No announcement yet.

The Flash - 2003 WB TV Project

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flash - 2003 WB TV Project

I just found out at superherohype that WB´s planning to make a pilot for a new tv series about The Flash that´s aimed for fall 2004! It´s seemingly going to be like Smallville since it´s got a "no tights, no flights"-like policy which means that we won´t be seeing the red spandex. Well, as long as it´s still the Flash I don´t mind.

AWWW CRAP! Flash series

Well this looks to be a stinker. No costume, and each week he will travel into the past or the future and have adventures. I'll just sit and watch the old series and pray for DVD release.

Comment

What are you talking about?

Give us a link?????

Comment

From Variety & AICN

Quote:
        The WB has ordered a pilot for a new series based on DC Comics' “fastest man alive," according to this Friday morning Variety story by Josef Adalian.

Todd Komarnicki, one of the many producers on the Will Ferrell “Elf” movie due in November, will script the "Flash" pilot.

Unlike the 1990 CBS version, the new “Flash” will feature a speedster who never dons the comic-book character’s skintight scarlet running suit.
        Like the comics’ current Flash, Wally West, the new TV Flash will learn that he is only the latest in a long line of Flashes.

According to the Variety piece, the Flash will each week be sent on a time-travel mission to the past or the future. (The comic-book Flash can travel through time too – with the help of a handy "cosmic treadmill" – but he doesn’t do it in every issue!)

Comment

The time travel thing is The Suck.

Comment

Warner Bros. once again disappoints the comic book nerds. I'm beginning to wish they would go bankrupt and out of business.

Comment

oh man, that sounds like it will SUCK beyond words.

How freaking stupid.

I'd at least try something like ".. it's like Smallville but with The Flash instead..." before I tried 'time traveling Flash'.

Comment

that has got to be the stupidest thing i have ever heard, i am with you supernat hero, these guys from wb are so greedy, why can't they just let smallville have it's own spotlight...you know ya think after all these years they have been around that they would figure i out, if you make another show you are almost shooting your self in the foot, I wish dc would just tell wb to f off, then they probably would go bankrupt....

Comment

Is it just me, or does it seem like the networks are afraid to have their super heros in costumes? And why does it feel like they expect us to automatically think a super hero who isn't in a costume is cool, and "now", and cutting edge?

Comment

moving this to the OT for now

Comment

Warnerbros. realized a long time ago that the costumes tend to detract from their pretty actor/actress faces... the faces that sell the show. You also need a VERY good actor to hide behind a mask and still deliver the fine nuances of a scene... VERY good young actors are usually not pretty enough to put in front of a camera, let alone to be spotlighted on a wb teen drama series...
                      Personally... the time travelling saviour thing has been done poorly before with 7 days and quite frankly, I don't think adding the flash to the show would've helped it. Yup, it's gonna suck.
                      Just my opinion.
                      Deagleclaw out

Comment

And no Amanda Pays? Psht.

Comment

AHHH CRAP

I have the old series pilot and finalle on VHS (bought them) but i'd love it if The Flash came out on DVD with all it's eps.. beside it being campy at times I loved it! (especially the pilot ep!)

Honestly why can't another studio own the DC properties... one that would actually use them for their history, powers, and custums rather hten just the name, because that's all it is, it's a guy that can run fast and has the same name as the flash, but it sure won't be...

Give us a series that is TRUE to the comics!!!

Comment

The issue isn't being true to the comics or the WB being too greedy. That's not why this show will be The Suck(greed would drive WB to make shows that aren't The Suck, so as to get high ratings leading to high profits). The issue is a bad premise likely thought up by some brainless hack. Furthermore superspeed and time travel are like the hardest things to use in shows, because they give infinite possibilties for the hero. Our friend Clark could blitz his way into Lionel's office whenever he liked, look at whatever documents he liked, etc etc. The Flash could do that too. If anything bad happened, the Flash could just go back in time and stop just about anything and save just about anyone. Daddy has a heart attack, zap, back in time, Daddy goes to hospital the day before and lives.

TIME TRAVEL IS JUST LAAAAME unless it's got some provisions, like its not something you can do easily(note all the issues with fuel Marty McFly had).

Comment

If BoP didn't work out, I doubt this will either. And BoP actually had a good story line (from the one ep i saw ). So far this Flash thing sounds like a spinoff on an H.G. Wells novel. I wouldn't mind the series a whole lot though, since the only experience with the Flash that I've had is a wind up action figure my brother had

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎