Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chlark....actually over?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey go to www.cwtv.com/lounge and voice your support of chlark there, i hear that the writers listen to some comments posted here

Comment

• Not over

Why is Chlark not over?

Well the biggest reason is Chloiac.

Chloe Sullivan is infected with Brainiac and given incredible processing abilities that she used to save Oliver. (Not a spoiler, already shown.)

Because of Brainiac rewiring Chloe's brain, it is clear that the Chlark relationship has taken on a whole new twisted dimension. The enemy is from within, and it is within Clark's best friend. During the Letter Chloe kept cutting Clark off instead of letting him talk. Chloe said that she was over those feelings. Yet this is the same person just a few months ago said, "I love your son." and to Clark "I need you."

So unless a 'lightswitch' happened while Chloe was locked up in Montana about her relationship with Clark and Jimmy, which will be really hard to sell since it was Clark that saved her without powers.

The next reason is that Clark said that he did not know that Chloe felt that way about him. He is just showing his B.D.A. creditials there, but to be fair, it was rare that Chloe let down the mask she wore as best friend. While we, the audience here Chloe's declarations and we were the ones that heard the letter, it was not Clark.

In Devoted Clark said he was not ready to have a relationship with Chloe beyond friends, yet, since the whole thing was caused by Krypto-ade. So all the moments we know that Chloe loves Clark, are not clear to him or how 'intense' her feelings are for him.

From Clark's perspective Chloe has been, and alway will be his best friend first. She did not do what was expected or what he would expect from someone that who wanted to be his girlfriend. So Chloe is Clark's best friend, there is no dispute or doubt about that.

Where does that leave us? Is Chlark over? Not by a long shot, especially with Chloe infected by Brainiac. I can only hope we have an epic Superman-like story of Clark doing what he needs to do to save his friend.

We saw what happened at the end of Season 7 in Arctic. That unlike Lana when Clark found Brainiac attacked her, Clark did not hesitate or wallow in misery when it was Chloe that was attacked. He killed the machine, that mocked his morality at the power planet.

So is romantic Clark over? No. Even if the show tries to end it, because of Brainiac infecting Chloe anything she does is suspect.

Why married Jimmy?

I can think of only one reason. It will hurt Clark. Then when Brainiac sees that Clark places Chloe's happiness over his own, when they [SPOILER]dance together at the Chimmy wedding, Brainiac will emerge when his designs are not coming together in his revenge on the Last Son of Krypton. Oh that will be so .[/SPOILER]

This will complicate everything. But to the question of Chlark, it is still there.

~Rockgod30

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockgod30
        Why is Chlark not over?

Chloe Sullivan is infected with Brainiac and given incredible processing abilities that she used to save Oliver. (Not a spoiler, already shown.)

Because of Brainiac rewiring Chloe's brain, it is clear that the Chlark relationship has taken on a whole new twisted dimension. The enemy is from within, and it is within Clark's best friend. During the Letter Chloe kept cutting Clark off instead of letting him talk. Chloe said that she was over those feelings. Yet this is the same person just a few months ago said, "I love your son." and to Clark "I need you."

So unless a 'lightswitch' happened while Chloe was locked up in Montana about her relationship with Clark and Jimmy, which will be really hard to sell since it was Clark that saved her without powers.

The next reason is that Clark said that he did not know that Chloe felt that way about him. He is just showing his B.D.A. creditials there, but to be fair, it was rare that Chloe let down the mask she wore as best friend. While we, the audience here Chloe's declarations and we were the ones that heard the letter, it was not Clark.

In Devoted Clark said he was not ready to have a relationship with Chloe beyond friends, yet, since the whole thing was caused by Krypto-ade. So all the moments we know that Chloe loves Clark, are not clear to him or how 'intense' her feelings are for him.

From Clark's perspective Chloe has been, and alway will be his best friend first. She did not do what was expected or what he would expect from someone that who wanted to be his girlfriend. So Chloe is Clark's best friend, there is no dispute or doubt about that.

Where does that leave us? Is Chlark over? Not by a long shot, especially with Chloe infected by Brainiac. I can only hope we have an epic Superman-like story of Clark doing what he needs to do to save his friend.

We saw what happened at the end of Season 7 in Arctic. That unlike Lana when Clark found Brainiac attacked her, Clark did not hesitate or wallow in misery when it was Chloe that was attacked. He killed the machine, that mocked his morality at the power planet.

So is romantic Clark over? No. Even if the show tries to end it, because of Brainiac infecting Chloe anything she does is suspect.

Why married Jimmy?

I can think of only one reason. It will hurt Clark. Then when Brainiac sees that Clark places Chloe's happiness over his own, when they [SPOILER]dance together at the Chimmy wedding, Brainiac will emerge when his designs are not coming together in his revenge on the Last Son of Krypton. Oh that will be so .[/SPOILER]

This will complicate everything. But to the question of Chlark, it is still there.

~Rockgod30

i loved your...speech it was great and i hope your crstal ball is right. i love chlark

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockgod30
          Why is Chlark not over?

Why married Jimmy?

~Rockgod30

Rockgod30 ITA! Chlark never was a simple question, then there is not a simple answer! This answer can't not be given with some lame quotes from poor written episodes! Yes the Chlark question still stands! I hope someday there will be a properly answer. One that is believable and makes sense.

Comment

• I wish that Chlark weren't over. As much as I love Lois, I also love Chloe, and also Lana. I'm hoping that Chloe & Clark are BFF (best friends forever).

Comment

• yeah i feel like chlark is finally over. It sucks considering that I've been rooting for those two since season one, but at least chloe wasnt turned down again in the process. I'm glad that she said "you missed your chance" and not clark saying "i wish I felt the same (like he did in S4).
              yes i do spend alot of time rewatching smallville episodes lol

Comment

• Instinct's sections on the Episodes Page is broken, everytime I click on something for it it takes me to committed instead?

I wanted to check out Charlotte Sullivan's Promotional Images again.

Comment

• Not till Chloe is "pushin' daisies"

Comment

• Originally posted by cotton candy girl
                    Yeah, I think the fever letter was brought back to show that Chloe has moved on.
                    Ditto.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎