No announcement yet.

Jimmy...is he just naive?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy...is he just naive?

When Jimmy went to Davis....was it just me, or did he seem completely oblivious to Davis's feeling or potential motives towards Chloe?When Jimmy said "I checked her phone to see who she's hanging out with..." I think most people would have chuckled...but Davis looked like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Then Davis wont agree to take Jimmy along until he says "then do it for Chloe?" And finally...Davis was just plain cold around Jimmy.

So either Jimmy has to be the most trusting/naive guy in the world. Or he's a super genius thats playing one heck of a mind game. Maybe he knows there's something between Chloe/Davis but he isnt worrying about it...and instead he's using Davis to his advantage???

I know what you mean. I think he was so wrapped up in finding out about who the killer was and being on the scene with a paramedic he sort of didn't seem to care. I also think it was more obvious to us as viewers because we know the background and all that whereas Jimmy has never even talked to Davis and doesn't really know how Chloe and Davis's relationship is. He can be a little naive sometimes so yea maybe that was part of it. Plus he just got to fully trusting chloe and getting over the clark thing that he's not all ready to be paranoid about someome she just met. Hope that made sense.

Comment

I was thinking about that and I agree with chlarked foever89 about it being easier for the viewer to realize.

But then I also didn't like how Jimmy just toyed with Chloe being with other guys and didn't care much about it when he brought up Chloe while talking to Davis, but then he's so quick to point fingers at Chloe and Clark when they hang out.

Comment

Yeah. I agree. I think it's because he's jealous of Clark and Chloe's history. Whereas other guys don't have that history. He's a pain...thats all I can say personally. why Chloe why? I mean great reporter, photographer and he's on it, but gah!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chlarked_foever89
          I know what you mean. I think he was so wrapped up in finding out about who the killer was and being on the scene with a paramedic he sort of didn't seem to care. I also think it was more obvious to us as viewers because we know the background and all that whereas Jimmy has never even talked to Davis and doesn't really know how Chloe and Davis's relationship is. He can be a little naive sometimes so yea maybe that was part of it. Plus he just got to fully trusting chloe and getting over the clark thing that he's not all ready to be paranoid about someome she just met. Hope that made sense.
          No...it made complete sense! No worries!
          And I agree...it's easy for me to see it...they've laid it all out for me, so maybe Jimmy really doesnt see it?

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by minerva73
          I was thinking about that and I agree with chlarked foever89 about it being easier for the viewer to realize.

But then I also didn't like how Jimmy just toyed with Chloe being with other guys and didn't care much about it when he brought up Chloe while talking to Davis, but then he's so quick to point fingers at Chloe and Clark when they hang out.
          Yea, it didnt make a lot of sense to me. Maybe he was playing down his emotions because he wanted something from Davis? Which is why I'm confused about Jimmy's motives...either he is naive or a genius....

He must really not see Davis as a threat, or he is learning to trust Chloe more. Either way, I thought it was low the way Jimmy kind of used chloe as a pawn to get what he wanted...."Then do it for Chloe?" To me that screams "fine...if you wont do it for me, I know Chloe means a heck of a lot to you....so do it for her!"

Ugh, I just dont know! I think this is the first time Jimmy Olseon has me puzzled!
          Last edited by AndiGirl; 10-23-2008, 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Jimmy will do anything for a photograph or a story. I have a feeling this means he would "use" his fiance to get what he wants and then brush it off like it's all davis's or clark's fault you know?

Comment

Ug. I didn't like that he used Chloe but... I think Jimmy's a good guy. He's not going to blame anyone for it. He'd just come clean about it when push came to shove the way he did in Fallout.

Anyway, it may be that Jimmy was just preoccupied but I REALLY HOPE that after all that suspicion about Clark, Jimmy has made a conscious decision to trust Chloe. No matter how hot her guy friends are. I was overjoyed that after the last episode Jimmy seems to have his insecurities in check. I may be wrong. *sigh*

Comment

I think this episode showed how both Chloe and Jimmy are naive in some respects.

Comment

After last week with Chloe hooked up to a lie detector saying that she has only really loved Jimmy, I think he just feels totally secure. He's not looking for competition, so he doesn't see it.

Comment

^I agree.

Originally posted by Vergon6
                    I think this episode showed how both Chloe and Jimmy are naive in some respects.
                    Hmm... that's interesting. There is something naive about both of them... in different ways. Maybe innocent is a better word. Trusting? Hmm...

Comment

Both Chloe and Jimmy are naive, honestly lol.

Comment

Jimmy is a bit naive, yes, but I think after the whole Clark past feelings incident he just trusts Chloe, and when Chloe walked away from Davis when he was kinda coming on strong she really proved that she was worthy of that trust. *shrugs* So cheers to Chimmy all around as far as I can tell.

Comment

Davis was creepy in that hospital scene when he asked Jimmy if he was ready to catch a killer. Davis looked like he was about go all Doomsday on Jimmy in the ambulance. I wonder if Davis will hurt Jimmy at some point.
                          Last edited by Kalista; 10-24-2008, 12:48 AM.

Comment

^Oh I hope not. Clark will save Jimmy. LOL!

Comment

He's so insecure about Clark he can't even fathom the idea of anyone else liking her. Therapy, Olsen. It's not a bad thing..

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎