Loved it? Hated it? What did you think?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really liked this ep as it had the neccessary soryline for clark to start moving on and stop whinning about lana. Like the way that Lois and CLark relationship is growing and that she seems to be strating to have feelings for him. Next Ep looks like its going to be good.

Comment

• Instinct was one of the only few duds of S8 storywise. But it's still really entertaining. "Bring it, b*tch!"

Comment

• I liked Maxima on The animated JLA series... so I was looking forward to seeing SV's take on her.

I was slightly disappointed to see that SV focused more on her fatal femme personality instead of the fact that she was actually a WARRIOR QUEEN. But I guess if they did that there would had been far too much destruction and that probably would had gone over SV's budget. Still the actress was hot and she was fairly convincing as a femme fatale.

I also didn't like the fact that Jimmy over-reacted to Chloe's letter. being insecure I get, but I don't think he should had reacted in the way he did. But I guess since this is SV, they needed to inject some pointless drama for the sake of it.

The only thing I liked about this storyline was the theme of moving on... even if they all talked about Lana way too much for my tastes.

Comment

• I always found this episode to be melodramatic. The conclusion to this episode was that obviously Lois and Clark are in love with eachother, and Lois got jealous seeing Maxima and Clark together. I didn't like that. The thing that I was looking forward to for this relationship was that there would be a slow build to their relationship, but they don't do that. They were left at a pretty good point at the end of season 7 where I felt they were actually real friends there and we could've seen them have time where they find that they do enjoy working together and then Jimmy could've set them up on a blind date and they to their surprise like being around eachother, but they would decide that they're too fresh off of their previous relationships to start anything, let alone with a co worker, for Lois she would say that she doesn't want to do that again. This would open up this basis where her and the blur could connect, though not romantically, but there would be an undercurrent of what her and Clark have there. But instead they just jump into Lois being into Clark. I never really bought that. It seemed rushed to me. Like, I don't remember Lois taking an interest in Clark like that before this season. Clark I could see. We know Clark in season 6 did kinda like the kiss with Lois. He even had that hand hold moment in zod. But Lois didn't express that that I remember.

God bless everyone!

Comment

• Maxima is a terrible character. She was originally created in 1989 and is a woman, who can go toe-to-toe with some of the most powerful heroes in the DC universe. Sadly, her creators chose to make the fact that she really like boys, her primary characteristic. Unfortunately, this characteristic became central to this adaptation. In the comics, she's also been a member of the Justice League. So, she could've joined them and proven to be a useful ally. Sadly, her role on Smallville ended up being as a one-shot villain, who is desperatly searching for a man.

We're also entering that weird phase in the show's history, when everyone worked in Metropolis (and spent most of their time there), but still lived in Smallville. This episode even had Jimmy move into the Talon apartment, while Lois ended up moving back in to the Kent Farm. Jimmy even went to the Ace of Clubs, after he found Chloe's old love letter (which was a nice bit of continuity), at the Talon apartment, to have a drink. Even if we ignore previous statements, about Metropolis being a three hour drive from Smallville, it's hard to believe that was the nearest bar he could find. Was the Wild Coyote (an established bar, in Smallville) closed?

On a more positive note, it's nice to see Lois and Clark begining to develop romantic feelings for each other, even if they won't admit it.

Comment

• Decided to have another look at this one and noticed more layers to it. It has Jimmy find Chloe's old love letter from "Fever" and becomes insecure. This and Maxima are plot devices to explore the Lois and Clark relationship. Clark is able to fight back his attraction towards Maxima, because (as noted by Maxima) he has feelings for Lois (something neither of them are comfortable to admit at this time). The love letter represents Clark's old romantic interest in Lana. Basically, Jimmy gets to embody Clark's fears that he could never love another person the same way as the old one. Are you just with this person, because you can't be with this other one? However, Chloe then adds that the past/first romantic interests (her in Clark and Clark in Lana) are just preparation for when they do meet their soul mate.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎