Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you find Laura Vandervoort's Performance in 'Bloodline'?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManofSteelo
    Not only does it not make sense from a continuity standpoint -- after all, this is Clark's story as "The Last Son of Krypton"
    Having the 'Last Daughter of Krypton' around does not take away the 'Last Son of Krypton' mantle. The last son thing originated in the comics when kara was still supergirl for some reason people have taken it to mean 'only kryptonian' when in fact it means only male kryptonian.

Originally posted by KryptonChuck
    I was one of the fans who did not like Laura Vandervoort’s performance last season on Smallville. I thought she came across too “Canadian” in some of her lines, and that bothered me. However, I thought she was very good last night. I’m not sure if anyone agrees, but I wouldn’t mind her returning for a guest appearance here or there later this season or even next season. I actually love the idea of her trying to find Kandor, and it is a storyline return appearance that they can use in the future.
    Why do Kryptonians have to be american?

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
      Why do Kryptonians have to be american?

Because the US is the only country aliens ever seem to invade.

However, if the kryptonian is evil, it should really have an upperclass Brittish accent, as upper class Brittish are always evil.

Comment

Originally posted by TheANIMAL (marcus)
        Because the US is the only country aliens ever seem to invade.

However, if the kryptonian is evil, it should really have an upperclass Brittish accent, as upper class Brittish are always evil.
        Ever watch Doctor Who? The aliens never make it outside of London city centre. I think they come for the tourist attractions

Comment

She definately improved.

Comment

I happen to be Canadian, so forgive me if I don't understand, but what exactly is being "too Canadian", lol.

Comment

Hmmm she'd improved vastly. But she's still not my favourite character addition to SV.
              It was good of them to wrap up her storyline though.

Comment

I don't think it has anything to do with Laura's acting. I think the reason why people didn't enjoy her character last season was because of her character development; she didn't develop as much, and stunted Clark's character a little bit.

However, here in Bloodline, with the new writers in effect, her character has matured a lot, and in this episode the writers used Kara correctly. That was something "Kara was lacking" last season.

So with that, I say Laura's performance was good; but this is only 1 episode. Because it was an exit episode for her, it might make some people react to their emotions. Anyways, her last scene with Clark was fantastic, I thought it was very touching, and really missed the fact that Clark had someone to talk to about their Kryptonian herritage.

Comment

I found it really outstanding, she did a great job!! Congrats LV!!!

Comment

i love her performance.. i hope she can come back

Comment

excellent, as usual.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡