No announcement yet.

Adam's death

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lex'sLover
    Ya.. I thought he would regerate too... GOD that makes me sooo mad! Whats the point of bringing him back if you're just going to kill him off... GRRRRRRR I really liked Adam too.. its not FAIR!
    lol I guess that healing Pa Petrelli But yeah...too bad,it was an awesome character

Comment

I was very surprised that they killed off Adam. I thought they'd keep him around for awhile and help the villians..

Comment

OMG!!! I am so pissed that they killed Adam! I got to be honest, this season in my opinion has not been good at all and Adam's return was like breeze of fresh air... but now he's gone and it at least appears to be pretty freaking permanant.

What was the point of killing him? Adam's blood could have cured Pa Petrelli's problem and if Pa Petrelli was wanting to be immortal then hey guess what, when he snatched Peter's abilities away then he would have gotten it.

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
          What was the point of killing him? Adam's blood could have cured Pa Petrelli's problem and if Pa Petrelli was wanting to be immortal then hey guess what, when he snatched Peter's abilities away then he would have gotten it.
          Exactly, Arthur "Power Stealer" Petrelli didn't need to take Adam's power, which therefore means he wanted Adam dead. I'm not sure they gave a reason why he hated Adam enough to kill him though, did they?

On the subject of Adam rapidly aging and turning to ashes the instant his power was removed, I thought that was completely absurd. Unless Pa Petrelli possesses an as-yet-unseen power to rapidly age a person or turn them to dust upon touch (like a Smallville freak), it was absurd. Just because he no longer regenerates, it doesn't reverse the fact that he had been regenerating for the past 400 years to keep him young. Do people's wounds (like the scarred Nathan) return after injected healing-blood did its thing/was used up and left their system? No. Thus neither should Adam's "aging wounds" instantly surface, because those wounds have already been healed (in fact, they never actually had a chance to manifest as aging damage because of his ability). So dumb. He should have just become mortal (and aged normally) from that point on. The rapid aging-to-ashes thing was likely just done for a dramatic death. (And as others have pointed out, Adam had been around the power-blocking Haitian at the Company, but he didn't just go up in smoke/ashes. Turning off a power is basically the same thing as not having said power. And if it's no longer working to "keep him young", the same thing should have happened as did after Arthur's theft. But it never did, because it's plain ridiculous.)

Part of me doubts Adam will be gone for good. His death was too quick, too pointless (and it made no sense as I explained above). There still seems to be "unfinished business" for his character, like between himself and Hiro for example. Plus, how could they kill off a character as interesting as Adam, one who has been around for centuries, especially when they've BARELY explored that aspect of him at all? There is plenty of story potential for a character with centuries and centuries worth of wisdom and experiences. They had hardly even scratched the surface. So I really hope they bring him back. Maybe Hiro can time travel and save him? It would make for nice irony, given that Hiro refused to time travel to save his own father, who was murdered by this very man (Adam).
          Last edited by Xanderman; 10-22-2008, 02:17 PM.

Comment

yeah i can't believed they killed him off, i hope they bring him back after all nearly everyone who dies, comes back to life lol.

If they don't bring adam back I'm gonna be pissed, i loved his character lol

Comment

Adam's appearance was just pointless. Why bring him for two episodes just to kill him off that way? I thought he was like Claire, invincible (guess not).

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
                Exactly, Arthur "Power Stealer" Petrelli didn't need to take Adam's power, which therefore means he wanted Adam dead. I'm not sure they gave a reason why he hated Adam enough to kill him though, did they?

On the subject of Adam rapidly aging and turning to ashes the instant his power was removed, I thought that was completely absurd. Unless Pa Petrelli possesses an as-yet-unseen power to rapidly age a person or turn them to dust upon touch (like a Smallville freak), it was absurd. Just because he no longer regenerates, it doesn't reverse the fact that he had been regenerating for the past 400 years to keep him young. Do people's wounds (like the scarred Nathan) return after injected healing-blood did its thing/was used up and left their system? No. Thus neither should Adam's "aging wounds" instantly surface, because those wounds have already been healed (in fact, they never actually had a chance to manifest as aging damage because of his ability). So dumb. He should have just become mortal (and aged normally) from that point on. The rapid aging-to-ashes thing was likely just done for a dramatic death. (And as others have pointed out, Adam had been around the power-blocking Haitian at the Company, but he didn't just go up in smoke/ashes. Turning off a power is basically the same thing as not having said power. And if it's no longer working to "keep him young", the same thing should have happened as did after Arthur's theft. But it never did, because it's plain ridiculous.)

Part of me doubts Adam will be gone for good. His death was too quick, too pointless (and it made no sense as I explained above). There still seems to be "unfinished business" for his character, like between himself and Hiro for example. Plus, how could they kill off a character as interesting as Adam, one who has been around for centuries, especially when they've BARELY explored that aspect of him at all? There is plenty of story potential for a character with centuries and centuries worth of wisdom and experiences. They had hardly even scratched the surface. So I really hope they bring him back. Maybe Hiro can time travel and save him? It would make for nice irony, given that Hiro refused to time travel to save his own father, who was murdered by this very man (Adam).
                My thoughts exactly. Nothing at all makes sense about his death. Not in story. Not out of story. The only thing it accomplishes is make viewers go "AH! HE KILLED ADAM. PA PATRELLI IS THE SCARY." It was a cheep thrill. AND if it sticks it really robs season 2 of al ot of its worth.

Comment

With a series full of people that can time travel, don't count him out yet.

I will not read spoilers, so I am just guessing, but I am not counting him out.

Comment

The years caught up with him. Plain and simple

Comment

Well, before I'd jump to conclusions I would like to know if there's something about Adam and Pa Petrelli in the graphic novel. I don't like it at all but some things sometimes are explained there (like why FClaire hate FPeter so much ie)

On the subject of Adam rapidly aging and turning to ashes the instant his power was removed, I thought that was completely absurd. Unless Pa Petrelli possesses an as-yet-unseen power to rapidly age a person or turn them to dust upon touch (like a Smallville freak), it was absurd.
                      I think that we have to see more of Pa Petrelli's power. I'm seeing his power kind like Rogue on X men. She can "take" other mutants powers but at the same she steals life from them when she touches them, even kill them. The power looks very similar *shrugs*

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Oh! and another thing, this show seen to like kill off characters just like that. *glaring to show* yeah, I haven't forget Eden!
                      Last edited by Novak Fan; 10-22-2008, 08:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by RedPhoenix23
                        OMG!!! I am so pissed that they killed Adam! I got to be honest, this season in my opinion has not been good at all and Adam's return was like breeze of fresh air... but now he's gone and it at least appears to be pretty freaking permanant.

I don't agree that this season has been bad at all.. but I do agree with what you said about Adam.. I mean... Honestly.. what was the point of bringing him back if they were just going to kill him off.. its not fricken fair! What a tease! Thats sooo stupid.. I'm still hoping for a miracle.. and he will come back. Cause thats just not right.

And your so right! He could have just taken his blood and like you said.. he could have taken it from Peter when he took his powers... GRRRRRR!!!! It FRUSTRATES ME! As if they kill off such an awesome Character after one season.. especially when it wasnt nessicary

Comment

LOL I won't be surprised if they find a way to bring him!
                          I don't see why they would bring him back for just two episodes, with such a limited amount of scenes.
                          I started to like his character way more in these past 2 episodes and his humor with Hiro/Ando *forgets he killed Hiros dad*. Theres so much more we need of his character.

Comment

they probably killed off adam to show the difference between him and claire because she's meant to be the 'special' one. Most likely that claire can't die after years even if her ability has been stripped from her.

They better bring adam monroe back though

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

the writers probably went with the 'ability' is the only thing that keeps him alive so once its stripped he should of rapidly aged and die.

personally i think they should of just given him some of adams blood and healed mr petrelli and still used adam.
                            Last edited by Kal el of krypton; 10-23-2008, 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman

I agree. How would his body know if he was 400 years or 400 months old. Only his mind knows he's that old.

Comment

I posted this on another thread, it's connected to this discussion so here it is...

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                                AND his death makes no sense, given Adam's power. When the blood wore of in HRG or Nathan did they become dead or burned again, respectively? No. When the Hatian blocked Peter's power did he suddenly regain all the injuries he'd gotten over the years? No. So why did taking Adam's power suddenly make him go Last Crusade?
                                The only way I can see it possibly being explained is that by healing aging damage, he was stopping/preventing something "natural". He was preventing a natural death, as coded for in his dna or something (which is a scientific idea, that aging and eventual death due to it is coded for in our dna). That means Adam's "biological/dna clock" was long-overdue for a death due to aging, and so once his super-regeneration was removed, his dna/biology was finally "freed" to correct itself or fulfill its encoded-for imperative. But for it to be done in an instant like that, including degrading to ashes, is nonsense. I mean bodies degrade to ashes/dust/whatever only after we have been dead a long time, it has nothing to do with DNA coding. If they just had him age fast and die an old man on the floor, I could understand/accept this better, but to make him also instantly become dust is ABSURD.

Anyway, I'm right with you on this Ninth. It was a stupid death. So stupid, so pointless and quick that it begs for a reversal thru time travel (Hiro to the rescue?). Perhaps they intended this for shock value only, and plan on bringing him back later. Because that was way too stupid a way to end his character, from a logical standpoint and also a story standpoint, as you said.

Originally posted by Novak Fan
                                I think that we have to see more of Pa Petrelli's power. I'm seeing his power kind like Rogue on X men. She can "take" other mutants powers but at the same she steals life from them when she touches them, even kill them. The power looks very similar *shrugs*

Oh! and another thing, this show seen to like kill off characters just like that. *glaring to show* yeah, I haven't forget Eden!
                                I think with Adam the explanation has more to do with him being 400 years old. Because afterall Peter didn't die after Arthur sucked him dry (that sounds a little sick, sorry, lol). They're probably following the explanation that I gave above. But the instant dust thing has no explanation--unless a specific power was used to do that. As for Eden, I also didn't like when they killed her off. But I guess since Matt and his dad have a similar power, she was ultimately expendable.

Originally posted by kp1984
                                I agree. How would his body know if he was 400 years or 400 months old. Only his mind knows he's that old.
                                It's probably a DNA/biological clock type explanation (read the beginning of this post)....but it doesn't explain the complete degradation, at all.
                                Last edited by Xanderman; 10-23-2008, 12:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎