Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jimmy's camera have caught Clark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BadaBingBadaBoomsday
    I agree with on the idea that the camera should not get that good an image of him, but

i'm sorry electrons do not move anywhere near the speed of light if your talking about electricity.
    ... electrons are often accelerated to .999C in particle accelerators so...

Comment

Originally posted by tippership commander
      In the episode Justice , Lionel stated that a pic"of Bart" risked Clark's secret..
      He also said he should be catiouary ,and that he knew there weren't too many people who could easily exceed the speed of light..

The prob is, when these guys superspeed, (at higher superspeeds), time STOPS till they slow down( CLark and he infomous football superspeed scene, him Running towards Brainiac with the electricity that was charging brainy STOPPED in it's tracks( fyi, electrons are on the tier of light speed, varies
      SO, what happened?

1. Clark's stupid, to not SEE a flash frozen in time , and should have grabbed something to shield him from the light( IT doesn' matter if he did this, because he can move so fast, he can spend a couple minutes looking for a garbage ca nlid, and the truck wont have moved a nanometer in his world)
      2. i know quite well how cameras work ,and Jimmy's camera, a plain photographers camera, shouldn't have been able to produce even THAT good of a blur, Let alone a blur at all, for if clarks' moving faster than photons, and randomly running into them, he's PUSH them so they don't bounce right, and reflect back to the camera...

plainly put, this is on the writers, unless we want to say clark decided to superspeed slower than norm

But, what gives? with speeds where you're 1000 miles away before someoen can blink, and we have a camera who's shutter speed isn;t much faster than that very blink...!
      A pic of him superspeeding? whenther it be as goood as jimmy's or not, ..i don't think so..

oh well, intro t osupes, for public, tho they didn't have to use his speed as the catalyst
      Time doesn't stop when clark is at super speed. It looks that way so we can comprehend how fast he is really going, and see what exactly he is doing at super speed.

Comment

Originally posted by maryjanewatson
        Time doesn't stop when clark is at super speed. It looks that way so we can comprehend how fast he is really going, and see what exactly he is doing at super speed.
        well, according to his historyt, when lark has fought enemieswhoO stop time, he's been able o move so fast ,he's able to reac htheir level, and then go even FASTER...

i cant remember the villan.....dr zoom? nah....wrong thing....anyway, From what i understand(might be pre crisis) ,what it's supposed to be is that he can move so fast, that he ges to the point where the clock doesn't TICK a nanosecond, for him, unil AFTER he's exited...

althogh, there is a fata lflaw with this..
        if he decided to just go at C , light speed, even light speed would still have the clock moving, at nanosecond intervals.....so, this is a weakness to a supes who doesnt move faster than light...

WHo knows, prob some combo of his bio field, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, it' probabl time dilation...to the EXTREME..

i wish i had his super speed power.....being a sprinter, i'd LOVE it

i would ALWAS ue the phrase"1000 mile saway before u can blink" prob is, thered have to be ohers with the power for me to have fun with, ..

ANyway, i'm calling time dilation on this one

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
          Well as a physics major myself, I'd say you have to stop thinking about it much... ultimately if Clark were moving Super-luminously how the hell would he see anything? So you stop, take a deep breath and say well it's a comic book show not the theory of relativity in practice.
          He'd be able to see based on the photons going into his eyes and landing on his retina. He wouldn't suddenly go blind if he goes >C

Comment

Originally posted by migo
            He'd be able to see based on the photons going into his eyes and landing on his retina. He wouldn't suddenly go blind if he goes >C
            ... ummm yeah he would because he would be traveling faster then the photons. Actually even at high enough sup C speeds he would blue shift them out of his visual range. really applying real world physics to Clark just isn't going to do anything for you.

Comment

...He is not stopping time. He is just moving super super fast. Because he is superman.

And as far as I remember, Clark has never had an enemy who stopped time. This isn't "heroes."

Comment

Clark's speed is getting pretty awesome on the show, but when he's saving someone he probably does have to cap it. Superman or not, yoinking a person up at a bit less than lightspeed could be a bit on the disastrous side.

Comment

But he is superman, and he can just do these things. And it's a comic book/show.

plus, I heard that superman/clark has like a protective aura emitting from him for anyone who is really close. explaining why he can run at superspeed with someone in his arms, or how he can just lay on top of someone without completely covering them, and still save them from a massive fiery explosion, without them getting burned one little bit.

I'm just saying O.o

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
                    ... ummm yeah he would because he would be traveling faster then the photons. Actually even at high enough sup C speeds he would blue shift them out of his visual range. really applying real world physics to Clark just isn't going to do anything for you.
                    He would still see the photons. He'd hit them instead of them hitting him, and he'd see some images from behind him mixed in, but he'd still be able to see.

Comment

would any one especially the physic majors agree that if he goes at his full fastest speed to move someone out of the way of a car he might just ripp that person in half. It sounds like too much speed for the human body if you ask me and that may be why he slowed down or not went his fastest.

Comment

Total BS.
                        To even have the chance at securing a flash image, the camera would have to be set at it's highest ISP setting. If that were done, then Jimmy would not get the image of the mugger, and that was the whole point of his taking a picture in the first place.

The writers don't like to sweat the details on this show.

Season 1, Smallville to Metropolis - 3 hrs? Now, it's like a suburb.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
                          would any one especially the physic majors agree that if he goes at his full fastest speed to move someone out of the way of a car he might just ripp that person in half. It sounds like too much speed for the human body if you ask me and that may be why he slowed down or not went his fastest.
                          probably cause their internal organs to explode but yes you get the idea. F = ma

He would still see the photons. He'd hit them instead of them hitting him, and he'd see some images from behind him mixed in, but he'd still be able to see.
                          ever heard of the Doppler affect?

Comment

That's not what's at play here. If he's moving faster than light, the photons are effectively standing still and he's moving into them. As he moves into them, he sees what anyone would see if the photons were moving into their retina if they were standing still where and when Clark is at that time. The only problem is photons that were moving away would also be standing still, and he'd run into them, so he'd be seeing things that are behind him and to either side of him. It'd be disorienting, but he wouldn't be blind.

Comment

Originally posted by mark08201981
                              If I remember my physics classes right, light is always traveling ahead of you, regardless of your speed.
                              Light is only travelling ahead of you if it has already passed you. That is if you are between the wavefront and the epicentre. If you are outside the wavefront as Clark is light is tavelling towards him no matter what speed he is at.

Originally posted by tippership commander
                              well, you're right..

BTW, for the other guy, electrons speeds VARY....

they can approach and nearly match the speed of light, they're known as 'killer electrons' that have bee naccelerated way past norm electrons,...but, thats a whole other story...physics related... i wont get int oit...
                              I originaly said that in electricity electrons are traveling nowhere near C. As the original poster referred to electrons in electricity.

Anyway, if everything Superman did obeyed Physics then Smallville would be boring. Simple as!!

Comment

That's not what's at play here. If he's moving faster than light, the photons are effectively standing still and he's moving into them. As he moves into them, he sees what anyone would see if the photons were moving into their retina if they were standing still where and when Clark is at that time. The only problem is photons that were moving away would also be standing still, and he'd run into them, so he'd be seeing things that are behind him and to either side of him. It'd be disorienting, but he wouldn't be blind.
                                .... That works only if you completely ignore the wave properties of light and the laws of relativity....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎