Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arther's "Death": Suicide or Heart Attack?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arther's "Death": Suicide or Heart Attack?

I noticed in this episode, when Nathan found out that his father was alive, he mentions in disbelief that it was impossible because he saw him dead after he had a heart attack. But back in season 1, I seem to remember Angela telling her sons that he committed suicide. Now we know neither was true, but what explains the discrepincy in the cover story? Plot hole?

It must be plot hole or work of Maury Parkman

Comment

Nathan never said "I was there when he had a heart attack", he just said "I was there, I saw it."

So, theres really no plot hole. He was fooled by whatever fake death Arthur used just like everyone else, the suicide story still fits. And Nathan always knew it was a suicide, he just went along with the heart attack story because Peter might have the same depression and he didn't want to scare him.

Comment

Yeah they didn't say anything about heart attack in the present time. Nathan only said "Dad's dead, he had a heart attack." In a flashback. (Which they believed to be true at the time)
        Last edited by LuthorKent90; 10-29-2008, 10:20 PM.

Comment

I must've forgotten the part about the heart attack cover from season 1, so what Nathan said makes sense now. But he did mention the heart attack in this episode, which is the only reason I brought it up. I wonder if Nathan will bring up the suicide when he confronts him.

Comment

Well I rewatched the end of the episode where Peter tells Nathan their dad is alive, he doesn't mention the heart attack at all. His words were "Dad's dead, I was there. I saw it." He always knew it was a suicide, the heart attack was just a cover up to keep Peter from knowing.

Comment

Arthur "killed" himself.

Nathan lied to Peter. It is pretty simple. Would you want to tell your younger brother that not only is your father dead but that it was from him offing himself? The shock of a parent dying is pretty hardcore, but to then add on to it by saying that "oh, and it was because dad blew his head off" or however he did it is heavy. It would be hard on a child and even an adult.

He was protecting his brother because he loves and cares for Peter.

Comment

Yeah, it was a suicide the whole time, the heart attack was just to keep Peter from knowing.

I'm thinking it was something like Maury made them see Arthur jump off a bridge or something (Although Maury might not have been evil then) so they assumed he was dead.

Comment

Does the mother know it was a fake death?

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎