No announcement yet.

Peter Petrelli

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Petrelli

Anyone else a little confused right now as to why Peter needed Sylar's power? I hope they complete that circle and fill in the holes there. I love that he's kinda flipped and now on the dark side while Sylar has flipped and is more of a good guy.

I feel like Peter is more in control of his powers when he's more focused like now - sure he's focusing with anger but he takes action and doesn't second guess as much.

Thoughts on Peter?

Peter's in a Coma, and his Dad is in one too, maybe they have a psychic link like Peter and Deveaux did

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhh maybe Daddy Petrelli has Peter's power to absorb everyone else's power. So maybe he has all the original abilities? He can invade people's minds like Maury Parkman, enter into people's dreams like that black guy from the first season, etc.

Comment

He has all the original abilities??? Wow that'd make him a GOD.

Comment

im sure they'll explain it...after all we know, the future peter told him to find sylar...

Comment

Peter usually just absorbs peoples abilities... so why did he not get "the hunger" when he first met Sylar? Or does he now have control over which abilities he absorbs/doesn't want to have.

Comment

My guess is the irony of Sylar's power of knowing how something works, you have to know how that power works, as Sylar said, if you can fix a watch you could know anything, which is probably how it triggered for Sylar, and knowing how Peter's power works he might have been able to prevent him from taking it, as he did with Eden in the first season, she used her power of persuasion and it didn't work on him so she shot herself.

Comment

Maybe Pa Petrelli has both abilities that Sylar and Peter have and the Future Peter knew if Present Peter could get a hold of both powers he could learn how to stop him and maybe learn how to stop the world from blowing up

Comment

Originally posted by Drakaun
                  My guess is the irony of Sylar's power of knowing how something works, you have to know how that power works, as Sylar said, if you can fix a watch you could know anything, which is probably how it triggered for Sylar, and knowing how Peter's power works he might have been able to prevent him from taking it, as he did with Eden in the first season, she used her power of persuasion and it didn't work on him so she shot herself.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Sylar already answered this question in episode 4. With his power to understand how things work or Intuitive Aptitude he knows how to understand and also see how to fix things no matter what they are. It make sense now why Sylar is like a crockroach or a genius getaway master lol, no matter what situation he's in he can come up of a way to kill someone or get away from the issue. It's that or the Creators just did that on purpose to keep Sylar going for the story. Anyway I think the thing is Sylar has the ability to even understand(grasp the knowledge around him) and turn it to a good/best solution. There's just so many examples of these some bad ones but here are some decent examples of what I mean; Sylar said in the future; "Is that how your power works? Feed off of people strength, I'm not afraid of you." He knew Knox power by using his AI by grasping the situation with possibilities and understand how they work. But in order for him to get the ability he has to kill them. Another example is Season 1 when Future Sylar was disguised as Nathan Petrelli as the president he knew how things work and said it a lot of times; that's why he came up with lots of plans so he could be more special. It all make sense if you view Sylar scenes over and get that he can fix/understand/master of getting away. HENCE Peter needs that ability to save the future to FIX IT.

Comment

the only power syler has is being a fan favorite that is why
                      the writers go to exteme measure to keep him living
                      on the expenss of the show quility

Comment

Originally posted by Seyee
                        Anyway I think the thing is Sylar has the ability to even understand(grasp the knowledge around him) and turn it to a good/best solution.
                        I sure hope that Peter can grasp the power though - sometimes Peter....makes bad choices lol...

Comment

I'm pretty sure since past-Peter met future-Mohinder he would also begin to transform into this crazy bug. Peter's power takes all metahumans and resequences his dna to match. Since Mohinder's transformation is part of the sequence in his dna (as it began when he injected himself). Unless we can assume, which is far-fetched, that Peter's ability has a "mind of its own" that selectively resequences to adaptive abilities only.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                            I sure hope that Peter can grasp the power though - sometimes Peter....makes bad choices lol...
                            So does Hiro... why are the good guys making really bad choices this season? I mean, can anybody be saved? Claire's decided to cath the bad guys (and we know how she turns out in the future), Mohinder's gone insane (and has become an insect), Peter's gone overboard, Nathan and Tracy will become he presidential couple, Hiro killed Ando, Adam Monroe and Parkman's dad are free, Parkman's talking to a turtle and .... Sylar is becoming good. This season is insane!
                            Where have Monica, Micah, Wes, Elle and most other characters disapperared to?

Comment

Originally posted by j-kent
                              I'm pretty sure since past-Peter met future-Mohinder he would also begin to transform into this crazy bug. Unless we can assume, which is far-fetched, that Peter's ability has a "mind of its own" that selectively resequences to adaptive abilities only.
                              I don't think Mo' transference into the bug is a power - I think it's his own body reacting to the syrum - therefore it's not a 'power' to be absorbed - it's a mutation that rests just with Mo'.

I'd like to think that eventually, Peter will be able to filter out abilities or discard unwanted abilities. He just needs some time to develop his own ability.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎