No announcement yet.

Does Peter have the Haitian's Power?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Peter have the Haitian's Power?

Ok, People talked about how the Haitian might be the only one who can stop Pa Petreli. But Peter has met the Haitian, right? And while he has Sylar's power, he should have understood all of the powers he absorbed. So couldn't Peter have stopped Pa Petreli?

I don't think Peter can have the Haitian's ability. Not even Sylar, because he's been around the Haitian. Because the Haitian has the ability to turn off the abilities of others, then no ability could be active to absorb or understand his ability. I think it's clever plot device created by the writers to get out of sticky situations, but it makes sense.

Comment

he gets the hatians power in the future so said the comics

Comment

Originally posted by loistickyfingerz
        I don't think Peter can have the Haitian's ability. Not even Sylar, because he's been around the Haitian. Because the Haitian has the ability to turn off the abilities of others, then no ability could be active to absorb or understand his ability. I think it's clever plot device created by the writers to get out of sticky situations, but it makes sense.
        Actually, I think Sylar and Peter could have the Haitian's powers. But none of their other powers would work, while they use it. I even don't think, the Haitian always has this ability, but only, when he needs them (turn on and off, like almost everyone does except for Claire).
        As for Peter, even if h would have the Haitians powers, he still would need to "remember" them to use them (like with flying and healing).

Comment

I thought the Haitian couldn't blcok every power? He didn't blcok Nathan.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
            I thought the Haitian couldn't blcok every power? He didn't blcok Nathan.
            I think he may have let him go on purpose. He was secretly working with Ma Petrelli at the time wasn't he, behind HRG's back... I think the Haitian has the ability to "not block" if he wants to. Or in other words, turn his own ability off when he wants to. And when it's off, I don't think it can be absorbed by others (like Peter). And when it's on, Peter's absorption power is turned off. So I don't think Peter can ever acquire it via absorption.
            Last edited by Xanderman; 10-22-2008, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I have always regard Haitian is the god among Heroes. Apart from Peter who can absorb all powers except for Haitian Second to Haitian. Imagine if Haitian has martial fighting skill. I guess he couldnt be stopped. :P unless gun Apart from blocking powers, he can erase people's memories, which is very cool for people want to forget sad stuff

Comment

could you possiblly use anymore faces in your post? i mean what is so "happy face" about any of your statements? a bit over the top sir.
                Eventually Peter is going to acuire powers that he can combine and do crazy things even take the Hatians power. He could knock him out with a shovel then take it while he is unconsious he can't turn it on or off then.

Comment

My guess is that it would turn off automatically when he is unconsious. That's just logical to me.

Comment

Originally posted by christian_kryptonian
                    My guess is that it would turn off automatically when he is unconsious. That's just logical to me.
                    well, it's been shown that Haitian unconscious stops blocking powers.

but I think it is also kind of established that Peter only absorbs power when the others are using their powers.

So if Peter gets Haitian power in the future like the comic says, the only way is open his skull and do it the Sylar way?

Comment

I dont think that Peter must take Hatian power Sylars way. Haitan can choose who want to block you can see it in FOUR MONTHS AGO in Bobs office Peter cant use his abilities but Elle use electricity so I think if Hatian want he can give his power to Peter

Comment

Good call, man i never thought of that....he gives him his powers after Angela tells him to more than likely...good assumption there but then Pete is def a god!

Comment

No, there is no logical way he could get the Haitian's powers...The Haitian has the perfect power- how can peter absorb it if the Haitian's power block his ability to absorb? It doesn't make any sense. If this was the case, then Peter is all-powerful- and he isn't.

The Haitian's powers work regardless of the conscious state. For example early on when Parkman's power was being blocked in the car when the Haitian had no idea he was there. So if this was the case, then Mr. Petrelli would have had no way to absorb Pete's powers..but he did

Comment

I pretty much agree with everyone else - Peter could not absorb the powers as his own powers have gone while haitians around.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎