No announcement yet.

Is Sebastian really dead?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Sebastian really dead?

I may be mistaken but the way I saw the whole Chloe-Sebastian thing Chloe used her newly discovered power to overload Sebastian's brain and cause it to reboot only this time without the info he read from Lois and Clark and possibly more.

I don't think she actually killed him, I think the doctors that ran in will revive him but he will wake up with memory loss.

The scene where Chloe caused the Isis computers to shutdown from data overload was a clue to her new Brainiac fueled power I think.

I think it was still Chloe and not Chloiac that messed with Sebastian's mind.

The other thought I had was maybe Brainiac downloaded himself into Sebastian.

The monitor flatlined (the beeping noise became a flat tone). I think Chloe-iac killed him.

But you could be right that they could revive him. But I don't think we'll see Sebastian again. If he's been overloaded then his memory of Clark is gone and therefore he has no value to future plots.

Comment

The doctors said he went into cardiac arrest and the way that he was looking when Chloe did that to him, he didn't look like he would survive. It's just like Dax-Ur from last season. Brainiac infected him and his eyes looked like Sebastian's, but he was assumed dead. The same thing probably happened to Sebastian.

Comment

He had fixated dilated pupils, I think no one's home anymore. No brain means no body functions. He's dead, Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkbunny

The other thought I had was maybe Brainiac downloaded himself into Sebastian.
          Oooh so it would be like a Brainiac virus?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Magic
            He had fixated dilated pupils, I think no one's home anymore. No brain means no body functions. He's dead, Jim.
            if that point had been a nail you would have hit it square on the head glad people aren't like oh he can come back and be a vegetable...cause yeah that is still dead...when a machine is keeping you alive with no hope for recovery that is the equivalent of death...maybe even WORSE!

Comment

When the doctors ran in they shouted 'he's having a stroke' so he was still alive when Chloe left.

Both Chloe and Lana had the same eye effect when Brainiac messed with their minds. So Sebastian could be in a Brainiac induced coma or he could just have had a mind wipe.

The heart monitors were still beaping as Chloe walked out they didn't flatline.

Very curious indeed.......

Comment

All the staff knew is that the monitor alarm went off (heart failure). Unless they really are miracle workers that can diagnose from outside the room *that was just an assumption. His heart stopped because he is braindead.

*the stroke part
                Last edited by Mr.Magic; 10-31-2008, 10:16 PM.

Comment

^
                  His heart didn't stop though it was beating really fast - the monitor beeps sped up during and after Chloe did whatever she did to him. He didn't flatline, so I maintain that he wasn't dead.
                  Last edited by clarkbunny; 11-01-2008, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Yes, he flatlined. The beeping was the alarm.

Comment

^
                      Just wondering what you are basing this on given that there was no flatline tone?

Based on what Chloe said to him it appeared that her intention was to wipe his memory and not to kill him.

Chloe: You know the human mind is like a highly sophisticated computer. Download too much information it crashes and all the data is lost.

Sebastian: What's that supposed to mean?

Chloe: Here, let me show you.
                      Last edited by clarkbunny; 11-01-2008, 06:21 AM.

Comment

I donīt think he is DEAD !

Comment

^
                          Just wondering what you are basing this on given that there was no flatline tone?
                          I checked with headphones what you can hear. She touches him, his heartbeat gets irregular, his eyes get glassy, and then the alarm starts. You don't hear a flatline tone (which you don't need, since that is what the alarm tells you) and there certainly isn't any heartbeat. The hospital staff starts shouting code blue yaddayadda, and AFTER that we see them entering the room.

ALL data was lost because his brain fried (dilated pupils), and without functioning brain the body dies. At least if you don't hook the empty shell up to machines that keep the body going. Maybe a phantom needs a new home...

Comment

^
                            They were yelling, "Code Blue" when they were heading for his room. That means heart failure requiring resuscitation. If he weren't dead he wouldn't need resuscitation.

Now, will they leave him that way? Who knows. If his heart stopped because Chloe "crashed" his brain then we can assume that unless his brain starts working again he would have to be kept alive by machines. It's up to you to decide whether that is actually alive or not.

But this is a story based on a comic book so who knows.

Comment

If he is alive, he's pretty much a human vegatable.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎