Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Would You Cast?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Alfred would be a supporting character, I would like to recommend Anthony Stewart Head (Giles from Buffy). I'm not sure if he's still acting in the U.S. anymore though, or if The CW could even afford him.

It all really depends on the era they go. Me, I'm still in a "Nightwing would be awesome, but a Robin series with Tim Drake would be great too"... especially if Stephanie Brown was a supporting character in the latter.

Comment

My understanding is that it is following Dick Grayson before he meets the Bat, while he is a circus performer and his parents are still alive. But I am sure they can change their minds on that once they realize there isn't much there,there. Not sure how much storyline would come out of that. Just more teen angst, ala 1st two seasons of Smallville.

Comment

I would choose Josh Hutcherson (RV, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Bridge to Terabithia) as Dick Grayson personally.

I seriously doubt that there would be many of the characters that are closer to Batman involved in this, like Alfred, Barbara, etc., because of the stupid Bat-Embargo that plagues Smallville. However, Tony Zucco could most likely be involved as one of the major villians, if this is set in Gotham or there abouts. There is no way to know for sure if any of it will be in Gotham. This could specifically be about a traveling circus that goes all over the United States, even visiting Smallville/Metropolis for a cross over episode!

Obviously, besides Dick, the main characters would be his parents and anyone else that would be working within the circus like the ring master, lion tamer, etc. There'll probably be some damn girl love interest as well to keep Dick's attention. So sad that there can't be a gay relationship evolve. Would give a whole new meaning to those rumors about Batman and Robin in the future.

Here's a casting of my own. Maybe not up to other's standards (or The CW's checkbook), but I like it:

Josh Hutcherson...................Richard John "Dick" Grayson
        Tea Leoni............................Mrs. Grayson
        Orlando Bloom......................Mr. Grayson
        James Gandolfini...................Ring Master
        Jeremy Irons........................Lion Tamer
        Jesse McCartney..................An original character/Dick's best friend (In my world, he'd be the love interest)
        Paul Walker.........................Tony Zucco
        Last edited by WhitneyFordmanFanatic; 10-13-2008, 09:34 AM.

Comment

If they are going for an older Dick Grayson, the I would love to see Gregory Smith from Everwood, Patrick Flueger from The 4400 or even Kyle Gallner from Veronica Mars/Smallville/CSI:NY/whateverothershowhe'sbeenon. But if they are going to a 12 year old Dick Grayson, I'm not really sure who they should pick. They most likely will go for a Disney star, since a lot of them are young.

Comment

I have another casting idea for Robin: What if Thomas Dekker took on the lead role? He is a good and experienced actor, very good looking and he seems to have the right attitude that the character needs.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixforce86
              I have another casting idea for Robin: What if Thomas Dekker took on the lead role? He is a good and experienced actor, very good looking and he seems to have the right attitude that the character needs.
              Good choice! But he's also in Sarah Connor Chronicles, and I doubt his contract would allow him to do both.

Comment

If they really want to go young, cast Logan Lerman. I've been pushing him as Robin for the longest time. Well ever since I saw 3:10 to Yuma, but still.

Comment

To comment on what BW/CK said, I can definitely see Logan Lerman in the role as Robin... but as for all the other suggestions I've seen here...??? It seems like alot of people have this idea of Robin being a 18 year old model or something. If it started off with him that old, the series couldn't possibly last for that long because he has to eventually meet Batman and become the Boy Wonder way before he's even in college. This is what happens when the general public sees classic comic book characters as they are portrayed in mortifying reinterpretations (Batman Forever). President Luthor, that girl Haley Bennett does look the part for Barb, but i dunno about a young hip Alfred.

Comment

Maybe those of us who have older suggestions are hoping they'd take the Nightwing route

Comment

So I saw "All My Children" today and this guy:

Plays "Petey Cortland", and the way he was reminded me so much of Robin, that nerdiness from way back but more modern somehow...

ETA: His name is Daniel Kennedy.

Comment

what about the guy from Speed Racer? i don't even know his name (if someone would care to post a pic for me?) i think he would make a good Superboy too...

Comment

If Blake Lively weren't on Gossip Girl - and it was the Drake-era Robin - I could see her filling out a Spoiler costume .

And maybe it's just me, but her voice doesn't sound like a mouse on helium. I could actually hear her say: "Robin, don't go after Two-Face on your own! You know what Batman says: always have contingencies."

Comment

I heard a rumor there will be casting calls in DC, and if so...me.

I study various martial arts including his herald escrima. I follow the character, I have some training as an actor, and I would refuse to be called DJ...oh, and I would still totally talk to you guys.

In all seriousness, I love the character of Dick Grayson, but unless the premise is altered, I don't think it really matters who is cast...because I don't see it getting signed...

Comment

im not really sure who should play Dick...it needs a lot of thought...

Comment

what about this guy?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎