Collapse
No announcement yet.

Davis: "Jimmy?" Chloe: "No"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Chloe doesn't have with Jimmy an unhealty obsesion like she used to have with Clark and like she is starting to have with Davis, what she feels for Jimmy is just love (and in Smallville obsesion is stronger than love like Lex said in "wrath"),so what Chloe feels for Jimmy is not like she feels for Davis or felt for Clark at all. I actually don't see how are some of you glad with this, Chloe is getting obsessed with a murderer.

Comment

Isn't the answer you are hoping for. So I won't enter in a discussion with you about that, if you chose to ignore the answers that don't support your position then we are in a moo point here.

My position:

Davis: Have you ever felt that way with anyone before?

Tell me other way to word this question, of COURSE is BEFORE, is not like "Do you feel this with other person RIGHT NOW?"

Of course Davis will think and assume is Jimmy, this before is not PAST.

Chloe in the other hand talks in past "once"

And I repeat really creepy that Chloe is feeling the same that she felt once for Clark now with Davis....that wouldn't make look ANY shipper good and "unique"

So Chloe:

Had a feeling for Clark that now is the EXACT conection she is having for Davis ant the same time she is in love and marrying Jimmy? dude Lana is a freaking saint now compared with Chloe
      Last edited by tariksam; 10-26-2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks Kalista. here's my take then.

going by the verb tense being used, Davis is asking Chloe if she has ever felt this "easiness" that Chloe feels with him 'before"...so in other words, at any point from the beginning of her romantic life until now. she replies yes...now obviously Davis at first asks if it's Jimmy, because Chloe is marrying Jimmy, so that is an obvious assumption.

she replies no...and i do agree she was no doubt referring to Clark. now Chloe has repeatedly told us she is not in love with Clark any more, and this was confirmed last week by a polygraph test. there's nothing yet to support the Brainiac beat the lie detector theory..they would have done as they always do if they wanted to point us to draw that conclusion..such as showing the hanging cross at the end of the episode to be clear that it was Davis who killed those people. they would have done something like show some close up of Chloe's eye with some math equations or something like that..lol..if they wanted us to believe it was Brainiac scheming against the polygraph. they didn't, so unless they tell the audience in the future that it was Brainiac, IMO that's only a shipping theory, not fact on the show; the fact is Chloe beat the polygraph.

so at this point, to me she was talking about her feelings for Clark, which have been shown to be in the past. it doesn't mean she doesn't love Jimmy ..that is not the question Davis asked. it just means it's different than it was with Clark which is obvious, because it has been anything but "easy" with Jimmy. the other thing about this is, IMO this exchange demonstrated what she is now beginning to feel for Davis..to me that was the point. she is falling for Davis, not Clark.

regardless of everyone's opinions though, the good news is it will all be sorted out in the next 15 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by celita
          But Chloe doesn't have with Jimmy an unhealty obsesion like she used to have with Clark and like she is starting to have with Davis, what she feels for Jimmy is just love (and in Smallville obsesion is stronger than love like Lex said in "wrath"),so what Chloe feels for Jimmy is not like she feels for Davis or felt for Clark at all. I actually don't see how are some of you glad with this, Chloe is getting obsessed with a murderer.

If Chloe is obsessed with Clark, then how would you describe Clark?

He sat at her bedside for 18 hours listening for her heartbeat and his world spun out of control in Bizarro when he thought she died.

The writers have never described Chloe as being obsessed with Clark. She has always been described as loving him.

Also, AM revealed that the attraction between Chloe and Davis is a result of the fact that they both have something Kryptonian within themselves. So it's an unnatural attraction. It seems that important detail is being ignored.

She loves Jimmy but she is not in love with him and there are emotional barriers in the relationship. That's not the foundation for a successful relationship.

----- Added 12 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by meteor
          going by the verb tense being used, Davis is asking Chloe if she has ever felt this "easiness" that Chloe feels with him 'before"...so in other words, at any point from the beginning of her romantic life until now. she replies yes...now obviously Davis at first asks if it's Jimmy, because Chloe is marrying Jimmy, so that is an obvious assumption.
          That would have made sense if we were suppose to believe that Chimmy is the real deal.

now Chloe has repeatedly told us she is not in love with Clark any more, and this was confirmed last week by a polygraph test.
          I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at the premise of using a lie detector to convince the audience that Chloe is over Clark and essentially ripping that notion to shreds with this conversation in Prey.

the fact is Chloe beat the polygraph.
          She beat the polygraph because she told the truth. She is only in love with one person.

it doesn't mean she doesn't love Jimmy
          I agree that she loves Jimmy but she is not in love with him. Her revelation to Davis pretty much confirms that.

she is falling for Davis, not Clark.
          That is a direct result of Brainiac.

regardless of everyone's opinions though, the good news is it will all be sorted out in the next 15 episodes.
          True.
          Last edited by Kalista; 10-26-2008, 10:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah, she's really obsessed with Davis. The same guy she doesn't want to see for while. Yeah, that's a clear indication that she's obsessed with him. And so according to you Chloe never really loved Clark? Really? I think your wrong about that.

----- Added 56 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by tariksam
            Isn't the answer you are hoping for. So I won't enter in a discussion with you about that, if you chose to ignore the answers that don't support your position then we are in a moo point here.

My position:

Davis: Have you ever felt that way with anyone before?

Tell me other way to word this question, of COURSE is BEFORE, is not like "Do you feel this with other person RIGHT NOW?"

Of course Davis will think and assume is Jimmy, this before is not PAST.

Chloe in the other hand talks in past "once"

And I repeat really creepy that Chloe is feeling the same that she felt once for Clark now with Davis....that wouldn't make look ANY shipper good and "unique"

So Chloe:

Had a feeling for Clark that now is the EXACT conection she is having for Davis ant the same time she is in love and marrying Jimmy? dude Lana is a freaking saint now compared with Chloe
            Well, to be honest what you said here doesn't make sense. I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful, but I'm just not understanding the logic of what your trying to say. This has nothig to do with the term before. And in the context in which before was used it meant have you ever felt that way with anyone before that's in YOUR PAST? Meaning has she ever felt this way with someone in her past before and she says once *meaning one time in the past with one person*. I don't know why that is so hard to understand for some folks.

Saying, "Have you ever felt that way with anyone before?" is not like saying, "Do you feel this with other person right now?"

One is past tense and one is present. Before is past. The keyword isn't before though its once, and in the context it was used it meant one.

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Thanks Kalista. here's my take then.

Which that means they were talking about somebody she has feelings for in the present not in the past. That is why Davis assumed she was referring to Jimmy when she said once because Chloe is about to get married to Jimmy. And I'm sure Davis already assumes Chloe is in love with Jimmy and has had the same connection she has with him with Jimmy. The once reference was to say she shared that connection one time in her past with one other person. Davis assumed that because she is marrying Jimmy that one other person is Jimmy.

But anyway, I rest my case I think I've explained my POV the best way I can and I guess well just have to agree to disagree on this one.
            Last edited by Inkpen23; 10-26-2008, 10:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
              That doesn't bode well for Chimmy.
              Jimmy is a nice kid, but his constant teary eyes and crying will cost Chloe too much in Kleenex in the long haul, so he will be history (with her) sooner than later.

Both George (?, the guy in ClarkMan's alternative future episode) and our soon-to-be Doomsday are both very masculine looking males and Jimmy is still a nice little wussie-boy.

Comment

Of course,she doesn't share the same bond with Jimmy.He is her soulmate,her true love.What she is feeling for Davis is the same obssession that she had with Clark in the past.

Comment

Chloe is now accused of being obsessed with Davis!? How? I just don't see how thats even possible, she told him she doesn't want to see him anymore.

What I got out of the conversation was she was referring to Clark. That she has only felt very easy with her relationship with Clark and only Clark. PS3 could have had her say yes with her and Jimmy to further cement Chimmy- I was expecting they would've, but they decided to crack open the Chlark door- while in Committed it seemed as if it would be closed forever. PS3, pick as side please.

Though here's a tip: Pick Chlark

Comment

Originally posted by Inkpen23
                    Which that means they were talking about somebody she has feelings for in the present not in the past.
                    no, that's not what it means. it means at some point, from the beginning of her romantic life until now, she has felt that way one time. that is the correct grammatical explanation of the present perfect tense being used. Davis assumes she means Jimmy at present because she is marrying Jimmy.. that's a logical deduction to make. if you were getting married, and you told me you've felt at ease with one man in your life, i'd assume it was the guy you were going to marry. however, she means Clark i agree, but there is nothing whatosever to suggest that with Clark, it means now; that's a leap of logic. it doesn't discount it mind you, but the deduction you're making on its own is not supported. this is why we have to look at other events from the show to determine whether we feel Chloe is still in love with Clark now or not. i'm not trying to draw any specific conclusion..i'm simply taking the show is it is being presented to me and the language it is using.

Comment

It's Chlark, but in the long-lasting platonic sense.

Clark's her BFF and even Clark said something to the effect this season that no one will have what they have together. As in a deep, abiding friendship that endures. Davis probably thought it was in the romantic sense, 'cause he's the one on the verge of a Chloe-obsession and couldn't possibly get what Clark and Chloe have developed over seven years.

Sadly, Jimmy's going to be an afterthought in that particular triangle. Someone get him Kat Grant's number.

Comment

Originally posted by luvinChlark
                        Chloe is now accused of being obsessed with Davis!? How? I just don't see how thats even possible, she told him she doesn't want to see him anymore.

What I got out of the conversation was she was referring to Clark. That she has only felt very easy with her relationship with Clark and only Clark. PS3 could have had her say yes with her and Jimmy to further cement Chimmy- I was expecting they would've, but they decided to crack open the Chlark door- while in Committed it seemed as if it would be closed forever. PS3, pick as side please.

Though here's a tip: Pick Chlark

It's obvious that she is starting to have the same feelings for him that she once had for Clark.That's what she was talking about when Davis questionned her.Then she thought about Jimmy:Oh,wait!What am I doing here,I'm getting marry in a few weeks.Go to go Davis.Can't see you for a while...That was so convaincing
                        Last edited by Sweetie; 10-26-2008, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                          'cause he's the one on the verge of a Chloe-obsession and couldn't possibly get what Clark and Chloe have developed over seven years.
                          He was on the verge of tears when she walked away. Things are going to get really creepy.

Sadly, Jimmy's going to be an afterthought in that particular triangle.
                          That's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
                            He was on the verge of tears when she walked away. Things are going to get really creepy.
                            Things are already WAY creepy. That whole scene was creepy with him pushing to aknowledge that those feelings for Clark were a sign that they felt a romantic connection. Davis is way too agressive. It's kinda sexy at the moment, but I think it's going to scary territory fast.

Comment

no, that's not what it means. it means at some point, from the beginning of her romantic life until now, she has felt that way one time. that is the correct grammatical explanation of the present perfect tense being used. Davis assumes she means Jimmy at present because she is marrying Jimmy.. that's a logical deduction to make. if you were getting married, and you told me you've felt at ease with one man in your life, i'd assume it was the guy you were going to marry. however, she means Clark i agree, but there is nothing whatosever to suggest that with Clark, it means now; that's a leap of logic. it doesn't discount it mind you, but the deduction you're making on its own is not supported. this is why we have to look at other events from the show to determine whether we feel Chloe is still in love with Clark now or not. i'm not trying to draw any specific conclusion..i'm simply taking the show is it is being presented to me and the language it is using.
                              Yes it does. It means she has felt that way once *one time in her life with one other person*. She wasn't saying her feelings for that particular person are in the past and that she's over that person, she was saying she felt that way once *one time with one other person*. And I agree Davis assumes she was referring to Jimmy because she is marrying Jimmy AND because she said ONCE. Meaning *one time with one other person.* Davis assumed that once she was referring to was *ONE TIME ONLY WITH ONE PERSON AND THAT PERSON TO DAVIS WAS JIMMY*. Which meant, that when she said once she wasn't talking about past feelings she had. She was talking about sharing this connection *one time in her life with one other person*. And when Davis asked her about that *one other person* Davis assumed that *one other person was Jimmy because of the stated reasons above*. If Davis was asking her about someone in her past then he would have not assumed she was talking about Jimmy. But he assumed she was talking about Jimmy because she said once. Not once as in the past, but once as in *one time with one person*. What is a leap of logic is to assume that she was talking about someone in her past when it's clear when she used the term "once" she was referring to *one time only with one person* .

Comment

Originally posted by Black Panda
                                Davis is way too agressive. It's kinda sexy at the moment, but I think it's going to scary territory fast.
                                I wonder how they meet again. I can see him showing up at Isis using some lame excuse about needing to see her.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎