Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 4.06 - Yellow Fever

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here I am, once again late to the party (I was going to be on Ksite yesterday but my stupid computer *screams in rage and has to take deep breath from memories* wigged out on me!).

Anyhoo, first let me say that from the start I knew this was going to be a good one. And also let me say that I laughed so hard at certain points in this episode that my cheeks hurt afterward.

I love how we started out. Dean running from the little dog with the pink ribbon was hilarious. Then we did the flashback thing (something we haven't seen on SPN in some time), which was nice. (and is it me or are the boys spending a lot of time posing as Federal Agents lately?)

Dean holding the heart and Sam getting splashed by "spinal fluid" or whatever. ha. And that autopsy doctor--!

Them cooling their heels waiting for the sheriff and the sheriff's obsession with cleaning his hands.

Dean wanting to avoid the teenagers and Sam's face at that was priceless. Dean driving past the hotel and just all that fun stuff was great.

Was anyone else watching the stuff with the snakes and thinking (well, actually I was think 2 things): c'mon like that big snake going down Dean's leg wasn't totally phallic and also I was thinking about Jensen's love for Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones and how at least Dean isn't (or wasn't?) afraid of snakes!

"Eye of the Tiger" and Dean rocking out to it? Hi-lar-ious! But him not wanting to go up to the 4th floor cause it's "too high"? Even better. Also I love that the disease only attacks "dicks" and how it left Sam alone (yeah, our Sammy is too much of a sweetie!). Of course now I have heard the Krip's statement and the theories (I have to agree with the Bloody Mary thing) and it places a whole new spin on that scene!

Agents Tyler and Perry, I almost forgot that. That was perfect and how people caught the reference. I loved that.

Investigating the Mill and Dean's "I'm not going in there. It's scary." But the best part, really the fantastic part was when the cat jumped out and Dean (Jensen) screamed like a girl in horror flick! I'd be interested to know if that was really Jen or if that was overdubbed cause it sounded really girly! And then him running away after they find the ghost?

The scene by the Impala where Dean gets fed up? That one is so great I don't even have the words. Dean's "you don't like being trapped in a car with me for 8 hours right?" and "we're insane!" and "I'm annoying" and about Sam being gassy? (BTW, those 5 tapes that Dean listens to over and over and sings along with? Motorhead, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Led Zep, and....? I can't figure out what the 5th would be. The other ones have all been mentioned previously but what's the fifth? Any guesses?)

And did anyone else, when Dean was all "I'm done, I'm out" want to scream at him "Hey! Sam tried that well before you did, jackass! Remember, he ran all the way to California? Didn't work, did it? So suck it up, hunter!" also it bothers me that Dean was so gung ho about hunting up until about the time their father died and then suddenly he becomes Sam and wants out of the life? That always seemed like a big switch to me.

The scene in the motel where they are sitting on the beds and Dean is all scared? I was waiting for a hug or an arm around Dean or even a "hold me, Sam, I'm scared" (jokingly!) from Dean. Instead we get one of Dean's great fears--that Sam will become the YED and go darkside and kill him. (I watched that scene and thought 2 things--
    1.) Dean should know better/trust Sammy more.
    and 2.) those contacts must have been a pain for Jared. I mean, I've heard Fred talk about how he couldn't see and how they hurt when he was the YED so....)

The hunt....this time the hunt wasn't that interesting (it was actually kinda confusing for me, I'm woman enough to admit that!). Though it did break my heart to have Luther's backstory told. Total hankie alert.

Bobby! Once again Bobby Singer helps save the day! Also, did anyone notice that Bobby actually drives the Impala? It's true. (BTW, that brings the total of people who have driven the Impala onscreen to 5!) I sat there thinking "well, I guess Sam makes better bait but still only Winchesters should drive Metallicar!" (yes, I'm a freak that way!)

Dean and his nightmare hallucinations. He's afraid of going back to hell, obviously but adding Lilith in there? Nice touch. Seeing as how she's the big bad who sent him there he would be afraid of her. Should be interesting next time they meet. I wonder if he'll be scared then?

The scene with the boys and Bobby (and can I saw that both Jared and Jensen looked particularly hot in that scene? Dean in that gray shirt, showing off his arms and Sam in that blue looking so pretty? Yum!) was wonderful! Dean's bravado, Bobby's protectiveness and then them making fun "awww, isn't he cute?", all wonderful.

But then--! Oh but then! Sam's eyes flashing like that? A holdover from the ghost sickness? Dean's imagination? Or something more.....? *insert sinister laugh here*

Then of course there was the "special feature". I was just watching a clip from a con where Jared talks about how Jensen is funny in real life and how that translates to him being funny onscreen. He's right. That...that was pure unbelievable chuckalicous goodness! (I had found out about it the day before the ep was to air so I knew it was coming but it exceeded expectations!)

Jensen is my hero for doing that and letting them record it and show it.

I'd heard that this episode was going to be funny but this--! Up there with Mystery Spot, dudes! (which is was kinda similar to. I also thought it was sorta like Dead in the Water with the whole 'secret' and the Sheriff being a bad guy and cover up and that.)

Just another great episode from the gang at SPN (and a nice break before we dive back into the angst!)! I've said it before, I'll say it again: Season 4 is rockin' out loud!

Comment

• For your pleasure, here's the Dean Winchester scream mix!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• I love how Dean was clutching the bible when his time was about to run out.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionelLuthor
          For your pleasure, here's the Dean Winchester scream mix!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SuRp...eature=related

That was so funny! Did you make that? Great job! I'm gonna have to remember that one.

That has instantly become a classic supernatural scene. I hope there are some bloopers/outtakes of that shot, heck the whole episode, on the DVD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit Detective
            I love how Dean was clutching the bible when his time was about to run out.
            Funny, as I watched that scene all I could think was "where's that bleeping angel?!" and wondering why Dean wasn't cussing Castiel out!

Comment

• It would have been hilarious if he was singing Remy Zero's "Save Me"

Oh wait, wrong show

Comment

• Originally posted by chole_fan

That was so funny! Did you make that? Great job! I'm gonna have to remember that one.

That has instantly become a classic supernatural scene. I hope there are some bloopers/outtakes of that shot, heck the whole episode, on the DVD.
                Haha I wish I made that but I can't take the credit
                Agreed that it's now up there with classic Supernatural moments!

Comment

• I don't know if the writers did the whole Dean rocking out to Eye Of The Tiger on purpose but here's a line of dialogue from "No Rest For The Wicked":

Sam: "I think you totally should have been jammin' 'Eye Of The Tiger' right there."

Comment

• Yellow Fever #1 - Angel the Lord Angels aren't cute and fluffy. They're warriors of god, powerful, edgy, and menacing. Your knees would be shaking if you cam...

Not really worthy for a new thread in CE section.

God I love this episode, can do so many things with Dean being scared xD

Comment

• Came across an interesting clip today.

Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki share how the "Eye of the Tiger" clip came about. They also share some interesting data regarding the cat scream on Yellow ...

It's an interview by the CW Source, and Jensen and Jared talk about how the Eye of the Tiger scene came about and more.

I can't wait for the season 4 gag reel.

-----

Apparently a new SPN promo, featuring the Jensen scream but it's a new one! (If you watched the above clip you'd know they took a few shots and he did some pretty wacky stuff. He said they might be on gag reel)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Surely this is one of the takes. Hilarious the way he jumps up and down.

Comment

• So glad this episode was on tonight. I really need the extra laugh. Plus they kept the Eye of the Tiger in it!

Comment

• OOOO Yellow Fever is on tonight??

*Goes to watch*

Comment

• They kept Eye of the Tiger at the end!!!

I'm glad I watched this episode tonight, I needed a good laugh!

There are too many awesome parts to point out, but pretty much whenever Dean gets 'scared' is hilarious

Comment

• Hey, started watching supernatural about 2 months ago and i'm nearly caught up. Keep getting better and better.

I just paused yellow fever, just to rush here and say OMG that was the funniest thing i've ever seen on t.v!

I can't stop laughing at the scream, which is so weird, cause i knew it was coming... but the delivery couldn't have been more unexpectedly hilarious!

Well done Jensen for continuing to prove how amazing you are

Comment

• The funniest episode ever!Dean was hilarous!The plot was ok,but the Dean parts were awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎