and Lois will be absent[/SPOILER] that no obstacle will be too much for this legendary couple to overcome.
                      I agree. The only thing I would say, though, is that I understand that they're wanting to do a really cool line (for possible trailer use) but I hope this is the last time either Lois or Clark refers to themselves in the third person in order to make that soundbite.

I think they could have accomplished the same Clois shoutout by having Clark say, "Nothing is going to mess with us! Together, we're stronger than anything, you got that?"

Just a personal critique. I don't mind it, and I like the shoutout. I just hope they manage to avoid this sort of third-person statement in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by devilneedsaride
                        For some reason whenever I hear it said as "Lois and Clark" it makes me cringe. I don't know if it's because it feels forced or because I didn't like TNAS or what, but I always wince when that line comes up. And it does kind of feel like they're overusing it.
                        In general I'd agree, but this was done beautifully.

Comment

ginervakent. i dont even see it as the same.

The two scenes were different and the contexts were different It was Spell which was mentioned but for some reason my mind went to spirit lol.
                          Oh, well I don't think that the scenes were the same. I just wanted to point out the significance in the one similarity that I could identify.

No problem with confusing Spell and Spirit. I've done it myself.

Chloe in Spell and the other two have clark pinned down and are trying to kill him when he appeals to chloe to save his own skin. He's not begginf her to snap out of it because he's being torn up by her being possessed, he's trying to make her snap out of it so she can help him. And the witch doesnt say "you have feelings for chloe" she just laughs in his face. And by the end of it, he steps over chloe (and Lois) to save lana lol.
                          I do remember Chloe, Lois, and Lana pinning Clark down. It's just that I went to rewatch the scene and Isobel does say to Clark (without him appealing to the Lana inside her) that she is aware that he has feelings for the "body she inhabits" i.e. Lana's.

Clark's conversation with possessed Chloe doesn't seem relevant or similar to me at all to what happened in Bloodline. As you say, he was showing more concern for his own well-being than Chloe's at that moment.

With Lois In bloodline she is no direct threat to him at THAT particular moment and he's not appealing to her for help...he's apologizing because its tearing him up to see her like that. he cant stand to see her that way because he has feelings for her. He thinks he's lost her. Which promps faora to mention the feelings he has for Lois.
                          That is definitely how I saw it as well. I hope that I didn't give the impression that I felt otherwise. The way that his face betrayed fear and sadness when Faora said "You're too late Kal-el" as Lana had in Veritas, showed how deep his feelings were for Lois.

ETA: I just saw that you noticed about Lana saying it in Spell. Sorry for repeating myself, then. I feel all fuzzy inside too. Thanks Kalista!

Comment

LOL Ginervakent I just realized I think kalista meant Lana that entire post of mine was a misreading, I read the top part of your post and felt compelled to answer, should have read the entire thing..my bad lol..I've just confused matters a great deal on this thread about 10 times with 3 different people LMAO

and I agree with you, it indicates that Lois is the love interest this year much like Lana was back in S4

gotta love the parallels
                            Last edited by DontCha; 11-08-2008, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade4813
                              I think they could have accomplished the same Clois shoutout by having Clark say, "Nothing is going to mess with us! Together, we're stronger than anything, you got that?"

Just a personal critique. I don't mind it, and I like the shoutout. I just hope they manage to avoid this sort of third-person statement in the future!
                              That's a good point. I like your alternative line. I mean the one in the episode was fun, and I can see the writers in the writers' room squeeing at the idea of inserting the line, but perhaps they could show some restraint in the future now that we all know that "no one's going to mess with Lois and Clark."

Comment

I prefer your alternate line Jade.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎