No announcement yet.

Star Wars reference...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars reference...

I dont know if i am too fan of the star wars saga or if it was a direct star wars reference, but...

The scene where Arthur Petrelli is talking to Sylar about his mother and has him floating in the air is very similar to the scene of star wars episode II where Count Dooku (Christopher Lee) is talking to Obi-Wan (Ewan McGregor) about the truth and invites him to join the dark side...

First, the scene is similar in the way its shoot, because Sylar is floating and Arthur is walking on little circles around Sylar... and the themes are also similar, because the bad guy its trying to invite the good guy to join him by telling him the truth about what he cares (his mom/the republic)...

What do you think?...

I was thinking the exact same thing!

Althoug i see Arthur more as a Palpatine then a Count Dooku type, Dooku was manipulated by Palpatine without knowing it and i dont think anyone is manipulation Arthur at the moment.

Comment

I just don't see any director intentionally paying homage to the prequel trilogy, though I can see the similarities.

Comment

I was thinking that too! It sprung immediately to mind. Also, when Arthur was standing behind Sylar, it reminded me of the Emperor and Vader, the Master and the Apprentice.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎