Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Beta/Editor Request Thread

Following in Lint's awesome example, please post requests for beta readers/fanfic editors here. If you would like to beta read for someone, also post it in this thread. Please be sure to include:

- Your name
    - Age (if someone is under 18, please do NOT ask them to beta anything rated R or NC-17)
    - Your strengths (characterization, grammar, etc.)
    - What you like to read

If you are looking for a beta, please specify how long your story is (word count or file size), the basic genre and when you will need your story back (24 hours, 7 days, etc.) so that people who volunteer.

OK, write on, people!

Ok,

Looking for someone to Beta a short (19 - 20 page) story. File is 71 KB.

NC-13 stuff. Nothing you wouldn't see on the show itself. Avoided pairings so nothing beyond some references to what has been seen before on the show.

Subject matter is Chloe's investigation for Lionel with the accompanying crisis of conscience.

Punctuation and grammar not really an issue, but mistakes would not really be beyond me. I've literally walked into doors before and once actually stapled my thumb while talking to someone.

Considering what I mentioned above I'm mainly concerned about looking stupid. Major plot holes, coming across with a wooden style, etc.

Turn around desired is probably less than a week, but certainly any quicker would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Comment

what is betta reading?

Comment

Beta-readers are editors. They basically check over your story for grammar, characterization, plot, etc.

Comment

im available if anyone would like me to help!

-Emilee (smlvlchk)
          -i like digging into character's minds and really thinking about what they'd do (literalization) but i think im also good at creating plots...if thats at all what was meant to be said
          -i have a very broad interest range...ill read anything

if you want to know any more PM me

Comment

I'd be happy to beta read for someone

...and hopefully I'll soon have something that will need to be read as well. I'm in the outline/plot development stage, and hope to start writing very, very soon.

--BlushingRose (RoseAnn or Rosie)
            --I'm over 35--well, over 40--well...that's far enough,
            --I proofread/edit/index for a living part-time, so you can be assured I'll do a good job I'll probably be more picky than you want, in fact, LOL...
            --I've watched the show from the beginning, and have copies of every episode (I've even started doing transcripts for my own reference if anyone would like a copy)
            --I will read anything/any rating/any pairings EXCEPT graphic slash. Implied Clex or other m/m slash and mild f/f slash would be okay as long as it has a plot of some sort
            --Turnaround time right now would be very, very fast...I'm self-employed, and my next scheduled seminar to teach isn't until mid-February. It's cold and wintery right now in Oklahoma, so I'm happy to stay inside and read...

PM me if you'd like me to beta read for you.

RA

Comment

Hey everyone. The Smallville Virtual Season is in need of Beta readers. The link to the main site is in my sig.

The eps are any where from 60-100 pages but we post them in parts to be beta'd so as to not be overwhelming. Nothing over a pg-13 rating. Nothing you wouldn't see on the show. As things stand right now we have a Chlark pairing.

If you're interested in helping us out or have questions, please PM me or Kittsbud. Or post a reply here.

Thanks in advance,
              Suz

Comment

I am available to do beta-reading for anyone who needs it. I am online a LOT so I can return the story/chapter pretty quickly!
                - Elise(DuMont)
                - I can do punctuation, grammar, spelling, pretty much anything like that.
                - I'm a fanfic pig, I read just about anything!
                Last edited by DuMont; 03-10-2004, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I am available to help if anyone needs it!

-Courtney (Snowflake)
                  -I can do grammar (punctuation, spelling, etc.) I am also pretty good at characterization.
                  -I'll read basically anything

Comment

I'm looking for someone who will beta my Chlark fic for me. It's about 66k in length, rated NC-17 and I just need someone to check it over for spelling and grammar mistakes. I also need someone to check over my characterisation (especially of Kal, because he's a hard character to write) and the flow of my plot, that kind of thing.

If anyone is interested, please PM or email me at [email protected].

Thanks

Comment

Name : KryptoniteJem (KJ)
                      Strengths : characterization, grammar, and spelling.
                      What you like to read : Anything! I'll read everything but I really don't like gay/lesbian stuff.

Comment

I would like someone to beta a WiP that is already on this thread (A Rabblle of Butterflies)for publication as a continuous story rather than a broken narrative. I would appreciate help in this regard.
                        Please Pm me if you would like to take on this painful task.

Comment

Name: Dawson
                          Strengths: I cin spel gud.
                          What: Anything.

PM or Email me if you want me to look over something...

Comment

I would like someone to beta a short fic that I am working on. Main characters are Clark and Lana. No romance, rated Pg-13.

It is my first fic and I am after the basics such as spelling, punctuation, grammar, characterization, etc.

I would also appreciate suggestions to improve plot and readability such as more detail needed in places or bits to be re-written, etc.

PM me if you are interested. Thanks.

Comment

Y'all know me. I'm the Madscientist.

I'm pretty good at coming up with plot ideas.

I enjoy Smallville, Stargate SG-1, and X-Men fanfiction.

Basically, I need someone to check over grammar, spelling, pronouciation, etc. My computer only has Microsoft Word but doesn't have a spellcheck. I will need someone to help beta X-Ville as soon as I'm done with the story. (I plan to post it on the Smallville Virtuality site and repost on ff.net once beta'd.) Also, I have another potential story idea in the works so I may need a beta rather quickly. I'd appreciate it if the beta reader could have the reviewed material back to me within a few days, though I understand that events beyond one's control pop up from time to time. If interested, please send me a private message or email me at [email protected] Please label the subject as Beta Reader.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎