Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Committed"

Discuss the special effects from Committed here!

I'm so glad we're getting to see his other powers again. Heat vision and superbreath this week, x-ray vision last week, superhearing almost every week.

The superbreath effect was my favorite.

Comment

I'm 98% sure they are keeping the budget heavily confined so that they can do something big with Doomsday. Every episode looks good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid-Prince
        I'm 98% sure they are keeping the budget heavily confined so that they can do something big with Doomsday. Every episode looks good though.
        Yeah I think that too!

Comment

He used THREE powers in a row back to back to back! First he supersped, then he used his super hearing, then he used Superbreath!!! yeah!

Comment

Ok I must be blind, I didn't notice when Clark used his superbreath Was it when he and Lois were in the lie detector chairs??

Comment

Originally posted by Karafan1
              Ok I must be blind, I didn't notice when Clark used his superbreath Was it when he and Lois were in the lie detector chairs??
              He used it to blow open the door where Lois was being held.

Comment

Ok..I thought he just superspeeded through it..

Comment

Originally posted by Karafan1
                  Ok..I thought he just superspeeded through it..
                  Nope.

Comment

Just watched that scene again and it was superbreath..Haven't seen that power for awhile..

Comment

Liked how and when they were used. Also like that we are seeing two or three of them in combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid-Prince
                        I really hope that is the case other wise I'd be worried. It was nice to see him use a few of his abilities though, especially superbreath, which has been underused.

Comment

Originally posted by Routh
                          I'm so glad we're getting to see his other powers again. Heat vision and superbreath this week, x-ray vision last week, superhearing almost every week.

The superbreath effect was my favorite.
                          I was very pleased with all the effects, especially the ones in the service of Clark Kent using his abilities.

I could not tell if Clark was using superbreath or freeze breath, but thought it was cool that he had the forethought to use something other than his super-shove.

He also had the forethought to use his heat vision to cause steam/fog in order to create some "smoke and mirrors" for Lois while he freed himself and took out the jeweller. Although I did wonder if Lois could see the fire from his eyes. Is that an effect similiar to the glowing green kryptonite that only the viewing audience sees, not the characters themselves?

Comment

Yeah I think only the audience can see the heat vision.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarro345
                              Yeah I think only the audience can see the heat vision.
                              I think the "heat" from his heat vision is just a special effect done for the audience's benefit so we know what he is doing. I think it is similar to the blurring of his colors when he super-speeds. We see the blur so we know that he's super speeding. To the other characters, it would be like the "view from Lana's perspective" in Promise during Season 6: no blurring, it just looks like he disappears in thin air.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎