Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professor Stokes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really would like to see Prof. Stokes played by David Selby. IMO he can play just about anything I've seen him play some very different parts and think he could play a very convincing Prof. Stokes.

I enjoy watching him in whatever roles he plays and think that he'd really make a great addition to this show.

When he was playing Count Petoffi on the original show he was certainly different from when he was playing Quentin.

Tori

Comment

Long long time ago, I saw David Selby in a Frankenstein-like tv movie in late seventies, believe me David Selby could play an over top mad scientist or a mad occult professor such as Professor Stokes.

Comment

But Professor Stokes--at least as they played him before--wasn't a mad scientist. He was an elegant man with an elite taste for sherry, overdressed, overstuffed, a little pompous, a little fey, a little emotionally remote, a little stern, and as non-sexual as your great-grandfather's celluloid collar. It was a delicious, over-the-top characterization, about as realistic to the professoriate as Mr. Monopoly is to Donald Trump, but a distinct presence in a soap teaming with dangerous tormented hunks and straight-haired ingenues. Stokes was sharp-witted, which an actor like Selby could play, but fat, sleek, and contented in a way that I think he couldn't. Re-imagine the character and I suppose we could talk about Selby, but the whole point to me was his DIFFERENCE from the tormented lookers on the male side of the cast list, and why would you cast a pluperfect tormented looker, albeit with silvering hair, in such a role?

I know, I know--becuase you want to see him again and want to believe that every actor you like can play every role. It's natural. But I for one don't believe it. To each his/her own fantasy.

Comment

David Selby should have a cameo apppearance at least.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎