Screentime Totals for Committed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay!! Thanks BadToad!!! Well -- Our girl needs this highest time screen for at least one episode.

Comment

Just a quick question...how do u get these times?

Comment

Thanks, BT.

As much as I dislike it when other characters get 20+ while Clark is 20- at least Lois didn't dominate the episode like Ollie did in Toxic. And I'm glad to finally get a little Chlo-Lo so I have a hard time begrudging her that screen time.

But as a Clark fan I would have nixed Tess from the episode all together and given Clark a chance to interact with someone other than just Lois. (He only had that one with Jimmy and Chloe, right?) I'd have kept Ollie (the jewelry store scene was gold) and had Ollie at the party trying to hook up with some random woman. This would have given Lois even better reason to be drinking and give her speech while playing right into what she said to Chloe later. I'd have also added a Clark and Ollie scene to get Ollie's help in searching for Lois giving Clark a chance to explain how the engagement was a just ruse.

Comment

Wow that's really cool! and interesting to know! thx

Comment

Thanks BadToad.

Originally posted by jwm
            Thanks, BT.

As much as I dislike it when other characters get 20+ while Clark is 20- at least Lois didn't dominate the episode like Ollie did in Toxic. And I'm glad to finally get a little Chlo-Lo so I have a hard time begrudging her that screen time.

But as a Clark fan I would have nixed Tess from the episode all together and given Clark a chance to interact with someone other than just Lois. (He only had that one with Jimmy and Chloe, right?) I'd have kept Ollie (the jewelry store scene was gold) and had Ollie at the party trying to hook up with some random woman. This would have given Lois even better reason to be drinking and give her speech while playing right into what she said to Chloe later. I'd have also added a Clark and Ollie scene to get Ollie's help in searching for Lois giving Clark a chance to explain how the engagement was a just ruse.
            I really like these changes. I wasn't feeling the Tess scenes. Though I did like the mention of the Fortress Crystal for continuity.

Comment

Yay.

I'm sure this will be the only episode this season where Lois tops all. And I'm okay with that. Each cast member should get ONE episode where they are the screentime champion. That means Clark should lead in the other 16 episodes.

Comment

wow Lois had the most time for once, go erica

Comment

Just a quick question...how do u get these times?
                  I download the eps to my computer, then rewatch in Media Player, which has a timer at the bottom. I use my pause button a lot to determine the beginning and ending of a scene for the characters. I've gotten quite proficient at it. It used to take me a while, but I've got it down to a science.

I agree with you jwm. I'm really not sure the Tess/Oliver stuff needed to be in this episode at all. It was the one part that felt jarring in an otherwise smooth episode. I definitely would've worked Oliver into the engagement party, and possibly even carried over some tension from the Clark/Oliver encounter at the end of Toxic. I think that would've added an extra dimension to the jewelry store scene.

I'm OK with a character having more screentime then Clark *if* its only by a small margin, and *if* Clark still has significant screentime. But I'm not so on board with a Toxic like disparity, or the ones we saw in Sleeper & Noir.

Comment

thanks for this

Comment

Thanks again, BT.

I'm happy with these totals. Lois gets an episode where she's at the top, Clark gets a good amount of screen time, Chloe and Jimmy get nice screen time, and Ollie didn't take over the show.

Comment

do you have Screentime Totals for šActionš??

Comment

Yay; I was blind and now I see. I'd been waiting for the screentime rundown and completely missed it yesterday. Now I see it was so worth the wait. Lois and Clark at the top of the list, and Lois on top, where she likes it, lol.

Comment

do you have Screentime Totals for šActionš??
                            I do

Action, running time 40m, 48s

Clark 20m, 4s
                            Lex 6m, 46s
                            Lana 10m, 6s
                            Chloe 4m, 57s
                            Lois 4m, 5s
                            Lionel 8m, 40s

Comment

I knew it seemed like too much Jimmy and Chloe, too much of them is just so boring, and a little too much Oliver near the end. They're still giving too much screen time to too many other characters, for no good reason.

Again, Clark was only in 50% of the episode when he should be in at least 70% of every episode, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by geminis
                                Lois and Clark at the top of the list, and Lois on top, where she likes it, lol.
                                Dammit, Ann. And after I just rewatched the football jersey scene too.

..Baseball, crushed grapes, Rosie O'Donnell, Lana holding Superman's cape..

..Baseball, crushed grapes, Rosie O'Donnell, Lana holding Superman's cape...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎