Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Lois ask Clark about his powers?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JudasAce
    I'm reminded of a little bit from Lois and Clark where they meet the time traveler Tempus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Nov...eature=related
    Thanks, 'JudasAce', for the video 'Reminder' from L & C: TNAoS. I remember it well. So, are you saying that what Tempus said about Lois may be true? That she is just "galactically stupid" not to have noticed that Clark is Special?

I hate to laugh, but I'm with those who think that she may have some idea that there's something 'Special' about Clark, but it hovers at the back of her mind, IMO. She doesn't give it much thought because whatever she thinks it is, she'll allow him to tell her when he's ready. I'll never think that Lois is 'stupid', because she has such keen Instincts and she's quite Clever and Determined to succeed in every challenge and in all aspects of her life on SV. However, I'm surprised that she hasn't figured out that there's something going on with Chloe.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this. In S2, ep. "Heat", Clark's heat vision was uncontrollable at first. We/& he learned that it was Triggered initially by hormones, sensual or sexual thoughts and feelings. The thing I want to point out is that when Clark & Lana were in the Talon talking and Clark's feelings toward Lana Triggered his heat vision, he scorched the Talon pretty good without Lana noticing that the Heat was coming from Clark's eyes. Visually, it looked like transparent heat waves that only had an outline of movement. The Smallville producers told the SFX team that that's how they wanted it to appear. So, if that's what the characters are supposed to be seeing, it wouldn't be noticeable unless it was focused on by an onlooker, ...NOT in the throes of distress. IMO, that transparent depiction is more Realistic than the heat vision with the red highlights.
    Last edited by Imzadia; 10-21-2008, 08:11 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Comment

Well -- at this point, I think most Lois fans should just accept the fact that she is "Galactically Stupid" (well, I preffered "Galactically Blind") when it comes to Clark. Hell -- In the comics, she only find out the fact that Clark's Superman after she accepted his proposal of marriage.

Like Tempus said there on the video above, the question on how dumb Lois Lane was is just going to be brought up. Apparently, nobody has the answer to that, eh?
      Last edited by kiariclois; 10-21-2008, 08:58 PM.

Comment

It'll be easier if people just accept the fact that Lois will always be blind when it comes to Clark and his power -- no matter in which incarnations

Uno de mis Clips favoritos (Lois & Clark 2x18)One of my favourites clips (Lois & Clark 2x18)

like what Tempus said -- the question on how dumb was Lois Lane keeps coming up. Apparently nobody knows the answer to her -- blindness.
        Last edited by kiariclois; 10-21-2008, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
          Well, I would think that humans can't see it since it would be infra-red, but Lana certainly reacted to it when he used it in Promise. And Isobel & her 2 witches saw it when Clark used it in Spell when they possessed Lana, Chloe, and Lois. I still disagree with heatvision being able to repel objects like it did in Spell and a few other episodes.
          Lana might have reacted to the sparks flying as Clark welded the door back on its hinges.

Comment

The more glaring omission is that Clark was bruised and bleeding from a cut and being knocked unconscious. After his invisible laser eye show filled the room with steam she was completely oblivious to the fact that his cuts and bruises were miraculously healed!

Comment

Good explanation right here

small language warning though.

Sometimes a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist isn't all that bright.From the makers of "William Shatner on the Muppet Show"A Play Cole Productionwritten, dir...

Comment

LMFAO^^

oh I loves it^^

yeah Lois has always been blind to the clark/superman thing

But in all fairness, when he got so scared he supersped down to her without thinking,(she was looking when he did it) he was lucky she was hardly conscious.

I dont think humans see heat vision

and when it was all misty, it was obvious she found it strange that the man had been thrown across the room to her left and clark appeared infront of her, she found it strange. But if I was in that situation I wouldnt not be able to make a conclusion, I would think it was strange but thats it.

Later I get the feelin she'll think that [SPOILER] the red and blue blur did it[/SPOILER]

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                  (which humans could see since Lana saw it in Promise)
                  Lana didn't saw the heat vision. That was actually one of the few good things of Promise, that the heat vision had not SFX or sound from Lana's POV.

Comment

I believe for the most part when the show is feeling consistent that humans cannot see his heat vision and some of his other powers. The effects are there for us the viewers to see.

Comment

Yes, I agree that humans can only see the effects of the heat vision and not the heat vision itself. Another example is in Devoted when Clark used his heat vision to rain steam down on the naughty jocks.

Comment

Lois didn't see him use his powers, at all.

- When he super-speeds down, she's barely conscious and is in a lot of pain. He wakes her up and her first words are, "Find Chloe and Jimmy." As far as she was concerned, she came to when he was breaking her bonds.

- She can see him when he head-butts the bad guy and throws the watch, but that wasn't done with powers... it's all normal to her.

- She doesn't see him use his heat vision to blast the pipe (humans can't see it) & the whole purpose of him doing that was to create enough steam that it would obscure her vision.

- When he broke out of his bonds, beat up the guy, and knocked the buy unconcious, she was struggling to understand what was going on... they showed her hearing what was going on and looking around, trying to make out what was happening (she was clearly scared) and when Clark revealed himself through the haze she kind of blinked, like she was expecting to see him.

- When he broke her bonds, she didn't notice he'd magically healed, because she was avoiding his gaze... she was too embarrassed to look him in the face.

Comment

eas she was awake when he sped down there, she looked round at him as he did it I think. But she was too out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DontCha
                            eas she was awake when he sped down there, she looked round at him as he did it I think. But she was too out of it.
                            Yeah, she was awake, but she was acting all drowsy and out of it.

I don't think it's odd that Lois didn't realize how he got in... but I do think it's odd that the bad guy didn't notice. That was one hole in this episode.

Comment

I agree that Lois couldn't see the heat vision. But she should have noticed his wounds gone, however, I got the impression TPTB wanted us to believe she was in such shock from her admission that she was no longer able to think clearly and that's when Clark asks her if she OK, she says I don't know.

Comment

lol..i never noticed the whole cuts and bruises thing at first but i agree with humans seeing the heat vision.Lois probably didnt see it because of all things that was happening in that moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎