Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by number8
    Just wanted to post a short comment, without making a whole new thread.

Love the part where Hiro tried going back in time but still got hit with the shovel. Priceless.

That was pretty funny..I had to laught at that one...

Comment

"Mr African Issac?"
      *chuckles*

Kinda annoyed Adams dead

Comment

Realy good episode I was happy to see the brother against brother fight and Hiro was absolutely funny mr african Issac

Comment

Awesome episode...That's what I loved about Heroes from Season one. The twists...the turns...and the WTF moments. I can't wait till next week!!!

Comment

I have to tell that this season is the best one so far, I'm loving every single episode Good work Heroes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Novak Fan
              I have to tell that this season is the best one so far, I'm loving every single episode Good work Heroes!!!

I agree 100%! This season is awesome!!

Comment

Gave it a 9

Why not a 10?

Simple. This was great, but i truly believe Heroes can be even greater. Like legendary stuff, you know. And when that day arrives, I'll probably pass out at the end of the episode. Only to wake up moments later, thinking that it was the best single piece of television I ever saw... And than I'll give it a 10 of course.

So... can't wait to see next weeks episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I would have given it an 8. I should have given it an 8, it deserved it. But that one scene, that one mind numbingly idiotic scene that just tore down this episode and destroys so much potential in the future....

Good stuff:
                  Hiro, Ando. The forced tension is finally gone. We've returned to a Hiro and Ando that make sense, thank goodness. Plus, one of the coolest characters in the show, African Isaac (the writers just have to read the forums) is now a part of their plotline, and hopefully will help them both grow.

Matt. I didn't buy the Daphne thing in the future, but this Grunberg completely sold it. Also, Elvis the Turtle is almost as cool as Lestat the Pomeranian.

Mohinder. Nathan and Tracy were finally added to this storyline, and while Tracy continues to be boring, Nathan continues to rock, and hopefully this means that Mohinder's storyline will follow suit.

Claire, Meredith, Sandra. So much amazing stuff. Sandra was awesome, instead of being mopey "whine Meredith is a cooler mother than me how can I compete" cliche, she took charge, and showed how, as the biomom said, even if she doesn't a power, she has heart. Puppet guy, especially for being his first major role, was just amazing. And the gun scene rivals the close of Company Man in terms of Power. That's saying a lot.

Sylar, Peter. Peter is whiny. Hopefully he'll become the Future Guy that we've all come to know and love. But he's most definitely not there yet. And apparently the drive of the hunger combined with his inherent stupidity outweighs the logic the Intuitive Aptitude should be giving him. But even with all of this, the Peter/Sylar dynamic was awesome. Sylar saved this plotline. His character becomes more and more fascinating every week.

Finally, we have Daphne. This was definitely Daphne's episode. We finally got to see her true character. The repititious nature of her plotline this episode was perfect in bringing out all her layers too us. She is quickly becoming one of my fave's.

Now, it's time for THE EXTREMELY UGLY.

Adam Monroe. ADAM EXPLETIVE MONROE. IS DEAD. IS EXPLETIVE DEAD.

I've complained about this before. The writers seem to feel the need to kill someone off everytime something major happens. It's too much. We've been desensitized. We no longer gasp in shock as we realize how awesome Mr. Petrelli is that he killed such a major villain. We sigh at the loss of potential in getting rid of the driving force of an entire season after maybe 10 minutes of screentime this go around.

AND it negates Angela's dream and thus any tension that arose from that.

AND his death makes no sense, given Adam's power. When the blood wore of in HRG or Nathan did they become dead or burned again, respectively? No. When the Hatian blocked Peter's power did he suddenly regain all the injuries he'd gotten over the years? No. So why did taking Adam's power suddenly make him go Last Crusade?

In story the death makes no sense.

From a writing point of view the death makes no sense.

It was a cheep shock. Nothing more.

Adam Monroe was wasted on a cheep shock.

6/10

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Doctor
                    AND his death makes no sense, given Adam's power. When the blood wore of in HRG or Nathan did they become dead or burned again, respectively? No. When the Hatian blocked Peter's power did he suddenly regain all the injuries he'd gotten over the years? No. So why did taking Adam's power suddenly make him go Last Crusade?
                    The only way I can see it possibly being explained is that by healing aging damage, he was stopping/preventing something "natural". He was preventing a natural death, as coded for in his dna or something (which is a scientific idea, that aging and eventual death due to it is coded for in our dna). That means Adam's "biological/dna clock" was long-overdue for a death due to aging, and so once his super-regeneration was removed, his dna/biology was finally "freed" to correct itself or fulfill its encoded-for imperative. But for it to be done in an instant like that, including degrading to ashes, is nonsense. I mean bodies degrade to ashes/dust/whatever only after we have been dead a long time, it has nothing to do with DNA coding. If they just had him age fast and die an old man on the floor, I could understand/accept this better, but to make him also instantly become dust is ABSURD.

Anyway, I'm right with you on this Ninth. It was a stupid death. So stupid, so pointless and quick that it begs for a reversal thru time travel (Hiro to the rescue?). Perhaps they intended this for shock value only, and plan on bringing him back later. Because that was way too stupid a way to end his character, from a logical standpoint and also a story standpoint, as you said.
                    Last edited by Xanderman; 10-23-2008, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎