Collapse
No announcement yet.

Davis: "Jimmy?" Chloe: "No"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the part that we forget what happen in the episode before this one and pretend that this is the only episode from season 8?

Cause I am pretty sure it was more than clear Chloe is not in love with Clark anymore, therefore she is talking in past tense here.

And of course Davis would assume she was talking about Jimmy, for all he knows Jimmy is the only guy Chloe has been in love with, Davis doesn't know that Chloe was part of the "I love Clark" Club

Comment

Originally posted by Inkpen23
      I don't think it was a matter of past tense. She said she felt that way once meaning I felt that way *one time only with ONE other person* not that her feelings for that particular person are in the past. If you look at the context of the question and the conversation between Chloe and Davis, Davis didn't ask Chloe have you ever felt this way before? That wasn't the question! He asked her have you ever felt that way with anyone before? And she said once meaning she felt that way one time before with ONE PERSON. So essentially Davis was asking her how many other people have you felt this connection with? And we get the confirmation that they were talking about the number of persons Chloe has had this connection with when Davis ask her was that one person Jimmy? In which she says no.

If they were talking about someone she had past feelings for (that she is supposedly now over) then why did Davis assume she was talking about Jimmy? She is about to marry Jimmy, so it really doesn't make any sense for them to be referring to someone she had past feelings for in the past. They were talking about someone she has feelings for in the present. One would assume, as Davis did, that she would have those same feelings and connection she feels with Davis with Jimmy, since she is about to marry Jimmy. And those feelings would not be something of the past. They would be of the present with Jimmy. So, yeah they are talking about someone she has feelings for in the present but she only felt that way once meaning *one time only with one other person* in her past.
      Awesome post. That makes a lot of sense.

Comment

If they were talking about someone she had past feelings for (that she is supposedly now over) then why did Davis assume she was talking about Jimmy? She is about to marry Jimmy, so it really doesn't make any sense for them to be referring to someone she had past feelings for in the past. They were talking about someone she has feelings for in the present. One would assume, as Davis did, that she would have those same feelings and connection she feels with Davis with Jimmy, since she is about to marry Jimmy. And those feelings would not be something of the past. They would be of the present with Jimmy. So, yeah they are talking about someone she has feelings for in the present but she only felt that way once meaning *one time only with one other person* in her past.
        Exactly. This would have been a good opportunity to cement the surface nonsense from Committed, that Chloe and Jimmy are a solid couple. She could have responded, that she felt that with Jimmy. Yet, once again, the security of the relationship is being questioned.
        Last edited by Kalista; 10-26-2008, 09:08 AM.

Comment

In my opinion this is Brian and Kelly's way to say us that Chloe is developing an unhealthy relationship with Davis just as she used to have with Clark, you know:

- Blind trust.
          - Leaving her own life appart for being with the guy.
          - Damaging her relationship with her couple and friends to support this guy.
          - Doing grey things for him.

She grew up fromClark because she wanted to be happy with Jimmy, but now she is making the same mistake with Davis, and she'll pay it, poor thing, you put your trust in the wrong person this time.
          Last edited by celita; 10-26-2008, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tariksam

Cause I am pretty sure it was more than clear Chloe is not in love with Clark anymore, therefore she is talking in past tense here.
            I propose the question to you again. If they were talking about someone she had past feelings for in the past then why did Davis assume she was talking about Jimmy? Answer the question. One would assume that they were talking about someone she has feelings for in the present since she is about to marry Jimmy.

Comment

The key word is past. The fact that Chloe felt for Clark this way before (and again feeling the same for Davis now) doesn't mean she is feeling that NOW.

She will obviously never have the same connection with Jimmy, my bet is that he thinks is Jimmy cause its not love yet, its attraction so he would assume she had the same connection of attraction with Jimmy at the beginning before falling in love.

Comment

I propose the question to you again. If they were talking about someone she had past feelings for in the past then why did Davis assume she was talking about Jimmy? Answer the question. One would assume that they were talking about someone she has feelings for in the present since she is about to marry Jimmy.
                Exactly. Furthermore, her response of "Once" was not a timeframe, but that she has only ever shared this type of "bond" one time ever. With Clark.

Comment

Does anyone have the exact dialogue of the exchange?

Comment

Originally posted by meteor
                    Does anyone have the exact dialogue of the exchange?
                    Here it is.

Chloe: ...besides, everything with you is so...

Davis: ...so easy

Chloe: Yeah, easy.

Davis: Have you ever felt that way with anyone before?

Chloe: Once.

Davis: With Jimmy?

Chloe: No.

Comment

Davis: Have you ever felt that way with anyone before?

Chloe: Once.

Davis: With Jimmy?

Chloe: No.
                      Aha better, that before doesn't mean PAST for Davis.

There was not other way to word that question

Comment

Originally posted by Kalista
                        Here it is.
                        Thanks Kalista! There you go. She isn't talking about "past tense" ~ Chloe currently has that type of emotional bond with Clark, not Jimmy. And she's only felt it ONE time before.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayanne
                          Chloe is in love with Clark, she always has been. I never bought the garbage saying otherwise from Committed. She's infected with Brainiac, which totally has the capacity to influence Chloe's actions & words.

It's Clark.
                          So, Braniac is able to influence Chloe's actions, but he used that to help Chimmy's weeding?

Let's see,what would be more important to Braniac?:

1- Chloe married with unpowered just human Jimmy Olsen.
                          2- Or Chloe close to the guy able of killing Kal El?, making him put his trust in "infected and controled Chloe", which would mean, having doomsday trusting Braniac.

If Braniac influenced Chloe's actions already, it would be to make her close to Davis,not to get her married with Jimmy. Unless Braniac is gay and Jimmy is his tipe of course.

Comment

Thanks Kalista! There you go. She isn't talking about "past tense" ~ Chloe currently has that type of emotional bond with Clark, not Jimmy. And she's only felt it ONE time before.
                            That doesn't bode well for Chimmy.

Comment

No the funny thing is that when Chloe does something convenient for some Its 100% her, when she doesn't' it Brianiac...so Brianiac comes and goes however the situation its or not convenient for Chlark

Comment

Originally posted by tariksam
                                The key word is past. The fact that Chloe felt for Clark this way before (and again feeling the same for Davis now) doesn't mean she is feeling that NOW.

She will obviously never have the same connection with Jimmy, my bet is that he thinks is Jimmy cause its not love yet, its attraction so he would assume she had the same connection of attraction with Jimmy at the beginning before falling in love.
                                Well, I see you're not going to answer my question huh? I guess you don't have an answer because what you wrote here isn't an answer the to the question.

And no the keyword is not past. It's once, and in which the context it was used it did not mean past tense. It meant one.

She should have the connection/attraction to Jimmy because she is getting married to Jimmy and she should already be in love with Jimmy. Davis assume she would have this connection with Jimmy because she is about to marry Jimmy not because the connection/attraction she has with Davis. Your answer doesn't answer the question and I can already see you don't have an answer to the question.

Well, the question is still out there if anyone wants to answer it.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Exactly. Furthermore, her response of "Once" was not a timeframe, but that she has only ever shared this type of "bond" one time ever. With Clark.
                                That's the point!
                                Last edited by Inkpen23; 10-26-2008, 09:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎