Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lanz
    Any updates? I don't get why I/we can't find this song. Did they make it themselves on the show or something?
    Yeah, seems really bizarre...... unless maybe it's some unreleased song or just something so new that it hasn't had a chance to have its lyrics make it out. But if it's a brand new song, you'd sort of thing they'd be trying to sell it or something (although I guess if this was one of those deals where they are trying to promote a song, they would have made it more prominent than background music in a club).

Comment

anybody have luck with the song

Comment

Wow, I really want to know now...

Comment

Season 8 has been an overwhelming success thus far,but the musical score has been a disappointment.I don't think we have had a single song that has been played into a scene.Surely not one that has stood out.It has been mostly generic stuff.

Comment

.. they haven't really had any like songs on .
            but yeah , it's interesting .
            - it has a pretty cool melody .
            and I agree with costas22 ,
            the season has been a tremendous hit but the music ? BOO !

Comment

I did a lot of research and came up with a band called Short Notice. Their song "You Wanted It" has some lyrics that seem to match what little of the song we can hear in the background at the club in "Identity". This is not the song we all heard but maybe this can help someone finally find it.

Lyrics
              So you wanna be a star
              Drink champagne eat caviar
              Satin sheets and the shiny cars
              But you still don't know who the hell you are

You wanted it

To reach the sky
              You needed it to pacify
              You wanted it to touch the sky
              You needed it to never die
              So you wanna sink the world
              Pull the plug and watch it swirl
              Give self destruction one more whirl
              What's the good of an oyster with a broken pearl

Oh I don't know how to live
              Help me
              I don't know how to give
              Help me

So you wanna be a star
              Drink champagne eat caviar
              Satin sheets and the finest cars
              Somebody outta tell you who the hell you are

Comment

Interesting, the lyrics certainly sound similar. Haven't found the Short Notice song to hear it yet - but I guess it isn't inconceivable that a different song could have similar lyrics..... champagne and caviar are pretty commonly paired with each other, and it's not a huge leap from there to rhyme it with something to do with being a star.

Btw, seems like we're not the only ones trying to figure out what the song is. Googling for the lyrics now also brings up a Yahoo Answers question (which hasn't specifically been answered yet other than some general suggestions for sites to check out that cover songs used in tv shows):

Comment

Originally posted by elektrix
                  Interesting, the lyrics certainly sound similar. Haven't found the Short Notice song to hear it yet - but I guess it isn't inconceivable that a different song could have similar lyrics..... champagne and caviar are pretty commonly paired with each other, and it's not a huge leap from there to rhyme it with something to do with being a star.

Btw, seems like we're not the only ones trying to figure out what the song is. Googling for the lyrics now also brings up a Yahoo Answers question (which hasn't specifically been answered yet other than some general suggestions for sites to check out that cover songs used in tv shows):

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1111748AA9K5ug
                  The Short Notice song sounds nothing like the song we're looking for. I spoke to a friend of mine who is fluent in the "hot" media area of business and he told me, that if that many people are looking for it, and no one has found it yet, it's probably some local group who might have actually been performing at the club the night they shot that scene. We may never find it...

Comment

I'm pretty sure it sounds like recorded music though, not something from a live band.

And the "Ace of Clubs" is just a Smallville set, right?

You'd really think someone at Smallville would know what the music they used was.

Comment

I been searching for that song too and unfortunately like i haven't found it yet. Do any of you know if there is a way to contact the people who make Smallville, email or something?

Comment

Originally posted by SCaL4ever
                        I been searching for that song too and unfortunately like i haven't found it yet. Do any of you know if there is a way to contact the people who make Smallville, email or something?
                        \s/ up above said they submitted a question via Smallville feedback, but I don't think they've heard anything back yet.

Comment

Originally posted by elektrix
                          \s/ up above said they submitted a question via Smallville feedback, but I don't think they've heard anything back yet.

Nope!

Sadly I got nothing from them until now

Comment

Grrrr, who would have thought it'd be this hard to find the name of this song

Comment

indeed,

Comment

Is there still no reply on the song title, iv searched high and low using every search engine......and nothing. Its as if the song doesnt exist, hmmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎