Collapse
No announcement yet.

"No one's gonna mess with Lois and Clark"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the line was kinda funny and kinda sweet. Lois was freaking out and Clark said it to calm her down. Maybe it was an anvil but I thought of it as almost a light hearted moment and I liked it. I think the main reason I liked it was because Clark was using it in a way to comfort her. TPTB are showing more and more how close they are getting and this line is more than an anvil, it shows more than the future. It shows that right now, in the present, they are viewing each other as a team. They are Lois and Clark. Exactly who they should be.

Comment

"No one's gonna mess with Lois & Clark..."

It was a great line. Funny, corny, but great.

And, I liked Lois's response: "They better not."

<3 Clois
      Last edited by zHeN_zHeN; 11-07-2008, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm45
        I find that most anvils are so clumsily written and delivered. Like that lines from another episode about Lois marrying a man with thighs who flies a lot. That was so stupid. We know about Clark and Lois already. Instead of making character spouts ridiculous lines about how Clois are soulmates, show us that they are soulmates.

The worst thing is that there's plenty of anvils. They should just keep developing the relationship instead of relaying on future references.
        exactly ! well said

Comment

It could've been breaking the 4th wall.

PS3 did say this would be the season of "Lois and Clark"

Comment

Lois to Clark: "i'd rather stay close to your right hook"

Comment

I loved that line

anyway for me it's just a message to other shippers saying your never gonna get your way lois and clark are here to stay and im sure the clois people are happy and im happy they can be happy .
              I don't see why other shippers need that message, it's been known from the first episode Lois is his destiny, if anyone thought otherwise, then that's on them.........

Comment

The worst thing is that there's plenty of anvils. They should just keep developing the relationship instead of relaying on future references.
                Exactly. It's lazy writing. Every episode Lois is in we get Clois anvils thrown at us. It's not cute. It's quit annoying to say the least.

Comment

I find that most anvils are so clumsily written and delivered. Like that lines from another episode about Lois marrying a man with thighs who flies a lot. That was so stupid. We know about Clark and Lois already. Instead of making character spouts ridiculous lines about how Clois are soulmates, show us that they are soulmates.

you want a list of things they've done to show that there is actual onscreen development as WELL as anvils? I know many people who dislike the relationship watch scenes with clois only once/skip through them and so do not remember/know of them later on. To me its been rather obvious since late season 7 that they were starting actual ON SCREEN development of clois and sticking with it for once by giving it continuity.

Siren - Lois is in tears about breaking up with Olliver, clark comforts Lois about this. (this is mirrored later) Never before has clark got so emotionally attached to Lois Lane and never before has Lois said anything as revealing as: "Why settle for hot rich and famous when i can just hang out with you"...seriously..big old flag going up...this is somethin new..wil they use continuity when thyey meet again? Yes they do as i'll explain later. This deep and meaningful hug concerns the present situation and is not an anvil

Apocalypse - Clark learns that every woman in life is better off without him and have found their soulmates... except Lois Lane. In this episode Clark finds himself attached to Lois at the hip. He learns that Lois needs him in the future because if he was not there she'd be in a lot of trouble. And so he comes out of this with more of a pull towards Lois and Metropolis. As the writers say in TV guide with Apocalypse its made clear they are destined to be together in any reality. Clark sees this AU Lois swoon over him, find him attractive and he likes it. This gives him a glimpse of a future where he can be happy and have a purpose. He enters this reality wishing he was dead, shares some time with a Lois who clearly has a thing for him and needs him, he comes back ready and willing to accept his role as a protector.

RW Lois in this episode who was clearly taken by clark's support in Siren (continuity), right at the end does something she has never ever done before when it comes to clark Kent. After clark gives her a deep stare and comments on how good a friendshe is like he's done a few times before, THIS time something quite unique to her charcter happens. Lois Lane swoons over Clark Kent, notices she has and tries to pretend it didnt happen. And from this moment on she was NEVER the same around Clark, ever again.(continuity) Lois' little swoon over clark concerns the present situation and is not an anvil.

Arctic - Lois now seems to want to spend a lot of time with clark, If he works at the planet with her, she'll see him every day. She cares a great deal about him and his future too. By the end of it, it she runs in tears to comfort a cowering clark after his break up with Lana (mirrored continuity from Siren) this is a real deep and meaningful hug which concerns the present situation and is NOT an anvil.

Odyssey - Clark: "all i want to do is go home"...Clark actually calls Lois home a the end meaning these are feelings concerning the present situation, and not a future one. When lois sees clark for the first time ater a month, her expression is something I have never seen her do before when she first sees him, again is relevent to the present situation and not a future one. By the end of it, she looks as clark walks away and smiles at the thought of clark working opposite her, she has feelings for him and its written plainly across her face here. Again current feelings to a current situation. And is continuity from late season 7. Where her feelings first surfaced for him.

Plastique - She cant stop touching him, she jumps into his arms for protection, he notices this rather than the blast and is actually looking at her lips which are in close proximity to his own. She gets jealous of tess, oh and theres that look of deep attraction yet deep worry, as clark walks away acompanied by the first taster we get of clois' love theme tune this season. At the end, she's openly winking at him which I have never evr seen her do before. All these are NOt anvils but onscreen development and the result of continuity from past episodes.

Toxic - Clark feels deeply saddened for Lois, its written across his face, he cares for her a great deal more than he has ever shown before. Lois on the other hand looks as if she cant bare him touching her, not because she doesnt love him. Its because she does and doent want to. Something which Erica explained in an interview. Again all onscreen development and not anvils.

Instinct - deep bond, clark broken out of spell because of his deep bond, attraction afor her. Lois accepting she loves him. Thats all I have to say about that, Again not an anvil but something which is there at the present moment.

Committed - "do you love this man?" Lois - "YES" anvil? NO.

clark IMo is strutting in the DP when he thinks he's won Lois' affections only to be shot down and the dissapointment written clearly across his face as she does.

Lois to clark - "imagine where we'd be if you were asked that question (do you love this woman?)" People can read this scene in any way they want but one thing is undeniable IMO. Clark realizes somethng about Lois Lane after he ponders on this question and whatever it is, has stunned him so damn much that he cannot even move, he cannot even blink as she walks off or even flinch as the elevator doors nearly shut on his nose. he goes from smart ass smirk to -wait a minute to - OH MY GOD all in the matter of about 7 seconds. And from this moment on, he has not been the sme around Lois lane since. Mirrored continuity, clark is behind Lois however.
                  all these moments Anvils? nope, not by a long shot.

Identity - Clark confronted with Lois' naked back and lust is written across his face, then an awkwardness as he tries not to get too close, again not because he doesnt have feelings for her, but because he does and doesnt want to, as Erica durance explained, again mirrored continuity. A Jealous and territorial alpha male clark appears (confirmed y officila description) he appears when lois dates a male of "higher DP rank"..His position for a potential mate is threatened until she phones him for protection, He's the boss man. Clark smirking at the DP rather than comforting her about a bad date, smirking isn't something he would be seen doing pre-committed. Smirking means he feels he's personally gained something from Lois not getting a date with this man. Anvils? nope. development yes

Bloodline - Obvious caring for Lois in the PZ and vise versa his expression when she says she's moving in is different to the usual "oh NO" expression all signs that things have changed. Again we have mirrored continuity, Lois didnt want to move in with clark when her feeligs for clark were bursting forth and its now the same for clark. Faora confirms to the audiene that he has current feelings for Lois Lane. Not the human race, she's not talking about chloe, tess or olliverr no one else but Lois Lane its not an anvil its something current going on with clark when it comes to Lois:

she says and I quote: "you have feelings for this creature I inhabit"

You = you (Clark)
                  have = have (present tense)
                  feelings = Present tense feelings
                  for = for
                  this = this (present tense)
                  creature = singular person (Lois)
                  I = I
                  inhabit = possess

who is she inhabiting? LOIS no one else. Its spelled out for the audience right here, Clark Kent has current feelings for Lois Lane. not an anvil, nada.

kara again confirms later that Clark has let her close, its obvious right here that Lois is a love interest. He wants her to live with him so he can keep an eye onher, keep her safe. She saw clark as her night in shining armer in the PZ, clark likes this.

If you want to know why they are soulmates in terms of how they fit because of pesonality, I'll gove you an article on Lois lane and her character through the years in all forms of media and you can see that Clark and Lois of Smallville behave in the exact same way as they do in the comics as soulmates.
                  Last edited by DontCha; 11-08-2008, 06:02 PM.

Comment

We know about Clark and Lois already. Instead of making character spouts ridiculous lines about how Clois are soulmates, show us that they are soulmates.

I agree with this. I really like clois this season but sometimes I feel it´s too much, they still need to develop clois...making references all the time it´s not gonna make SV fans like clois better. It´s getting annoying, past seasons everytime there was a reference it at least made me smile...now idk.

Comment

its not all anvil references, Clois has been building since late season seven as an onscreen development and in continuity...
                      Last edited by DontCha; 11-08-2008, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I wish they would give Clark and Chloe's cousin some original material for their scenes. I'm tired of them rehashing the old stuff. Now they are giving them material from Spell. Sheesh.

Comment

In spell was chloe/Lois inhabited by an aliens wife? looking for doomsday her son, did she try and kill clark?

Nope..she was inhabited by a dead cheerleader...I cant see how its possibly alike apart from possesion which has happened COUNTLESS times on the show with other characters like Lex etc etc..

and god now that we're talking about rehashing old material...jeese couldnt chloe be her own supervillain instead of rehashing brainiac?? talk about lack of ideas..jeese. Copy cat to the extreme

and on the soulmate note:
                          They are soulmates in the comics because:
                          1. They are opposites
                          2. Clark finds her fascinating and infuruating all at the same time, keeping him on his toes
                          3. She makes him (an alien) feel human by envoking the entire spectrum of human emotions within him often within the same scene.
                          4. She has very overblown human flaws, why flaws? because no TRUE human is perfect, we are human because we are imperfect and Lois is imperfect and again she brings out these imperfect human emotioms within clark, which makes him feel human.
                          5. they share a deep bond of love and attraction.
                          6. She being hard as nails has a very soft interior and needs someone who she can rely on to be there for her when she really needs it, who better than Superman/clark?

sound like Smallville's lois and clark?

yes on all counts.
                          Last edited by DontCha; 11-08-2008, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I don't remember that.

Did Clark say "Nobody's going to mess with Chloe and Clark" in Spell? All I remember about that episode is Clark stepping over everyone to get to Lana, truth be told. (Hey, it was pretty funny, when you think about it.)

Comment

I loved the line and actually did not see it as an anvil. It was Clark reminding Lois that she was tough as nails and with him with her . . . nothing could defeat them and it worked. Who did Lois call in the previous episode for help when she was in trouble? Clark so she must feel safe with him. Lois feels safe with Clark. Clark reminded Lois that she is safe with him. Nobody messes with Lois and Clark of Smallville and prevails.

One can see it as an anvil for the future if the choose too. One can even see it as homage to the show Lois and Clark, but the phrase is also true of Smallville's Lois and Clark. They have been through some horrible stuff together and made it out of it just like they did tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by DontCha
                                copy cat to the extreme man.
                                IA Clark trying to appeal to Chloe's cousin through Faora. Faora telling Clark that he has feelings for the body she inhabits.

Yes, copy cat to the extreme indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎