HRG and Sylar

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the highlander
    Horned Rimmed Glasses.

I think they meant what does he stand for as in what does he believe in, not as in what do the letter stand for...but that was funny.

Bennett was the guy I could relate to the most in the past, as I am the type that would also do anything to protect my family, and to be honest I might have tried to off Sylar right there as well for hurting my child, so I can totally see him doing the things he does strictly for that...however...its time to move on from that. Give him something else to do.

Comment

HRG acted like himself in this episode.He doesn't trust Sylar after what he did to his daughter.I would have done the same thing to protect my family.But,I loved Sylar's reaction,staying calm trying to spread some confusion between daughter and father as he did last season with the latino twins.I enjoyed the evil smile at the end,it's like he's saying:can't beleive it's working!!!He is easilly my favorite this season
      Last edited by Sweetie; 10-14-2008, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by warriorrenegade
        Also could the writers give HRG some other motivation besides "protecting my family" it's getting old. He has to be doing this for some other reason...what is it?
        As a husband and the father of a little girl, trust me on this... he really doesn't need another reason. His motivation is entirely real to me. I would do just about anything to protect my family, and I can't even begin to imagine what I'd do being a father without powers in a world where my daughter had them and was in constant danger as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Kardiac
          As a husband and the father of a little girl, trust me on this... he really doesn't need another reason. His motivation is entirely real to me. I would do just about anything to protect my family, and I can't even begin to imagine what I'd do being a father without powers in a world where my daughter had them and was in constant danger as a result.

Exactly...however, from the standpoint of a television series and entertainment...something needs to change for them to keep it interesting. But I agree, as a daddy to a little girl here as well, there is nothing I would not do to keep her safe. As I have said before, when it comes to my daughter, the entire rest of the world is expendable if thats what it would take to keep her safe.

Comment

Originally posted by the highlander
            He has always known HRG wants to kill him. Sylar has super hearing also, so he could hear what they were saying.
            Actually, he doesn't still as far as we know. Thus far we've only seen him use TK and his natural original ability. When he got gutted by Hiro back in season 1, he apparently lost all of his abilities or had them "reset" to the basics with the exclusion of (again) TK. If he had retained his super hearing, he wouldn't have had a problem hearing HRG but from the look on his face he had no clue what was going on and could only hear Claire telling HRG not to do... something.

I could be wrong of course, but it didn't seen like he could hear them over room volume.

Comment

I do like Sylar.
              I didn't agree with HRG trying to get Sylar killed while he was right there, with his superhearing, so he heard every word.
              Pffft.

Comment

sylar is sooo hot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

HRG is like Mahone from Prison Break. He catches bad people(or people he thinks are bad) and Oscar SHales from PB got away until Mahone killed him. HRG is ticked off that Sylar has escaped so many times and that he couldn't protect Claire from getting attacked.

Comment

HRG's ways are pretty brutal..although you can't blame him as he's outta the loop half the time, Sylar was a danger before, and one could be empathetic to his "protecting his family". Although I don't agree with killing as justified, his intentions are completely irrational.

Comment

I don't blame HRG for his reasons to kill to protect himself and the ones he loves. Its self defense. Now him going after Sylar for revenge, not to protect Claire, is murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Superboy2
                        I don't blame HRG for his reasons to kill to protect himself and the ones he loves. Its self defense. Now him going after Sylar for revenge, not to protect Claire, is murder.
                        Agree. Besides I think that HRG is doing right at not trusting Sylar, even if he claims that he really wants to change.

Comment

Sylar looks like he's turing into a nice guy but H.R.G. isn't buying it and neither am I. I'm guessing Sylar will go back to his usual muderous self before the season is over..

Comment

I think that Sylar may end up going back to his old ways simply because nobody wants to give him a second chance.. which would suck because I like the new Sylar.

Comment

besides... he killed jesse in front of HRG... Hence why HRG doesn't trust him. IN the end he sees him the same way.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎