Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois wearing the Football Jersey

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. The fortress and the PZ are two completely different things...I'll give you the jerseys are a little bit similar...But this is grasping at straws..Sorry. That is NOT rehashing a Chlark moment at all...

Comment

Originally posted by RedKRules
      a couple of episode before, I just can`t seem to remember which one ... but he said it ... I thought that was ODD as well ... go figure!!
      I saw a couple people mention that, but I haven't been able to find it. Any chance you can point me in the right direction? I'm trying to find the quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm45
        Perhaps they should have made Lois wear something totally different like some blue or red shirt instead of something that could be similar than what Chloe wore in a Chlark scene.

Just my 0.02 cents.
        I agree. She could have worn the flannel shirt from Crusade that she was wearing later on in the episode.

Comment

yeah right?! like he cared so much for it now ... he even said he was not into sports ..... I was like yeah another brillant lightswitch to his character!

Btw Clark didn`t mind when Chloe took it, he got his ... prize ... well as usual dontcha we will have to agree to disagree ....

The writers are showing me this season is LnC 2.0
          you know im only mesin with ya dont you? I dont mean any foul play.

yep it is..LnC 2.0 which is cool.

To be honest i dont think the Jersey means much to the plot, only that its the prize winning jersey and that its the superman colors. Its more of an anvil to the future rather than symbolic to whats happening right now between the 2.
          Last edited by DontCha; 10-21-2008, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Perhaps they should have made Lois wear something totally different like some blue or red shirt instead of something that could be similar than what Chloe wore in a Chlark scene.

Just my 0.02 cents.
            [MOD EDIT]

And remember how Chloe and Clark were once shown walking down the street together? I have it on good authority we'll see Clark and Lois walk side by side in the future as well.
            It's already happened in the last episode. It'll come as no suprise to anyone that I found the Chlark street walk sexier.
            Last edited by Ginx; 10-21-2008, 09:01 AM. Reason: Violation of Board Rule #10

Comment

I liked how they did this actually!

It resembles boyfriends and girlfriends usually the females wearing their partners jumpers and i think it was a good ideal

Comment

Originally posted by Jade4813
                I saw a couple people mention that, but I haven't been able to find it. Any chance you can point me in the right direction? I'm trying to find the quote.
                We already did and even transcripts were posted but once again facts are ignored, you should get us to it

I mean how you go from "Endorphins are caused for sports too" to "I am not into sports"? its really beyond me

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by DontCha
                To be honest i dont think the Jersey means much to the plot, only that its the prize winning jersey and that its the superman colors. Its more of an anvil than symbolic to whats happening right now between the 2.
                From "simple" to simply "Super"
                Last edited by tariksam; 10-21-2008, 08:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Its weird, I'm not a shipper but I understand how we can be sensitive over our ship and hold onto these special moments. Chlark may not be my cup of tea but this season I kinda of understand the anger (it might be a strong word) over how things are handled.

If they are not doing anything with Chlark they should not only leave it alone and also let the Chlark moments being simply good memories for Chlarkers. Without rehashing them for other ships.

Comment

Originally posted by tariksam
                    From "simple" to simply "Super"
                    ABSOLUTELY!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                      maybe it's not that they're finding it amusing as they are trying to build the character up and grow from his past to his present. For quite a while, Clark has been stuck in the past. People change and I think that whatever the jersey scene meant to you is what it meant to you. And maybe it's their subtle way of continuity (reference to the high school days) since SV has had complaints about that. They've been working in little things (lana's necklace, the SV jersey....)

I don't think it was a deliberate punch at any ship - it's just a cute girl in a guy's shirt (jersey's are comfortable and big, it would have been a good size shirt to grab for Lois to sleep in to keep covered).
                      Yes, I agree. I don't think this was a deliberate attempt to recycle an old scene or to punch the Chlark ship or anything.

I think that was added in to further underscore Clark's development and the changes in his attitude since his high school days. He's more mature and able to handle these sorts of situations now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustmite
                        It's already happened in the last episode. It'll come as no suprise to anyone that I found the Chlark street walk sexier.

Good one, Dustmite!

Comment

MOD NOTE: Just a reminder to not bash other people's ships. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you disagree, please be respectful in your response and leave emotions at the door.

10) DISCUSSION ON THIS BOARD SHOULD AT ALL TIMES BE ABOUT THE SHOWS THEMSELVES OR THE FORUM TOPIC AT HAND.. To that end the following threads or discussions are strictly prohibited:
                          - Insulting fans of a character, ship, or differing viewpoint, including couched insults hidden behind jokes, sarcasm, silly banter, or Emoticons
                          - Psychoanalyzing other fans or posters views, which includes any remarks regarding another members frame of mind or sanity. At ABSOLUTELY NO time is it appropriate to tell another poster that they are in denial or delusional

Thanks

Comment

If they are not doing anything with Chlark they should not only leave it alone and also let the Chlark moments being simply good memories for Chlarkers. Without rehashing them for other ships.
                            With things like the Fever letter, ITA. With things like Clark's jersey...well, I get why Chlarkers would be mad, but I also see that it's entirely possible - even probable - that in their minds, they connect the jerseys to Clark (having been shown to wear them far, far more) than they do with Chlark. It's like I don't think they're thinking of Chloe being dragged to the Fortress when they plan to have [SPOILER]]Lois and Clark taken to the PZ[/SPOILER].

There are moments that ships think of as "their" moments that I think those on the show just don't think of that way.

Again, it's like the shirts thing. A lot of Cloisers were upset when Lana was shown wearing a (different) plaid shirt in "Wrath" but I think the PTB were just looking at it as Lana wearing one of Clark's shirts, rather than Lana taking something that had belonged to "Clois."

Similarly, here, I could see TPTB thinking of the jersey as being something of CLARK'S, not Chlark's. He wore it a lot, it was his jersey, it meant a lot to him.

I think it would be absolutely impossible for them to avoid using anything that a 'ship has claimed as their own. Particularly since, as was just argued, [SPOILER]these connections, like the PZ/FoS dragging, can be tenuous at best. REALLY not the same things, REALLY not the same contexts, REALLY not the same at all but, for some, close enough.[/SPOILER]

Things like the "Fever" letter, they should leave alone because that's a big deal to Chlarkers and there's nothing else that letter could have been representative of and no character it would have been better or more likely tied to than Chlark.

Things like the jersey...I don't know. I think to TPTB there are some times that a jersey is a throwback to a Chlark scene and some times that it's just a shirt Clark used to wear a lot that meant something to him.

In order for TPTB to keep from being accused of "stealing" any thing from one ship to give it to another, they'd have to cancel the show. After all, if at this point, Clark declared his love towards Chloe or Lois, he'd be "stealing" a Clana scene. If he told Chloe he knew she was with another man but he'd realized he loved her; if he begged her not to marry Jimmy; if he declared he wanted to be with her instead... he'd DEFINITELY be "stealing" from Clana. *shudder* Wouldn't matter if the contexts were different, the scenes were different, the background was different. Some people would scream, "Clana did it first and did it better!"

Some things are obvious, like the "Fever" letter. And some things, I think we as shippers have to recognize, are special only to our ship and the members in it. TPTB may not recognize it as being a "ship" thing and so those things very well might get "reused" according to some, just because to TPTB the thing in question had an entirely different non-shippy meaning.

Only way to avoid it is to cancel the show. Several years ago, actually, as I'm sure if we got a Clanaer in here, they'd be able to pick out more than one scene they consider Chlark to have "stolen" from Clana over time.

Comment

It might be possible that the writers are trying to introduce things from Clark's past to give closure to all other past relationships to show that Clark is moving on. While everyone might not like the references to the past, I'm sure they have a purpose in mind and we will see the end progression eventually.

Comment

That was not what he said ....but well carry on!
                                Tariksam is right... he never said he wasn't into sports. In fact, the very fact that he makes the connection that engaging in sports will increase endorphins shows that he is a sports player... his mind immediately goes there and he uses that example.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎