Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screen Names: How'd you come up with yours?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Names: How'd you come up with yours?

I didn't wanna put my real name out on the internet so I came up with this name. I like having the initials C.C. so I picked up a baby name book and thumbed through that.

Went to the girls section and I liked Claire because it meant "bright" and "clear." But I chose a variation, Clari, because I like first names that end in "i."

Went to the boys section for the last name, and I liked Clyde because it meant "stream" and had connotations of "being hidden" or "hard to find."

So, how'd y'all come up with your screen names?

I just use my initials and 2001...because its futuristic. Or at least it was up until about 1990...but I'm behind the times.

Comment

One of my coworkers was hopelessly cynical about everything he came across, but unlike most other cynics, he was quite cheerful about it. One would think that seeing the bad in everything would be more depressing.

So I pointed this out, and started laughing about how he was a cynic, but a jolly cynic. But it backfired. My other coworkers all said that I was pretty much the same way, always joyfully pointing out the problems in any plan, telling everybody that everything was doomed to failure while smiling and laughing about it.

So the nickname got shifted. I hate it when my evil backfires.

Comment

Mine is so dull compaired to the hilarity that is 'JollyCynic'

As I didn't want to use my real name and I was a huge massive anime fan at the time, I put my name into a translator and used it in Japanese -- althought I've got no idea how accurate/close it really is to my given name.

Now most people shorten it to 'Chiri' (or Chi, either is fine by me) which actual means paper over there. *shrugs*

Boring, but it works.

Comment

I'm an aspiring actor and so I'd been looking for a screen name to use for some time (once I broke into the film industry) so while I was driving around the city I saw a sign and I really loved the name... Tayler... so I just started using it...

Comment

Originally posted by Chiriru
            As I didn't want to use my real name and I was a huge massive anime fan at the time, I put my name into a translator and used it in Japanese -- althought I've got no idea how accurate/close it really is to my given name.

Now most people shorten it to 'Chiri' (or Chi, either is fine by me) which actual means paper over there. *shrugs*

Boring, but it works.
            Paper's not boring! I used to study design and one of the classes I took was on print production and manufacturing processes. Paper is interesting -- all the different textures and grains and opacity and weights. And if you ever pick up a big name design journal or magazine, you'll see that paper mills spend big bucks to get their samples in just perfect.

Comment

I wanted something funny with kryptonite in it, but kryptonite weasel just had too many bad connotations. I didn't want people mistaking me for a lawyer or something, so I went with monkey. Besides, supes was already taken.

Comment

I'm a Superhero that keeps the world safe from out of control and unsafe campfires. But shh, don't tell anyone.

Comment

I like computers and superman, combine the two and what do you get? BINARYSUPERMAN :-)

Comment

MR= Michael Rosenbaum
                    4EVA= Forever

What more can I say?!

Comment

Mine is Teen Chef because I love to cook. I will be studying to be a chef when I go to college.

Comment

My name kinda says it all but if you REALLY don't get it then uh...i guess you could ask me

Comment

Well "Mc" harkens back into my love of hip-hop and "Sketchalot" is both a combonation of my art career and the name of an indie rapper by the name of "Mc Frontalot" lol...go figure

Comment

i saw saturday night fever on broadway 14 times with my friend. got to know the cast real well. we were called the discodelic fans of the fever.

Comment

Well let's see... Ever read the Batman comic books? You know of that one woman who keeps all of the hero leagues and individual heroes connected in some form? offering assitance and... heh..information whenever needed? Well that's me. I'm Oracle. *bows* Former Batgirl.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎