Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music from "Prey"

Score? Licensed songs? Discuss the music!

I was just thinking the other day that there seems to not be much promotional/lyrical music this season. I mean, I am used to the closing credits saying "Tonight's Smallville featured music from..."

*sigh*

I think like what people have said in the other episode boards for this season, Smallville has matured, so it's probably going to feature more instrumental/epic music.

Just my 2 cents...

Comment

No music yet again in this episode. I hope they aren't planning a season 7 music cd because there'd only be about 2 songs on it..

Comment

Originally posted by cabbagestew
        I was just thinking the other day that there seems to not be much promotional/lyrical music this season. I mean, I am used to the closing credits saying "Tonight's Smallville featured music from..."

*sigh*

I think like what people have said in the other episode boards for this season, Smallville has matured, so it's probably going to feature more instrumental/epic music.

Just my 2 cents...
        I think it's more to do with the budget.

Comment

Even if the budget is low... i think there are way to feature music on smallville... a contest where indie bands send his music and the winner get to be in one episode... i think that will be one way... perhaps

Comment

By featuring little known artists on smallville it does the artist a favor........ There is no way they would be paying large sums of money to these artists no one has heard of to promote their music. If anything, the record labels should be paying Smallville to promote the music. I can't see how the budget would be out of whack by using the pop tunes.

For the record, I like the film score approach better, but I'm a band teacher so It's likely a bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Roig
              Even if the budget is low... i think there are way to feature music on smallville... a contest where indie bands send his music and the winner get to be in one episode... i think that will be one way... perhaps
              I agree that there probably is a way to do it. And it would be good advertising for lesser known acts. But it doesn't seem to be happening at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Roig
                I think that would be a cool idea. I believe OTH did something like that a couple of years back. And I wouldn't mind if SV did it too.

I agree that it should be the indie label that pays SV to play the music, because their music is being exposed, they're going to have a little ad at the end, and a link to their music will be on the CW's website.

Comment

No music.

Comment

The MF was listening to something on his MP3 player. I don't know what it was, though.

Comment

Well there's got to be a way to get good music in the show so it will be a win win situation for all of us

Comment

I don't understand how the CW can't even give us a few songs that they've already licensed in other shows...OTH etc...not that I really want songs from One Tree Hill or Gossip Girl for that matter but I'd just really like something at this stage...what happened to the good old days of Pete Yorn and Lifehouse playing in the background of our favourite scenes??

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎