No announcement yet.

Davis: "Jimmy?" Chloe: "No"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a great quote:

Now that they have commited to each other, will it be smooth sailing for Chloe and Jimmy?

DS: When is it ever smooth sailing on Smallville?

BP:"I think everyone knows where Chloe's heart lies."
    When he says "heart" he is not referring to some kind friendship of the heart. That doesn't make sense. Whenever that phrase is mentioned it obviously refers to romantic feelings.

Davis asked if she ever felt the same way with anyone else and she said she only felt that way, one time before. She didn't say that she felt that way in the past. IOW, she only felt that way with one other person.
    Last edited by Kalista; 10-27-2008, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Nor did she say she presently feels that way. But if we look at other episodes, we hear her clearly say she does not love anyone but Jimmy and she handed Clark the letter and told him she was over all of that.

Now I wish the conversation would have gone like this:

Davis: Chloe have you ever in the past or present felt that way before.

Chloe: Yes, in the past I felt that way - once. By once I mean one time in the past. I do not presently feel that way.

Davis did use "felt" a past tense form of the word "feel". He did not ask her if she feels that way now. Her saying "once" in response to his use of "felt" render both the question and the answer in the past tense. Semantics, syntax, all work in favor of that. But hey, we'll just have to agree to disagree. What do you think of the lie detector test and the fact that Chloe herself has said she is over Clark and has given him back the letter?

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
        Nor did she say she presently feels that way. But if we look at other episodes, we hear her clearly say she does not love anyone but Jimmy and she handed Clark the letter and told him she was over all of that.

Now I wish the conversation would have gone like this:

Davis: Chloe have you ever in the past or present felt that way before.

Chloe: Yes, in the past I felt that way - once. By once I mean one time in the past. I do not presently feel that way.

Davis did use "felt" a past tense form of the word "feel". He did not ask her if she feels that way now. Her saying "once" in response to his use of "felt" render both the question and the answer in the past tense. Semantics, syntax, all work in favor of that. But hey, we'll just have to agree to disagree. What do you think of the lie detector test and the fact that Chloe herself has said she is over Clark and has given him back the letter?
        The psycho jeweler asked Chloe if she was in love with anyone else. He didn't ask her if she was in love with Jimmy. Chloe said she was not in love with anyone else. By saying that she wasn't in love with anyone else, she was not lying. She loves Jimmy but is in love with Clark.

David was asking her if the feeling of easiness she felt with him was a new experience for her. She told him that it wasn't and that she only felt that way with one other person and that person was not Jimmy.

Her saying "once" in response to his use of "felt" shows that she only had those same feelings for one other person. She was not saying once, in the past.

As far as the Fever letter, there is Brainiac influence involved. I'm not going to get into that and I'll just wait for the show to confirm as much. But the fact that Brainiac causes [SPOILER]Chloe to forget anyone except Davis shows that Brainiac is ultimately involved in driving a wedge between Chloe and Clark in his grand scheme to defeat Clark. [/SPOILER]

But we can agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
          Here's a great quote:

When he says "heart" he is not referring to some kind friendship of the heart. That doesn't make sense. Whenever that phrase is mentioned it obviously refers to romantic feelings.

Davis asked if she ever felt the same way with anyone else and she said she only felt that way, one time before. She didn't say that she felt that way in the past. IOW, she only felt that way with one other person.
          just curious..who is 'BP'?

She didn't specifically say anything in this scene in response to the question...all she said was "no". it's entirely possible that Chloe could come back to these feelings for Clark in the future ...more of a longshot IMO would be the uncovering that it was Brainiac who fooled the polygraph and she was still madly in love with him all along, but i guess we'll see. only thing for me is that to come back and linger on this unrequited love bit AGAIN would be a major step back for the character, unless the idea is that there's gonna be a Clark-Chloe romance. given how Lois and Clark seem to be developing and the fact we've been waiting on this Clark-Chloe deal for 8 years now, i find that hard to believe. i don't know..i always thought hooking Chloe up with Ollie might be an acceptable solution for Chloe's romantic troubles, as it's clear that many simply don't think Jimmy is much of a prize.
          Last edited by meteor; 10-27-2008, 02:04 PM.

Comment

I agree with you Clana4Life I heard "once" as past tense also. After reading the other view I suppose it's open to interpretation. *shrug*

I also believe Chloe in "Committed" that she's over Clark romantically. She still loves him powerfully but... I think she's settled her romantic hopes for happiness on Jimmy for now.

That Brian Peterson quote is a VEEEERRRRY interesting non answer.

We shall see.

If BP is referring to Clark AND Clark reciprocates I'll be happy for Chlarkers.

BP is one of the producers.

Comment

Originally posted by meteor
              just curious..who is 'BP'?

She didn't specifically say anything in this scene...all she said was "no". it's entirely possible that Chloe could come back to these feelings for Clark in the future ...more of a longshot IMO would be the uncovering that it was Brainiac who fooled the polygraph and she was still madly in love with him all along, but i guess we'll see. only thing for me is that to come back and linger on this unrequited love bit AGAIN would be a major step back for the character, unless the idea is that there's gonna be a Clark-Chloe romance. given how Lois and Clark seem to be developing and the fact we've been waiting on this Clark-Chloe deal for 8 years now, i find that hard to believe. i don't know..i always thought hooking Chloe up with Ollie might be an acceptable solution for Chloe's romantic troubles, as it's clear that many simply don't think Jimmy is much of a prize.
              Brian Peterson. The interview is on this site somewhere, I just don't remember the where. Sorry.

As for your other comments, I think that is a fair view up to this point in the season, depending on your view of Committed and Instinct. It is a matter of wait and see.

Jimmy is not much of a prize at all and I am basing my sentiments on his behavior towards and other women (even her cousin). But that is for another thread....

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
                Jimmy is not much of a prize at all and I am basing my sentiments on his behavior towards and other women (even her cousin). But that is for another thread....
                Chloe and I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by meteor
                  as it's clear that many simply don't think Jimmy is much of a prize.
                  Sorry, ginnyfan because I know you truly enjoy Chimmy, but Jimmy is NOT much of a prize. He's more like a . . . IDK what. He might be a nice guy with a romantic side who is in-love with Chloe, but that does NOT make him a prize, nor the right guy.

After two years you would think the audience would feel differently. But they don't (on the most part). Now we have Davis, who is very much a dark version of Clark, in the picture and Chloe is starting to experience that same 'easiness' and attraction with him as she has with Clark.

Someone said it before that normally the third person in the triangle is rooted against. However, that's not the case with Davis/Chloe/Chimmy. People were already rooting against Chimmy and now, despite Davis being Doomy, they're rooting against Chimmy more than ever.

I'm sorry, Chimmy just doesn't work. Jimmy has not stolen Chloe's heart. I'm afraid Davis is on that road. As SW said, "Davis is the one guy most likely to steal Chloe's heart." IF she wasn't engaged, I truly believe he already would have.

Chloe has only had that one type of connection with another guy and it's not Jimmy.

I don't even think whether it's present or past has anything to do with it. The point is, she's having that type of connection NOW with Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by AChloeChick
                    I don't even think whether it's present or past has anything to do with it. The point is, she's having that type of connection NOW with Davis.
                    Precisely, but given we know that Chloe cannot end up with Davis, i think people are looking past that end of it with regard to some of the romantic hypotheticals. however, i made the same point about the focus of that exchange being on Davis, so i concur.

Ginnyfan..i commend you for basically being a lone voice in the woods with your support for Chloe and Jimmy. if were a hockey player the coach would definitely tell you that you have character.

Comment

Basically, Clark is the past, Jimmy is the present and Davis is the future. Very reminiscent of what Clark said once upon a time. I don't think we have seen Brainiac's influence on Chloe yet. Up until this point, I think it's all Chloe. The focus really is on Davis because that seems to be the person she is now developing feelings for. So I guess the whole Chlark argument is moot. There's a new triangle in town and it seems to be Jimmy/Chloe/Davis.

Comment

Well, Davis made his move as soon as he found the weak spot in the Chimmy fence. Jimmy is hardly competition for Davis and Davis knows that now. I'm glad that the writer's removed Jimmy from the triangle when Chloe told Davis that they lacked a true emotional connection.

Jimmy doesn't even see Davis as a threat to his relationship as can be seen in their hospital conversation.

And the show did an excellent job of giving us a visual representation of the triangle in Plastique.
                        Last edited by Kalista; 10-27-2008, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I don't think Davis has made a move as of yet (other than the table/hand hold in Plastique, which he backed off once he found out she's engaged). He may have told her, "I think you know how I feel," and called her out on the carpet in the last scene.

But making his move, I don't think so. He even told Chloe he's not trying to get between her and the rest of her life. I think he has enough respect and admiration for Chloe that he's willing to let Chimmy unfold on its own.

He will step up in Bride or Abyss by telling her [SPOILER]she's marrying the wrong guy, but it seems he does NOTHING to stop the wedding {which I was really hoping he would speak up during the wedding.[/SPOILER]

Plus, SW has said Davis is a decent guy and he's not going to try to steal Chloe from Jimmy (which is seriously too bad).

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
                            Chloe and I disagree.
                            Apparently, Chloe agrees with me.

Comment

I honestly think we are suppose to interrupt "once" in two different ways. Yes it can be taken as meaning that one time ago she had that feeling for Clark.
                              But what I believe Chloe meant saying "once" was that only once (one time in her life) did she ever feel that being with Clark made her feel easy (comfortable). It makes perfect sense. Even with the way AM portrayed that word said it all. Almost teary-eyed. If they wanted me to believe that "once" meant she was completely done with Clark and her feelings for him, AM should have played it that way.

Comment

Davis has been pretty open about how he's attracted to Chloe. He's been respectful of her relationship to Jimmy on one level, but not on another level. This conversation proved to Chloe that Davis isn't going to back down from those feelings. He's acknowledging those feelings unapologetically and he's even given her reasons to question her relationship with Jimmy. Chloe decided she wouldn't be with someone who didn't respect her choice in husband.

I wouldn't hang out with some guy that constantly brought up that he was attracted to me. That is disrespectful of my husband and me. I think it was OK for Davis to bring up that he didn't see the attraction between Chloe and Jimmy only once as a friend. After that he needs to back down, which he didn't and Chloe responded by telling him she won't see him again. Maybe she needs to make sure that Jimmy is around for that, or in a pinch Clark, since at least he respects her decision to remain with Jimmy.

I agree that Davis doesn't see Jimmy as competition, and he never lets Chloe forget it. Clark, on the other hand, he seems to have some sort of respect for. It's interesting that Davis congratulates Clark on the engagement, when he thought it was him, but never congratulated Jimmy when he was corrected in his thinking. Maybe it happened in offscreensville, but it sure doesn't seem like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎