Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Instinct"

Discuss the special effects from Instinct here!

Well from a short new preview i liked maxima's portal effects, looked very good. Would totally love if they say its a boom tube.

Comment

ITA.
      I hope they've sorted out that car toss though
      In the one preview it looked extremley fake. Even though it is, but you know what i mean

Comment

IA. I hope the car toss looks a lot better in the actual episode.

Comment

i thought the effects were great. i especially like the porthole that sent maxima back. they did a great job with tonights ep.

Comment

I like Smallville's new effect house. Entity I think joined in season 7 and they have done a great job so far.

Comment

MAxima beign the only one who can SENSE other ppl in superspeed fast enough to immediatly react , then watch clark speeding..

Super Speed = BEST SPECIAL EFFECT EVER, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CW GIVES SM A REALLY GOOD budget fot efects ,lol...

other than that, not bad...

Clark needs to get on the superspeed noticing, he norm doesnt notice unless he hears a slight commotion( "Run" , heard truck), or if he focuses("Justice", focused on streak running in circles, spotted bart)

Comment

The CG car throwing scene....not so hot...

Comment

Is it me or did the Maxima car flip look much better in the actual episode? I thought it did!! GOOD JOB on the effects tonight!

Comment

Haven't seen the episode yet, Does the car toss looks fake just like the trailer?

Comment

The effects were awesome except for the car toss! lol
                      Maxima's portal and the spinning rings at the very beginning were very cool. This might sound weird, but the way they made the elevator shake was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid-Prince
                        I like Smallville's new effect house. Entity I think joined in season 7 and they have done a great job so far.
                        I'm sure Entity have been around for years. Definitely since season 4 at least but I think even earlier. They have some show reels on their website.

Anyway, I wasn't impressed with the car throw or the Maxima teleportation effect. But the rest were pretty good.
                        Last edited by LexFactor; 10-10-2008, 02:51 AM.

Comment

At least Clark is starting to use superpowers. Strength, speed, hearing. THat's three in one episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-alien
                            At least Clark is starting to use superpowers. Strength, speed, hearing. THat's three in one episode.
                            X-ray

Comment

Oh Yeah, Superspeed, Xray Vision, "Clark time", Superhearing! Did I mention Super-cute and Super-sexy? Love it when he uses several Powers.
                              Did you notice? When Clark was running in "Clark time" to save Jimmy, Clark's coat was blowing behind him like a Cape.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎